• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m33 minutes ago
Aldon Smith only wanted to go back to Oakland, and his biggest advocate is #Raiders owner Mark Davis. They view Smith as family

Happy Smith is back

MRSA

Banned
If Bruce Irvin and Aldon Smith become pass rushing monsters like in their earlier years. We'll see many more butt fumbles. You're welcome NFLGAF!!!

kaiju

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m33 minutes ago
Aldon Smith only wanted to go back to Oakland, and his biggest advocate is #Raiders owner Mark Davis. They view Smith as family

Happy Smith is back

Damn I miss Aldon. He was on the right track until Kap started messing with his ex and he fell off the wagon. So we lost Smith. Then Kap lost the locker room, part of his downfall last year (and why he wants out).

Nessa, what did you do to my team?!?

Chode_6.jpg

Giants:

Former Steelers H-back Will Johnson told me he's headed to the New York Giants on a two-year deal. Johnson can line up as a tight end, fullback or running back. He's also a special teams contributor.

Steelers-Gaf any thoughts?

Thanks friends, I'm off Team Rams at least until I see the new cheerleader roster but the Dolphins have hit up Latin America so it seems safe that the Dolphins will easily keep that crown for another season.

MechDX

Brock and Savage Tom getting all the Texans offensive skill players together in Scottsdale.

Hope they stay away from pizza places and Lamborghinis with Packers DBs in them.

#NoThuggery

squicken

Congrats, Chris!

Chase Daniel or Bradford while continuing to build around Hopkins wouldn't have been a bad move the way I see it...but it's a tough situation. It's hard to recover gettin burned at the QB position over and over, and being mediocre enough in othe areas to not get a great draft pick.

My thought as well. Giving Brock such a big deal just wasn't wise when they still had options. I get why they did it, but that radio dude mech was quoting is right. No one I talk to is sold. They are hopeful, but BoB/Rick haven't really been good at evaluating QBs so far

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nothing to add on Will Johnson. Good guy, pretty good fullback. Solid addition, but nothing special.

Also:

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 39m39 minutes ago

Defensive end Wallace Gilberry is the newest member of the #Lions, per his representatives @_SportsTrust.

Congrats on swearing your life over to the Evil Empire, chris.

We have things like freedom, milk in jugs, and stuffed crust deep dish pizza that you just can't get anywhere else!

Also

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 3h3 hours ago
Panthers signed punter Michael Palardy to a one-year deal. He spent time in camp with the Raiders and Rams.

#JGT

...It's weird getting a review copy for a game you never asked for, and no none of you can have it since chances are quite high (except Mech and his XBONE) you will be getting the game for free tomorrow...doesn't help it's two genres I absolutely hate to play.

Godslay

Banned
Well looks like we won't get Kaep.

It's not really done yet.

Now that we know Kaep won't take a cut, SF and DEN need to figure out between them who takes what in regards to his salary and how it relates to the compensation SF will get.

It's not a dead deal by any means. At least until one of the two declare it to be.

The Titans and SF dealings are interesting as well. Which means that SF could be dealing up to get a QB at #1. That means Kaep becomes even more of a dispensable piece, and any trade they get for him could be potentially part of a package for TEN down the line.

Lots of moving pieces, but I think we've still got a pretty good shot at bringing him in.

It's not really done yet.

Now that we know Kaep won't take a cut, SF and DEN need to figure out between them who takes what in regards to his salary and how it relates to the compensation SF will get.

It's not a dead deal by any means. At least until one of the two declare it to be.

The Titans and SF dealings are interesting as well. Which means that SF could be dealing up to get a QB at #1. That means Kaep becomes even more of a dispensable piece, and any trade they get for him could be potentially part of a package for TEN down the line.

Lots of moving pieces, but I think we've still got a pretty good shot at bringing him in.

It's done, Jim. The deal hinges on money and the Broncos can't trade any of their compensatory picks so moving from a 4th to a 3rd in exchange for that 5 million in relief is pretty much impossible.

Godslay

Banned
It's done, Jim. The deal hinges on money and the Broncos can't trade any of their compensatory picks so moving from a 4th to a 3rd in exchange for that 5 million in relief is pretty much impossible.

There is still plenty of time between now and the draft to work this out. I can't imagine that SF is going into the season with Kaep on their team.

As far as the deal itself, it would have to be a 2nd or a 3rd. It can't be a 4th this year at least.

One of the 3rd rounders can't be dealt and the 4th rounder is in the same comp. pick boat.

As far as the money... it's a tight squeeze but they can easily get there if they need it. This just feels like a game of chicken right now.

...It's weird getting a review copy for a game you never asked for, and no none of you can have it since chances are quite high (except Mech and his XBONE) you will be getting the game for free tomorrow...doesn't help it's two genres I absolutely hate to play.
I also have an xbone. Man I am super curious what it is.

I also have an xbone. Man I am super curious what it is.

Dead Star, aka the game everyone with PSN Plus is getting free tomorrow...so yeah not sure why I'm getting a review code. I hate most twinstick shooters (yet I love Binding of Issac...), and I generally hate most multiplayer focused games, so this game is a love child of two focuses I really hate.

Its Kratos with a beard. Some reason I giggled alittle.
Aren't you an OSU fan?
Yes. But I want to hear other ppls favorite prospects, I have others besides Zeke/OSU players. I don't just follow OSU football haha.

I could see the possibility of Zeke being a bit of a diva in the future haha.

MechDX

Dead Star, aka the game everyone with PSN Plus is getting free tomorrow...so yeah not sure why I'm getting a review code. I hate most twinstick shooters (yet I love Binding of Issac...), and I generally hate most multiplayer focused games, so this game is a love child of two focuses I really hate.

Damn ill just have to suffer with my free copies of Dead Space, Sunset Overdrive and Saints Row 4 on my Xbox One.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I love twin stick shooters, but multiplayer focused? ehhh

co-op is fine though.

cdyhybrid

Its Kratos with a beard. Some reason I giggled alittle.

Yes. But I want to hear other ppls favorite prospects, I have others besides Zeke/OSU players. I don't just follow OSU football haha.

I could see the possibility of Zeke being a bit of a diva in the future haha.
Zeke is gonna be too busy partying with me, Dutch, Western, and wienke to play football.

Damn ill just have to suffer with my free copies of Dead Space, Sunset Overdrive and Saints Row 4 on my Xbox One.

Yep, though I did get my review codes for the upcoming games I care for so I'm happy. And I got a free copy of HunieCam Studio....no I didn't ask for this, nor will I review this. The first game was a painful enough of an experience.

Jordan Devey signs his 1 year tender with 49ers.

looooooooooooooooool of course he did. i doubt he would make the CFL, let alone any other NFL team. i have no idea why we tendered him (even though he gets no guaranteed money). maybe just a camp body because i challenge anyone here to find a worse offensive lineman in the NFL

what pisses me off about the 360 games on xbone is if i try to DL them on xbone, i have to have credit card info entered... why!? it's fucking free you dumb motherfuckers. it doesn't make me do this on my 360 OR for xbone games!

Top Bottom