• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
To be entirely honest, all these consoles kinda suck dick.

I'm not surprised they are going forward with new iterations already.

Both of the online services have been shitty lately. The games haven't been that great as of late either.

The Xbone OS/UI is a crash fest. The worst I've ever seen in a console tbh.

effzee

He's average, might be competing for a starting LG spot, but most likely he'll be depth. Good signing since he can play a few different positions, and is at least better than Barbre/Tobin, probably around Gardner's level before he got injured. I feel like we're definitely not targeting Stanley now, and we can get someone else. Still hoping Howie can work some magic and move up for Jack

Also Prescott will probably be available in the 4th-5th, especially considering his DUI. Moving into the 2nd for him would be a reach

Never under estimate the run at QBs, especially in a weak draft.

While I hope he is there in the fourth, I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles have to take him in 3rd.

Both of the online services have been shitty lately. The games haven't been that great as of late either.

xbone OS/UI is a true piece of shit. i'm not sure if its worse than wiiU though. the problem i've been having with it lately is sometimes i start the system and it literally says "for some reason the home page took too long to load" and just nothing happens.... i don't know why this happens. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work.

then their store is just unbelievably bad and disorganized. psn is fine for me. very bare bones but simple, usually works fine, store is easy to navigate and makes sense. the main problem with psn is i send someone a message and maybe they get it now, or maybe they get it a week from now. i never know!

Read you can link a Pay Pal account.

i mean i "can" link a regular account. my point is why should i need to?

thankfully both of these services are free!

Spinluck

I think there's consoles are great, and that I'm the one that is sort of withering out on games.

Im a lot more picky and more selective on what games I spend time with.

There used to be a time that I'd go back and play games I really like, and beat them multiple times. I haven't done that since Uncharted or RE4 which I truly believed had infinite replayability. Only games I go back to play are like retro platformers on my phone.

Hindl

Yeah definitely. This generation finally made me realize there's no point in having consoles with the current state of PCs. I'm only really going to get consoles for exclusives, and for now that pretty much means PC/Nintendo. Sony eventually too, but recently it's been taking them a while for their 1st party to get going

Never under estimate the run at QBs, especially in a weak draft.

While I hope he is there in the fourth, I wouldn't be shocked if the Eagles have to take him in 3rd.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be too mad if he's taken in the 3rd, although I may want Cardale there instead. Or if Dak is gone before the 4th, I think Jacoby Brissett would be another one worth looking at

cdyhybrid

Yeah definitely. This generation finally made me realize there's no point in having consoles with the current state of PCs. I'm only really going to get consoles for exclusives, and for now that pretty much means PC/Nintendo. Sony eventually too, but recently it's been taking them a while for their 1st party to get going

One of us! One of us!

Now we just need to get you into DOTA and your turn to the dark side will be complete.

Hindl

One of us! One of us!

Now we just need to get you into DOTA and your turn to the dark side will be complete.

Lol I've been playing Dota since the original WC3 mod in 2006, and I put in over 2300 hours into Dota 2 once it came out. I was so happy when they announced I'd be able to play Dota without having WC3 installed. I had that hardcore addiction to it for the past 8 years, probably played at least 5 matches a week. I finally burned out a couple months ago and it's been pretty freeing. But yeah building my gaming PC in 2014 was the greatest thing ever

You spend 80% of your free time sculpting statues of Magic Johnson out of wood and the other 20% of it contemplating if you should start Fire Emblem (you have yet to reach a verdict).

lolno

As if bionic has time to do all that in between purse and rug shopping.

Shumps are my favorite genre by far. I paid $200 for radiant silvergun and it was worth every penny. Maybe I choose poorly this Gen.

RIP Yankee's Giraffe

rando14

What's baseball? I've never heard of it

Also I don't care about football either

Just fuck sports entirely I guess!! *fades away

Hindl

Bionic should play Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. Jordan is the villian that has destroyed basketball and civilization and Charles Barkley has to make everything right again. I'm sure there's a mod to replace Barkley with Magic too

Godslay

Banned
xbone OS/UI is a true piece of shit. i'm not sure if its worse than wiiU though. the problem i've been having with it lately is sometimes i start the system and it literally says "for some reason the home page took too long to load" and just nothing happens.... i don't know why this happens. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work.

then their store is just unbelievably bad and disorganized. psn is fine for me. very bare bones but simple, usually works fine, store is easy to navigate and makes sense. the main problem with psn is i send someone a message and maybe they get it now, or maybe they get it a week from now. i never know!

i mean i "can" link a regular account. my point is why should i need to?

thankfully both of these services are free!

My kids like to play Minecraft on the Xbone. Main reason being they have cousins who play on the Xbone.

I've probably seen a few hundred 'Cannot play this game, must be connected to XBL' errors, despite the box being connected to ethernet and connected to XBL and having a good connection to my ISP.

The nav sucks too. At least with the Wii, it tries to stay out of the way. You were right that the PS4 controller is the best out of the two.

I think there's consoles are great, and that I'm the one that is sort of withering out on games.

Im a lot more picky and more selective on what games I spend time with.

There used to be a time that I'd go back and play games I really like, and beat them multiple times. I haven't done that since Uncharted or RE4 which I truly believed had infinite replayability. Only games I go back to play are like retro platformers on my phone.

Bloodborne is the only game I've really sunk a lot of time into.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't be too mad if he's taken in the 3rd, although I may want Cardale there instead. Or if Dak is gone before the 4th, I think Jacoby Brissett would be another one worth looking at

I wonder sometimes why I didn't go beefy PC rather than all the consoles. Especially with the Vive looking like it is.

rando14

Friend, lets become women's volleyball fans, the Olympics are coming too so we should start watching the sport now!!

I can get behind this!! Also my late uncle eznark told me that there are some serious smokeshows in golf, mayhaps I will pick that up as well!!

Is the Florida a wonderful place to live? I've only been there once.

Asking for a friend

If you move to FL there will be consequences....

rando14

Well let's round it out with some Womens Tennis!!!

The pinnacle of sports
woSqRBg.png

bionic77

Bionic should play Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. Jordan is the villian that has destroyed basketball and civilization and Charles Barkley has to make everything right again. I'm sure there's a mod to replace Barkley with Magic too
I would buy a $500 console and take a week off work to play this game.

Bionic has given up on shopping in person, he just let's his wife do it and cries internally each time the bills come in.
This is actually kind of close to the truth. Uncomfortably so.....

cdyhybrid

You need to train her in Madden so she can take over your spot in the Madden league when your arthritis doesnt let you play gamez anymore!!

lol
It comforts me to know I'll still have great games like Hearthstone and others that don't require quick reaction when I'm old and frail.

You need to train her in Madden so she can take over your spot in the Madden league when your arthritis doesnt let you play gamez anymore!!

i had to get an MRI on my knee this weekend and the doctor called me today and said i had early signs of arthritis in my knee and loss of cartilage. all those years of playing basketball and im old as fuck now :(

Top Bottom