• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

JABEE

Fantomex

You answered it yourself, you don't want to ruin a guy's draft stock.

I'm not even talking about the content of the questions. Often you can tell a lot by how these guys answer them. Say for instance a long delay after a simple question - expect that long delay on gameday.

We call that Tebow Time.

Tim was quoting LZ there from his radio hit on WIP. I really hope all this stuff on Wentz is smoke. They would basically be punting the 2016 season. It would explain all the short term deals though. Put a not-awful 6-7 win team on the field. Promise everyone next year will be better

Man it would be crazy if Howie sent some huge package to the titans for the number 1 pick, just so he could brag that he did what Chip couldnt. I really dont understand how teams can be so high on Wentz, what competition did he face in college.

smh I expected better from Bionic

How dare you besmirch my good friend bionics name. He only took that case to sabotage it from the inside.

Hindl

Tim was quoting LZ there from his radio hit on WIP. I really hope all this stuff on Wentz is smoke. They would basically be punting the 2016 season. It would explain all the short term deals though. Put a not-awful 6-7 win team on the field. Promise everyone next year will be better

For me it's just that there's the chance to get a much better player at 8 who would have an immediate impact. The only way I could see taking Wentz or Goff is if Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Bosa, Buckner, Elliot, and Hargreaves are all off the board. Then you could have a discussion about taking one of the QBs or Stanley. But given that at least one of Wentz or Goff will almost certainly be chosen before 8, one of those players should fall and be taken instead

Fantomex

Man it would be crazy if Howie sent some huge package to the titans for the number 1 pick, just so he could brag that he did what Chip couldnt. I really dont understand how teams can be so high on Wentz, what competition did he face in college.

Bro he torched Western Illinois and the perennial powerhouse Youngstown state.

HjVPaVe.png

#GoHawks
#That'sMyQB

JABEE

Why does everyone have Wentz and Goff above Connor Cook? Is it their ability to run the football?

Wentz reminds me of Alex Smith.

I would take a late round chance on someone like Cook.

Why does everyone have Wentz and Goff above Connor Cook? Is it their ability to run the football?

Cooks teammates didnt name him captain so that is considered a black mark for a QB. Small hands was the #1 overall pick so being compared to him would be a good thing going into the draft.

squicken

I linked a podcast with some of the Philly writers, and they did not like Cook. Bad leadership, and they thought he wasn't all that bright

MechDX

Squicken and Miguel trying to say I'm the Texans curse on Twitter. :(

I need to rethink things. I have always been a fan of green and my favorite animal is an eagle.

He already is isn't he?

I mean yeah, he's a free agent and we're not bringing him back. I'm just having fun fantasizing about something more dramatic, like Jerry Jones kicking him off the top of the midfield jumbotron. Simply not being re-signed in free agency is so unsatisfying.

Hindl

I mean yeah, he's a free agent and we're not bringing him back. I'm just having fun fantasizing about something more dramatic, like Jerry Jones kicking him off the top of the midfield jumbotron. Simply not being re-signed in free agency is so unsatisfying.

Eh just wait for the report in a couple months where he does something stupid again but he's no longer an NFL star and gets thrown in jail

I need to rethink things. I have always been a fan of green and my favorite animal is an eagle.

That's hurtful :(

squicken

You should have realized it was always you when Andrew Luck's organs started bleeding as soon as you started cheering for the Colts

I just think of that last drive by KC against the Pats in the playoffs last year and think "The Eagles are going from Chip Kelly to that?!"

No! Bad mech!

I just think of that last drive by KC against the Pats in the playoffs last year and think "The Eagles are going from Chip Kelly to that?!"

Welp it is officially hurt yankeehater day on gaf. I am going to go cry now.

Added you to the list, Jabee in the OP.

Anyone else that wants in on the draft, please post. I am paying attention and adding to the list as we progress. Mock draft start time and date have not changed.

BreadGhost industries is investing money in a high cost $10 analytical study to determine the best Qb in the draft,

That's hurtful :(

You should have realized it was always you when Andrew Luck's organs started bleeding as soon as you started cheering for the Colts
:")

effzee

A very expensive 6-7 team when you could possibly get the same win total with Chase or even Wentz if you draft him and start day 1. Again resigning Bradford makes no sense.

The other scenario is they think they are good enough, as is without any of the top 10 non QB players they could possibly get in the draft, to compete for the division plus draft a guy who they think in 2-3 seasons could be their version of Aaron Rodgers.

I can see it only because they did sign a lot of veterans, solid starers, and retained some good young talent of their own. They don't have a glaring hole at any 1 position going into the draft. They might envision Bradford healthy for another season where he leads the Eagles to compete for the division. Wentz would be a luxury pick.

That would be the ideal end result, though I don't know how you count on that happening. And ideally the Eagles could turn into a QB development team like the Packers. Take Wentz and turn him into a top 10 QB in 2-3 seasons and take guys late in the draft every now and then to turn into trade bait.

Of course the fact that they pick 8 and either the Browns or a team moving up into the top 3 is probably selecting Wentz throws a wrench into the whole plan. Eagles would have to give up both 3rd round picks and possibly more to move from 8 to 1 or 2.

I wouldn't put that all on Pederson. Andy is just notoriously awful at clock management.

Dougie P said:
“Did we get it done in that time?” Pederson told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show. “No we didn’t, I’ll be the first to admit it.

“Number one, was that, we did not want to give Tom Brady the ball back,” he continued. “We wanted the ball with time and timeouts, which we had an opportunity at the end of that game to do. We didn’t get the onside kick done, we failed in that area.”

Ultimately, Pederson said his new experienced coordinators like Frank Reich and Jim Schwartz will help him with late-game situations and clock management issues.

“Going forward you learn from that,” Pederson said. “That’s why you bring guys like Frank Reich in, who have experience from other teams, that he might have another view point in those situations as we dive into the season. You bring in your Jim Schwartz’s of the world, who have had experience in those situations and collectively you come up with your game plan going forward that again, in that situation, you can do either something differently or the same. But the bottom line was, in that game, timeouts of the essence when you’ve got a tremendous quarterback on the other side of the field that could really beat you and we just failed to get it done. So, great learning experience going forward and one that, again, with the men around me will help us make those choices the next time in that situation.”

JABEE

I still think Pederson is covering for Reid. Same thing happened with Reid, and there is no way Reid gave up control of that game.

squicken

A
Of course the fact that they pick 8 and either the Browns or a team moving up into the top 3 is probably selecting Wentz throws a wrench into the whole plan. Eagles would have to give up both 3rd round picks and possibly more to move from 8 to 1 or 2.

The offense, on paper, isn't awful as presently constituted. Howie has already upgraded both guard spots. Tobin can go back to being a backup tackle. They lack an outside WR, but Ertz and JMatt are solid. Hoping another year will let Algholor do something this year.

The big issue is Peters' health, which is why I think they will take a tackle at 8 unless some top 5 guy falls for some reason. If Bosa is there at 8, is that worth passing on Conklin or Stanley?

I really do think the QB stuff is more smoke more likely than not. It's in their interests for people to jump ahead of them to take a QB, letting defenders and OLs fall

BreadGhost industries is investing money in a high cost $10 analytical study to determine the best Qb in the draft.
Who do you have as lead researcher? And besides.. If we are imitating the browns.. We'd do it and then ignore the findings and then draft a drunk midget.

So if I root for the Browns do they just cease to exist?

I think that's a double negative. So you'll lead them to their first Owl!
Come on Mech.. Break the Cleveland Curse.

effzee

The offense, on paper, isn't awful as presently constituted. Howie has already upgraded both guard spots. Tobin can go back to being a backup tackle. They lack an outside WR, but Ertz and JMatt are solid. Hoping another year will let Algholor do something this year.

The big issue is Peters' health, which is why I think they will take a tackle at 8 unless some top 5 guy falls for some reason. If Bosa is there at 8, is that worth passing on Conklin or Stanley?

I really do think the QB stuff is more smoke more likely than not. It's in their interests for people to jump ahead of them to take a QB, letting defenders and OLs fall

Besides we keep hearing Pederson loves Wentz. Who cares?

Howie runs the show. Pederson can like whoever he wants he has no say.

Top Bottom