• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

RBH

The league made the point of saying the games will be free and that viewers do not have to be registered Twitter users. The rights package also includes in-game highlights of the Thursday games and pregame Periscope broadcasts from players and teams.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...tal-streaming-rights-nfl-thursday-night-games

Also:

The league offered the package to a host of companies, including Facebook, Amazon and Verizon, which is in the last year of a sponsorship deal with the NFL that pays the league $250 million a year.

squicken

Mike Evans has dragged many a QB to competency. He'll keep helping Jameis along, don't worry DM

e: Missed the news that Howie sign Wisniewski. At the minimum, they don't have any spots that absolutely demand a high pick right now. But I still think they grab a tackle if they don't draft a QB at 8.

squicken

Gruden's QB Camp

A top agent says there are three can’t-miss events for the draft’s best QBs: the combine, pro days and Jon Gruden’s QB Camp. The MMQB goes behind the scenes as the ex-coach-turned-analyst puts Carson Wentz through the made-for-TV ringer both in the classroom and on the field

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So can we all agree that the league desperately needs this crop of QBs to do well? Someone needs to fill the hole left by Peyton Manning. All these young quarterbacks who are good but not great still worries me about the future of the position...especially with defenses becoming awesome again.

Hindl

So can we all agree that the league desperately needs this crop of QBs to do well? Someone needs to fill the hole left by Peyton Manning. All these young quarterbacks who are good but not great still worries me about the future of the position...especially with defenses becoming awesome again.

Yeah, although I was thinking maybe we'll see the return of run-heavy teams? With QBs coming out of college less prepared every year, and defenses becoming increasingly pass rush heavy, along with Nickel essentially becoming the new base D, we could see the return of run-heavy teams to take advantage of this. The 2014 Cowboys essentially rode to the playoffs on this. Romo did great that year, but the focal point of that team was a strong running game that took pressure of him and had the added benefit of keeping their defense off the field. So I agree, the new crop of QBs needs to step up. But if they don't there might be no choice but to return to the run.

Although given all the rule changes and benefits given to QBs/WRs lately, this could all just be wishful thinking on my part.

MRSA

Banned
Mike Evans has dragged many a QB to competency. He'll keep helping Jameis along, don't worry DM

e: Missed the news that Howie sign Wisniewski. At the minimum, they don't have any spots that absolutely demand a high pick right now. But I still think they grab a tackle if they don't draft a QB at 8.

You know Wiz is a better guard than center. His best year was his rookie year playing RG.

The QBs that are elite now (or were in Mannings case) didn't get there until the late 20s/early 30s, just have to give some of these guys to mature.

Duxxy3

Last years group looks to be pretty solid.

What really buries these young QB's is coaching changes. Even if they look promising in those first or second years, if they lose their QB coach or offensive coordinator it could all turn to shit real quick.

Striker

Seems Oakland is a favorite to sign Reggie Nelson.

Jerry Reese going to rely on three dudes who were on IR last year and have zero career starts to boot. Yay.

bionic77

Finally realized Jameis is not a hero.
Are you sure?

Let's see if he meets the qualifications of being a hero. It has been awhile so apologies if I am off on a word or two.

He's got to be strong. Check.
And he's got to be fast. Kind of check. I will give it to him.
And he's got to be fresh from the crabs. Double and triple check.

Yup he is a hero. Confirmed by science. No worries DM.

Hindl

Are you sure?

Let's see if he meets the qualifications of being a hero. It has been awhile so apologies if I am off on a word or two.

And he's got to be quick to the crabs. Double and triple check.

Is this a Bonnie Tyler reference?

squicken

The problem is not QBs. It's offensive linemen. It's nearly impossible to find 5 guys that can do that job and stay healthy for 16 games, and the spread has hurt them even more than QBs

Fantomex

I've been bored and looking at Carson Wentz tape. This dude has all the makings of Hoyer 2.0

Jared Goff might be even worse. 1st read on the majority of his passes, simple 5 yard outs, and hardly any progressions. They should both be second rounders, but this is the NFL.

MRSA

Banned
Seems Oakland is a favorite to sign Reggie Nelson.

Jerry Reese going to rely on three dudes who were on IR last year and have zero career starts to boot. Yay.

Supposed to sign today, I wouldn't mind Whitner as our in the box hard hitting safety. But they're both old as dust.

Are you sure?

And he's got to be fresh from the crabs. Double and triple check.

Ben is a hero too?

Jameis is the hero I need and deserve.

Do you though? Do you really deserve him?

This thread just went from zero to awesome in 4 posts!

We still got it!

Most of these kids would have no idea what that clip is from though.
*slowly raises hand*

What the hell is that ROB robot?

bionic77

Ben is a hero too?

Do you though? Do you really deserve him?

*slowly raises hand*

What the hell is that ROB robot?
No Ben is not a hero. He might be a rapist and he is certainly a winner and champion but he is no hero. You can ask friend BG for further information on Ben's character as he is now a Steelers fan and should know all about it.

You on the other hand are ignorant slut and therefore you most likely reek of urine. A word of advice. You can often disguise your ignorance of everything by keeping your mouth shut instead of asking insulting questions like what is that "rob" robot. The smell is going to be a strong clue that you are an ignorant slut but by posting in this thread or talking you will remove all doubt.

squicken

A post-season game finally goes my way

CfSiKYMWsAAlJqf.jpg

No Ben is not a hero. He might be a rapist and he is certainly a winner and champion but he is no hero. You can ask friend BG for further information on Ben's character as he is now a Steelers fan and should know all about it.

You on the other hand are ignorant slut and therefore you most likely reek of urine. A word of advice. You can often disguise your ignorance of everything by keeping your mouth shut instead of asking insulting questions like what is that "rob" robot. The smell is going to be a strong clue that you are an ignorant slut but by posting in this thread or talking you will remove all doubt.

Do you feel good about corrupting BG.. He is the best of Browns-GAF. Do you think that's a victory.

Also.. Why don't you enlighten me Bionic. Consider it your pro-bono work?

A post-season game finally goes my way

CfSiKYMWsAAlJqf.jpg
Did that make your day?

effzee

LZ did a radio interview yesterday in Philly and said Pederson really likes Wentz, and the Eagles will be making a big play there. Unlike most years, where it's just noise, he thinks there is a 50/50 shot someone moves up to 1 or 2 to get the top QB

I just don't see it. Take a QB at 8? Sure but even that seems unlikely now. Had they let Bradford walk and only signed Chase then a QB would be a given.

This crop of QBs isn't great and only propped up cause teams always need QBs. And the Eagles are going to move up one more time again from 8 to possibly 1?

Using what resources? They don't have a 2nd round pick to work with and already traded Maxwell and Alonso. Unless some crazy trade involving Bradford is in the works. But again with who and why?

They have so much money tied up with the new deals for Bradford and Daniels. I just don't see how they take a QB and basically wait till the 3rd round for a player who would contribute this season.

I mean I wouldn't be shocked but it doubt it.

I think they take the best non qb player left at 8. And I'm leaning towards them taking Jack, Hargreaves, or best T on the board. They wait till round 3 or 4 for their QB to develop.

There is no sure thing QB in this class to trade up for. Last year was the year to do that.

MechDX

I've been bored and looking at Carson Wentz tape. This dude has all the makings of Hoyer 2.0

Jared Goff might be even worse. 1st read on the majority of his passes, simple 5 yard outs, and hardly any progressions. They should both be second rounders, but this is the NFL.

I love Wentz but he is two years away from starting minimum. Never been impressed with Goff.

Kind of underscores why the Texans didn't waste picks to trade up for a QB.

bionic77

Do you feel good about corrupting BG.. He is the best of Browns-GAF. Do you think that's a victory.

Also.. Why don't you enlighten me Bionic. Consider it your pro-bono work?

Did that make your day?
Lawyers don't educate we litigate you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Get your ass to school, pay attention and clean yo ass!

I just don't see it. Take a QB at 8? Sure but even that seems unlikely now. Had they let Bradford walk and only signed Chase then a QB would be a given.

This crop of QBs isn't great and only propped up cause teams always need QBs. And the Eagles are going to move up one more time again from 8 to possibly 1?

Using what resources? They don't have a 2nd round pick to work with and already traded Maxwell and Alonso. Unless some crazy trade involving Bradford is in the works. But again with who and why?

They have so much money tied up with the new deals for Bradford and Daniels. I just don't see how they take a QB and basically wait till the 3rd round for a player who would contribute this season.

I mean I wouldn't be shocked but it doubt it.

I think they take the best non qb player left at 8. And I'm leaning towards them taking Jack, Hargreaves, or best T on the board. They wait till round 3 or 4 for their QB to develop.

There is no sure thing QB in this class to trade up for. Last year was the year to do that.

The BGN Radio draft show they did the other day they went on and on about how the Eagles are going to take Jones in the 3rd as their developmental QB. I am so worried that that is what will happen.

Top Bottom