• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

bionic77

tumblr_noa00amyD31u5gaxgo1_500.gif
That was a surprisingly good movie.

Me and the kids loved it.

Sunday or Monday I think.
I look forward to it!

Ninja you were missed.

I have been voting democrat for about 20 years now and honestly I still can't believe that the party is fucking putting Hillary out there for President. It is such a horrible choice. And she has the baggage of 20 years of being in Washington and a name that a lot of Americans are sick of hearing about.

I actually think a moderate sane Republican would be good for this country but the Republicans fucking give us Satan and Donald Trump. And if not the sane and moderate Republican at least a Southern and Christian as fuck Democrat who could appeal to both sides.

Really a depressing election. The process is becoming more and more divided which in my opinion is bad for the country as a whole. Even though I register as a Democrat I am still an American first. This country would be better off with more moderate politics that play to the middle instead of the garbage we get these days.

I also agree with you 100% that America is not ready for Bernie. We have to take baby steps toward what he is suggesting. People are not ready for nor do they want a full on revolution. That is what a lot of Teabaggers and Bernie supporters think they want but I don't think they would be happy with such rapid change once they got it.

10/10 - I completely agree. Way too far left or way too far right. Hilary is the only one that can be considered moderate and I agree whole-heartedly that she is carrying so much baggage that it makes me want to gag to vote for her.

But these are the shitty choices we're being given.

It's time for a 3rd party that sits right in the middle of these fuckbags and gives us reasonable politics instead of constant extremes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have been voting democrat for about 20 years now and honestly I still can't believe that the party is fucking putting Hillary out there for President. It is such a horrible choice. And she has the baggage of 20 years of being in Washington and a name that a lot of Americans are sick of hearing about.

I actually think a moderate sane Republican would be good for this country but the Republicans fucking give us Satan and Donald Trump. And if not the sane and moderate Republican at least a Southern and Christian as fuck Democrat who could appeal to both sides.

Really a depressing election. The process is becoming more and more divided which in my opinion is bad for the country as a whole. Even though I register as a Democrat I am still an American first. This country would be better off with more moderate politics that play to the middle instead of the garbage we get these days.

I also agree with you 100% that America is not ready for Bernie. We have to take baby steps toward what he is suggesting. People are not ready for nor do they want a full on revolution. That is what a lot of Teabaggers and Bernie supporters think they want but I don't think they would be happy with such rapid change once they got it.

Old school Rockefeller republicans are fine but they're all but dead or otherwise assimilated into the Democratic party. The country will probably end up shifting left and you'll see Republicans become more liberal and the Democrats will kick out the centrists (aka liberal republicans). That would pretty much reset us politically to the pre-Reagan years. The sooner the Republicans realize that their current platform is demographically un-electable the better...it's still shocking that they abandoned Hispanics like they did after Bush left office. I also think that things like the Libertarian party will probably start to appeal to more people if the Republicans don't more adequately cater to their voter base (not that the Libertarian party will actually grow in size but that some of its ideals will have to be integrated). There are lots of disenfranchised people who are centrist or center right that lack anyone to vote for.

Bernie (and Hilary to some extent) represents the much more liberal democratic party that would theoretically exist if republicans shifted back to the left to where they used to be.

You're also one of the very few people on this forum who believes that two parties are a good thing based on the OT.

Man I want nothing to do with a Hillary presidency. She has all the negatives that come with being a Clinton, but none of the positives. I really wish if the Dems were so determined to ram a woman in that they picked a better one.

Striker

^ I can on my laptop.

On BBI there is a thread about Leonard Floyd on-going. He's so intriguing but I still am not sure if he's a great choice at #10. Yeah he can rush on 3rd down, but he seems like he only knows how to run passed guys rather than learn some proper finesse moves. He's not physical at all so I don't see him being a SLB or MLB. At best he's a WLB in the Giants scheme and one player they can employ on dime and nickel packages. I mean, he's 6'5", 245 lbs and runs that fast. But at the same time is as weak as Tammy's deep throws.

Showing some range covering the slot: https://giant.gfycat.com/ScaryHeavyFoxterrier.gif

bionic77

Old school Rockefeller republicans are fine but they're all but dead or otherwise assimilated into the Democratic party. The country will probably end up shifting left and you'll see Republicans become more liberal and the Democrats will kick out the centrists (aka liberal republicans). That would pretty much reset us politically to the pre-Reagan years. The sooner the Republicans realize that their current platform is demographically un-electable the better...it's still shocking that they abandoned Hispanics like they did after Bush left office. I also think that things like the Libertarian party will probably start to appeal to more people if the Republicans don't more adequately cater to their voter base (not that the Libertarian party will actually grow in size but that some of its ideals will have to be integrated). There are lots of disenfranchised people who are centrist or center right that lack anyone to vote for.

Bernie (and Hilary to some extent) represents the much more liberal democratic party that would theoretically exist if republicans shifted back to the left to where they used to be.

You're also one of the very few people on this forum who believes that two parties are a good thing based on the OT.
Most people on this forum are really on the left and like a lot of Republicans they just want to win. Its not like we get a fucking prize when our candidate wins office. For the most part most of our lives did not change very much between Bush and Obama.

The reason I and a lot of people vote Democrat is because we are socially liberal or progressive. I also agree that it was idiotic for the Republicans to just give up on the Hispanics and focus on the South and old white men. Mathematically you just can't win the presidency with that anymore. When the Republicans do shift and lose the Southern vote I wonder who the hell they are going to vote for going forward.

Honestly I would prefer two strong candidates instead of a corrupt old politician and insane people. That is just a shitty choice for everyone. It doesn't seem you can win on moderate positions anymore. I think you can win the general but you can't win the primaries without really going far left or right. I think back how much better things were before 9/11. That shit really fucked up our country. I can't wait until we stopped being afraid and go back to being sensible.

Man I want nothing to do with a Hillary presidency. She has all the negatives that come with being a Clinton, but none of the positives. I really wish if the Dems were so determined to ram a woman in that they picked a better one.
This is true of most people.

I would love to see a woman president too, but her?

Ugh...

MechDX

What are you posting from? Are you on mobile? If on mobile are you using the Twitter app?

Edit: the first reply to that tweet lol "my wife just left me"

Mobile. I can do it at home on the PC fine and yes I'm using the official app. Always have.

Usually just press and hold to copy the body but it does nothing in the past couple days. I've forced stop the app and restarted and rebooted my phone.

squicken

I'm really curious what happens to Eric Striker from OU. He is really small for a 3-4 OLB. He played the Von Miller role at OU, but is smaller and doesn't have Von's length. He can rush the passer and is a dynamic athlete. Seems like one of those guys that a good DC can get production out of, or would wash out of the league if he gets drafted by Cleveland

TheFatOne

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/718091022299844608

I don't want the Texans to play the opener in Denver. Pats or Panthers make more sense IMO.

lol Pats aren't playing Denver in the opener. They are going to save that game for later in the season.
Can't believe I am saying this but I agree with the old dinosaur aka Gata'd father. This election is so go damn depressing to follow.

This is true for every election though. I follow it to try and stay informed, but it's always depressing.

Mobile. I can do it at home on the PC fine and yes I'm using the official app. Always have.

Usually just press and hold to copy the body but it does nothing in the past couple days. I've forced stop the app and restarted and rebooted my phone.
For what it's worth I'm on iPhone and I've never really been able to copy a tweet from the official app. If i wanted to copy something I'd have to be on Twitter via web browser.

squicken

Sam Hinke seems like a bit of a loon, but I always did agree with what he was doing. Keep drafting until you find the cornerstone player. They just didn't ever have the right luck with the draft. DePodesta's comments on this really stand out to me

“When I was going to the Browns,” DePodesta said, “I had met with the ownership, Jimmy and Dee Haslam, and they asked me, ‘What do you want out of an owner?’ And I said, ‘Well, I’ll tell you what I don’t want.’ I said, ‘If you ever take your kids to an amusement park at Disneyland or whatever, they beg you to go on the big daddy roller coaster. They beg you. You say, ‘Are you sure?’ They say, ‘Absolutely, I want to go on this thing.’ So you wait in line for 45 minutes, it takes up a good chunk of your day, you finally get to the front of the line, they eyeball it, and they say, ‘Uh, I’m not getting on that thing. Not at all.’ And that’s what happens to a lot of owners. They would say, ‘Hey, we want ‘Moneyball,’ we want this disciplined approach to what we’re doing.’ But then when it comes time to making that hard decision, they say, ‘I don’t want any part of this.’ I said, ‘I need someone who’s going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it’s not always going to be fun. There are going to be parts of the roller coaster that are going to be scary, that are going to be uncomfortable, but hopefully at the end of the ride when we get off, you’re going to want to say, let’s do that again.’ But I think that’s how we always got through it, was having that shared vision from the beginning and giving you the conviction to actually go through with it.”

And brining in the Colangelos is corrupt as fuck. Such a shady league

Line_HTX

For what it's worth I'm on iPhone and I've never really been able to copy a tweet from the official app. If i wanted to copy something I'd have to be on Twitter via web browser.

I'm not used to it yet, but copying stuff on mobile takes too long.

Yes, I am impatient.

Syrinx

Sam Hinke seems like a bit of a loon, but I always did agree with what he was doing. Keep drafting until you find the cornerstone player. They just didn't ever have the right luck with the draft. DePodesta's comments on this really stand out to me

I'm not a real conspiracy guy, but I wonder if the league deliberately made it so that the Sixers got fucked over in the draft. The last thing they needed was other teams seeing the "tank your team into the shitter for half a decade and watch a contender rise out of the toilet bowl" strategy work.

Still, I van't bring myself to get behind any plan that inherently depends on lottery balls falling your way, probably multiple times.

Yeah the Colangelos stuff is awful. The worst part is Hinkes plan seems to be working. 6ers could have 4 1sts this year and 2 top 5 picks. If the league would let them win the lottery they could be a contender next year.

Godslay

Banned
Well now, looks like Gary says that they're only focused on the draft and NOT Squidward.

That's not what he said.

To clarify, they are focusing on the draft. That doesn't mean that the back and forth for Kaep is done though.

I'd be fine with the Texans opening up in Denver. Given the way the Texans are hyped up so far, they'd probably win.

I'm not saying he's an idiot.

Anyway, enough about Tabris. I went and read a few of his posts. I came away with some basic understanding of what he's arguing but more annoyed that he couldn't give his own posts a simple edit before hitting the "submit reply" button.

But I'm an English major, so I get annoyed by this stuff pretty easily.

Teacher Bread is helping me improve my English, do the same pls.

Line_HTX

That's not what he said.

To clarify, they are focusing on the draft. That doesn't mean that the back and forth for Kaep is done though.

I'd be fine with the Texans opening up in Denver. Given the way the Texans are hyped up so far, they'd probably win.

My bad. I thought they'd already declared the pursuit dead in the water.

I thought neogaf was blocked at work!! You guys almost lost me!!! :S

The https is broke for some reason.

bionic77

I thought neogaf was blocked at work!! You guys almost lost me!!! :S
Don't you have a phone?

I only browse on my phone or on my personal laptop (via mifi).

They monitor all of our internet at work. Nothing is blocked or limited for the attorneys but it doesn't create a good impression to see this place on your browsing history.

Honestly it is cool browsing on the phone. But posting on your phone kind of sucks. At least for me it does because my posts are usually long.

Godslay

Banned
My bad. I thought they'd already declared the pursuit dead in the water.

We are going to draft a QB no matter what.

The only question is, where does he fit into the bigger picture and when do we get him?

Do we roll with Sanchez/Siemian/Rookie? Or do we carry 4 QBs in the form of Kaep/Sanchez/Siemian/Rookie? Does one of those guys below Kaep get the ax (aside from the rookie)?

Who knows? Elway could also pull something out of left field like he did with Talib, and bring in someone like Fitz or Tyrod.

My first choice out of all this would be Tyrod, Kaep, Sanchez/Siemian, then a rookie. Tyrod and Kaep can supercharge this offense. Either way I'm actually pretty excited to see it all come together.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Don't you have a phone?

I only browse on my phone or on my personal laptop (via mifi).

They monitor all of our internet at work. Nothing is blocked or limited for the attorneys but it doesn't create a good impression to see this place on your browsing history.

Honestly it is cool browsing on the phone. But posting on your phone kind of sucks. At least for me it does because my posts are usually long.

Yeah but I do like 90% of my posting from work, if it got blocked here I'd rarely post anymore. I'm really good friends with the only two people in our IT dept so I'm not worried about getting caught posting. I do browse on my phone a lot though.

bionic77

Yeah the Colangelos stuff is awful. The worst part is Hinkes plan seems to be working. 6ers could have 4 1sts this year and 2 top 5 picks. If the league would let them win the lottery they could be a contender next year.
Disagree.

The Sixers plan is currently to keep stinking and hope that they draft the next Lebron or Shaq.

The problem with their strategy to tank is they are going to lose some of these young players who are not being taught the correct things and their development is going to be stunted. So even if their miracle comes through and they get the next Cedric Ceballos, the surrounding pieces and the culture is going to be toxic and make it hard for them to win it all.

If you are going to tank you have to do it selectively and still try to find a way to coach up the young kids. If you don't get to them early they are going to develop bad habits that will dog them their entire career.

I pretty much exclusively post on mobile. Didn't even know Gaf had polls until I saw it mentioned once haha.

Only time I don't use the mobile site is to switch avatars, and even that I can do on my phone.

Hindl

Yeah, mobile still has a couple limitations. Not being able to view and vote on polls is one of the bigger ones, though we don't have a lot of polls anyway.

Can you view poll result pages on mobile GAF?

i.e. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=647

One other thing I wished I could do on mobile is hit the gaf logo next to a thread to go to my next unseen post, unless there's a way to do that that I don't know. Having to go to the last page and work back kinda sucks

bionic77

Yeah but I do like 90% of my posting from work, if it got blocked here I'd rarely post anymore. I'm really good friends with the only two people in our IT dept so I'm not worried about getting caught posting. I do browse on my phone a lot though.
What is your company's policy on taking and posting pervy butt pics?

cdyhybrid

One other thing I wished I could do on mobile is hit the gaf logo next to a thread to go to my next unseen post, unless there's a way to do that that I don't know. Having to go to the last page and work back kinda sucks
You can set that in your account preferences.

Line_HTX

AtTheBuzzer ‏@TheBuzzerOnFOX 19h19 hours ago

Why is Gronk on a police motorcycle?

@KristenBalboni investigates.

Miami Beach Police with the tough guy look.

Boob men?

See:

Fuck that. I'd take a flat chick with a nice ass over someone with Ds but nothing to grab down there every time

The Legion of Thighs don't look kindly on your kind and your ways.

Thighs are nice too, I'm not excluding anyone here.

Ignorant people and possibly other women (including but not limited to the "models").

Hey I get consent for any pictures I take, I can't speak for the rest of the internet.

Top Bottom