• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Striker

https://milehighsports.com/report-peyton-manning-asked-john-madden-job-advice/

image.php
Anyone is better than Simms.

Furyous

lemme get this straight:

The Rams moved into a heavily tax payer subsidized stadium and charge to watch cheerleader auditions. Their owner is a billionaire yet they're maximizing ROI early as shit. One day they get hip to VR and charge per five minutes or some BS in order to watch cheerleader auditions.

Danny Kanell apparently wants to join BrownsGAF thanks to his love for RG3. I appreciate his dedication to tearing RG3 down for every statement made in the press.

The Miami Dolphins are just a few days away from the official start of their offseason workout program starting, with players returning to the team facilities (on a voluntary basis) Monday for strength and conditioning work. The program will eventually move into on-field individual drills and, finally, organized team activities and minicamps. That does not mean, however, that the Dolphins players have not already been at work getting ready for the 2016 season.

"During my recent conversations with Tannehill," former Dolphins beat writer and current NFL Media reporter Jeff Darlington said Thursday morning on NFL Network, "he made it clear he is spending this offseason not just getting on the same page as his receivers, but also trying to do as much preliminary homework on [new head coach Adam] Gase's system. For the past six weeks, Tannehill has met with his receivers twice a week, throwing with them here in South Florida. He's also gone back and looked at a lot of Gase's offensive tape from both Denver and a little bit from Chicago last year. What he is doing there is looking at the concepts and the routes that [Gase] has been running in those two places...and then he has gone out with his receivers and tried to implement those routes.

"To this point, Tannehill really isn't allowed, because of NFL rules, to meet with Gase or the coaching staff," Darlington continued, "but he can go back and look at that film, get a firm understanding of those routes and those concepts that I was talking about and then try to implement them on the practice field."

You can see the whole segment from Darlington on NFL Network with the embedded Tweet below.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/718125629309325312?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Nice to see Tannehill take that initiative, so much for "everyone on the team hates him"

RBH

Princess Mononoke was always spouted as the best thing ever when I was in high school. We didn't really have pillow fuckers back then and anime people were into other shit like comic books and Kevin Smith movies. I would have rated as a Japanophile with my DBZ shirts and that's as bad as it got.

2595163-7369566770-25927.gif

bionic77

That's not Big Trouble in Little China
If they ever try to remake this movie we all have to agree to riot in Hollywood and burn it all down.

Somethings cannot be tolerated.

Speaking of movies, if you watch V for Vendetta the chancellor of England reminds me a lot of the Donald! America prevails!

Mindlog

Still blows my mind that the Republicans are headed for a contested convention in THE CLEAV.
The fuckery is institutionalized there. It's mind boggling.

Home Ice! Football who?

Fantomex

lemme get this straight:

The Rams moved into a heavily tax payer subsidized stadium and charge to watch cheerleader auditions. Their owner is a billionaire yet they're maximizing ROI early as shit. One day they get hip to VR and charge per five minutes or some BS in order to watch cheerleader auditions.

Danny Kanell apparently wants to join BrownsGAF thanks to his love for RG3. I appreciate his dedication to tearing RG3 down for every statement made in the press.

Listen friend, all of us here at Ramsnation will not be tolerating any tomfoolery or badmouthing. We are waiting until week 8.

bionic77

Still blows my mind that the Republicans are headed for a contested convention in THE CLEAV.
The fuckery is institutionalized there. It's mind boggling.

Home Ice! Football who?
It is going to be even crazier when the Republicans reach some backdoor deal for someone other thn Trump and Trump retaliates by telling his insane base to burn Cleveland down.

Little do they know that Cleveland is fireproof! They tried to burn it down before and that shit just won't burn! e

It is going to be even crazier when the Republicans reach some backdoor deal for someone other thn Trump and Trump retaliates by telling his insane base to burn Cleveland down.

Little do they know that Cleveland is fireproof! They tried to burn it down before and that shit just won't burn! e

Dude, the water even burns here!

Generate

Banned
Princess Mononoke was always spouted as the best thing ever when I was in high school. We didn't really have pillow fuckers back then and anime people were into other shit like comic books and Kevin Smith movies. I would have rated as a Japanophile with my DBZ shirts and that's as bad as it got.

Edit: this concert "started" at 9pm and nobody is even on stage yet....

Edit edit: hope this crowd increases in size because it isn't exactly Ultra music fest in here

Princess Mononoke is an excellent film even outside of its anime style. No shame in loving that movie.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
lol. Care about Game of Thrones in 2016, bruvs. Show is so 2014. Want to regal us about your love of rotary phones and VHS tapes next, you old bastards?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Been up since 6am, hate not being able to sleep!

Found a gif you wanted to use and then you went back digging for something to use it with? Or are you just that far behind!

If they ever try to remake this movie we all have to agree to riot in Hollywood and burn it all down.

Speaking of movies, if you watch V for Vendetta the chancellor of England reminds me a lot of the Donald! America prevails!

Has there ever been a movie as manly as Big Trouble in Little China?

Maybe the Scorpion King?

Princess Mononoke is an excellent film even outside of its anime style. No shame in loving that movie.

Between that, Akira, and Ninja Scroll, that's about as animu as people got back then. Proliferation of the Internet changed everything.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Between that, Akira, and Ninja Scroll, that's about as animu as people got back then.

Depended where you lived. Areas with heavier Asian populations often had shops with more stuff available to rent in the early to mid 90s...the stuff you mentioned along with other Ghibli stuff, Ranma, Tenchi, Lodoss War, and Macross/Robotech were the big ones. Sci-Fi Channel also would air a handful of series at the time as well, like Tank Police, before the Toonami block started up on CN. Anime back then was just seen as foreign animation at the time by most in the general public who saw any of it.

But yeah, digital fan subs and stuff being distributed on IRC and FTP changed everything in 2000.

I thought we were friends Floyd :/
We are. I just want to help keep you grounded.

Caddyshack is the pinnacle of film.
No lied detected

Its been awhile since I have seen it.

Was there one or two throwaway nudity scenes? And how were dem titties? I really can't remember.
They were ok.

I thought they were remaking Big Trouble in Little China with the Rock?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Gregory, please check your electronic private messages, for I hath delivered unto you a query of utmost importance.

In foosball news, the Broncos tried to snatch Tyrod and Rex told Elway to eat a foot.

Sanjuro

Between that, Akira, and Ninja Scroll, that's about as animu as people got back then. Proliferation of the Internet changed everything.

Pretty much. Those were the only two anime titles ever.

I remember some Jin Roh garbage and nobody cared.

Striker

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini)
4/8/16, 9:03 AM
Filed to ESPN: Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson is retiring today after 10 seasons, per sources. Only 32. Completely healthy. A stunner. #nyj

Who's the top LT remaining, Will Beatty? Maybe a move up for Stanley is in the talks.

Fox318

Who's the top LT remaining, Will Beatty? Maybe a move up for Stanley is in the talks.
Holy fucking shit.

Dude was still in his latter years of his prime.

And he had a ton of money on the table.

Honestly with that the jets should consider tanking or getting Bryce out there early.

Beach

Guy has only missed 1 snap in his entire NFLL career and gets out of the league with no major injuries and a huge contract.

Could be worse

Jets are in a really bad situation now tho

Hindl

The problem with all these remakes is that they don't have the campy shit and bad 80s special effects that made those movies so fun. But I guess they'll all get remade eventually. I think my holy grail is the Princess Bride, fuck them if they ever remake that

Normally i'd "It's Tom Penny" this post but many agreed upon classics don't hold up to a rewatch.

Different strokes but I watched it for the first time like 2 years ago and thought it was great. I like campy stuff a lot though

Top Bottom