• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

MechDX

I need to watch the first two Captain America movies.

Last time I attempted to watch the second one I fell asleep! Probably because I had just watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Xmen: DOFP right before that.

Just rewatched Winter Soldier the other night on Epix. Movie was just so damn good. To see Cap just whoopin ass makes me squeeeeee!

Can we go watch Civil War together? It releases on my Bday after all and then we can go watch Xmen a few weeks later.

You'll fall asleep for the first one but the second one was awesome.

Go see Civil War together: a step forward

Dissing on Captain America: TFA: two steps back

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Universally the pro comparison scouts used for Jared Goff to me when asked, was Sam Bradford.

Take that how you will.

Jeff Risdon ‏@JeffRisdon 2m2 minutes ago
@AllbrightNFL so, a reactive thrower with poor arm strength on deeper out routes and a fragile body/ego?

Get em Pepiope!

Just rewatched Winter Soldier the other night on Epix. Movie was just so damn good. To see Cap just whoopin ass makes me squeeeeee!

Go see Civil War together: a step forward

Dissing on Captain America: TFA: two steps back

Friend pls, it's ok to admit the first one wasn't very good. I love the Xmen movies but I can admit the first one wasn't too great (and fuck X3/Origins)

bionic got trolled by Penny

Amateur hour
Ninja needs to whip him back into shape. He's slipping a bit without him here. He's gonna go out like DM if he keeps this up.

Guys I can't watch Rumble in the Bronx. :,( The pinball machines.
Is that one of the better Jackie Chan movies or am I crazy?

Friend pls, it's ok to admit the first one wasn't very good. I love the Xmen movies but I can admit the first one wasn't too great (and fuck X3/Origins)
I saw the first three movies and I saw Days of Future Past and was confused when I saw
Patrick Stewart
the hell happened in between?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I need to have another "amazon movie rental" day where I just get caught up on popular movies.

Still haven't even seen Jurassic World.

I saw the first three movies and I saw Days of Future Past and was confused when I saw
Patrick Stewart
the hell happened in between?

Did you miss First Class? Also DoFP is a sequel/prequel/reboot so it can get a little confusing I guess.

The Winter Soldier is infinitely better than the first one.

yup, whole other level.

Winter Soldier is better but i dont think the first one is as bad as people say. I enjoyed it.

It's not a bad movie...just mostly boring? By the numbers? Eh?

I need to have another "amazon movie rental" day where I just get caught up on popular movies.

Another eh movie, reminds me of Star wars TFA...rehash of the first.

squicken

Bradford/Goff seems like an okay comparison as far as build and injury worries go. The other stuff is lol.

I don't see Dallas trading up. Jerry's QB succession plan is Manziel getting it together

Hindl

I still haven't seen the second Avengers. I think I've seen all the other Marvel movies, so I guess I should watch that before Civil War.

Also oddly I've seen Matt Ryan as the unanimous comparison for Goff until recently

CfhcCBcUUAEZqzv.jpg:large

That's my well-cultured and financially diverse HC :)

effzee

Wentz wouldn't start until 2017 at the earliest, so it's not like it's completely wasted money if they want to at least try to field an entertaining product.

Yeah but this assumes Wentz is so high on their radar he qualifies as one of a kind can't miss QB who they have to have even if it means trading up.

All the hype around him seems to be after the actual season and primarily fueled by the fact this isn't a strong QB group and some of these guys are propelled just cause someone has to go high and early.

Like if this was Luck or Mariota ok I get it. But all this for Wentz? Especially if the idea is to make him sit and learn, they could wait till the 3rd round to find a guy to develop.

MechDX

Bradford/Goff seems like an okay comparison as far as build and injury worries go. The other stuff is lol.

I don't see Dallas trading up. Jerry's QB succession plan is Manziel getting it together

I dont get your fascination when QB's you favor are revealed for the crap they are. I was all aboard the Mallet potential idea but when he revealed himself to be a complete douchebag and shitty QB I moved on and took the loss

Bradford and Manziel have both bottomed out but you keep defending them like there is greatness guaranteed in the future

Did you miss First Class? Also DoFP is a sequel/prequel/reboot so it can get a little confusing I guess.
I did. I never saw anything after the third and then saw Days because my brother wanted to watch it. (Even though he never saw first class.)

I liked McCavoy and the movie. It was solid.

Besides.. Deadpool is the best X-men movie.

Chris Evans is a wonderful man I bet he grew up somewhere very nice where only the finest people live
Probably not since he burnt down everything with the evil inside of him. Probably comes standard in some Pats fans and punched Vic Mackey in his ugly face and made Jessica Alba angry.

He is awesome as Captain America.

I still haven't seen the second Avengers. I think I've seen all the other Marvel movies, so I guess I should watch that before Civil War.

Also oddly I've seen Matt Ryan as the unanimous comparison for Goff until recently

I wasn't a big fan of Age of Ultron. Hope Civil War is much, much better

Why had I not heard of Carson Wentz until this winter? I don't think it's ever a good sign when guys sky rocket to bonafide #1 outta nowhere. Maybe I just don't follow CFB close enough, but I don't think I'm alone.

Seems like Brandon Weeden is the best comparison to me

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why had I not heard of Carson Wentz until this winter? I don't think it's ever a good sign when guys sky rocket to bonafide #1 outta nowhere. Maybe I just don't follow CFB close enough, but I don't think I'm alone.

Because he played in Division II.

squicken

I dont get your fascination when QB's you favor are revealed for the crap they are. I was all aboard the Mallet potential idea but when he revealed himself to be a complete douchebag and shitty QB I moved on and took the loss

Bradford and Manziel have both bottomed out but you keep defending them like there is greatness guaranteed in the future

I didn't say Manziel will be good. I said that is Jerry's succession plan. They can't pay a QB $10m to sit behind Romo for two years. As far as Johnny, he's more likely to be dead in 5 years than in the NFL

Bradford was a FA and will make $18m this year. Seems like that isn't too bad

Respect

Supply < Demand

Yeah you have. 23 years ago when it was called Jurassic Park.

I just don't get everyone's fascination with the X-Men movies. They have great potential but I can't stand how de powered everyone is and their battles are always inconsequential to the world at large (though that may just be a side effect of being disconnected from the rest of the Marvel universe..)

Fox needs to agree to the same deal Sony did with Spider-Man already. I want the X-Men, FF and Doctor Doom in the MCU dammit..

Yeah you have. 23 years ago when it was called Jurassic Park.

I just don't get everyone's fascination with the X-Men movies. They have great potential but I can't stand how de powered everyone is and their battles are always inconsequential to the world at large (though that may just be a side effect of being disconnected from the rest of the Marvel universe..)

Fox needs to agree to the same deal Sony did with Spider-Man already. I want the X-Men, FF and Doctor Doom in the MCU dammit..
This is the one thing I really would want. A badass Dr. Doom.

I'm okay with X-Men being their own thing because it always felt like they weren't part of the regular Marvel Universe to me. Oh Spider-Man is a hero and FF were beloved, but then the X-Men dealing with hatred from humans and it's a real juxtaposition.

FF.. We don't need another movie. We have the Incredibles. Send FF and everything part of that package (Kang the Conquerer bitches!!) back to Marvel please.

I wonder when Goodell is gonna finally take to the time to announce he won't reinstate Gordon&#129300;
I will be so pissed.

Bread

Banned
I want all of the superheros in one big movie then they can all sacrifice themselves to save the universe and we can move on from comic book movies

As someone who casually enjoys superhero movies, I thought the Mandarin troll was hilarious. I could see how that could piss off real fans though. I liked Iron Man 3 too, although I don't think it had a great ending.

I loved the Iron Man 3 troll.

The rest of the movie though....ehhhhhh

As someone who casually enjoys superhero movies, I thought the Mandarin troll was hilarious. I could see how that could piss off real fans though. I liked Iron Man 3 too, although I don't think it had a great ending.

Casual enjoyment are the key words. Tried and true story arcs with nice flow of visuals. Golden age of popcorn flicks

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mark Kaboly &#8207;@MarkKaboly_Trib 15m15 minutes ago Pittsburgh, PA

16 of 18 Steelers predraft visitors have been from the defensive side of the ball. other two were OL

Adam Shefter joined the trade-up talk in an interview with 97.5 The Fanatic’s Anthony Gargano this morning, speculating that Fletcher Cox could be piece in the trade, but that he wouldn’t hold too much value.

I think we’ve talked about the Philadelphia Eagles throughout the course of the off-season being aggressive, and they have been. And I have sensed and expected all along that they be aggressive in this draft in trying to move up to position themselves to get one of these quarterbacks.
Fletcher Cox just as a player is worth a lot. But his contractual situation must be factored in to any deal they may or may not be making. Because of that, I think it mitigates it to a certain extent. He’s still an elite player, but that probably impacts his situation to a certain extent.

Schefter is the reporter most plugged in with the Eagles. Interesting that he is saying that they are willing to include Cox in a deal to move up when so many people said that a big part of firing Chip was so that Chip couldnt trade away Cox in the offseason. The BGN guys were saying last week that there are rumors going around that Cox wants QB like money like Von supposedly does.

Top Bottom