• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Will Beatty to the Jets confirmed

Wait the Pats signed Kuhn?? lol wat

Not the whiteback as I first thought when I read it :( We haven't had a good white running back since Danny Woodcock.

Cisa0g1.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ferguson being gone is a big deal. I feel like we're going to see a bunch of players retiring earlier and earlier. Except QBs, because they can't get hit.

effzee

Ferguson being gone is a big deal. I feel like we're going to see a bunch of players retiring earlier and earlier. Except QBs, because they can't get hit.

Good for him and others retiring early in their 30s. Rather players not risk their heads if their hearts into it. Got their money.

Plus league values youth over everything so this opens doors for younger guys to take their spots.

Holy fucking shit.

Dude was still in his latter years of his prime.

And he had a ton of money on the table.

Honestly with that the jets should consider tanking or getting Bryce out there early.

Trade Jet's 1st round pick to the Eagles for HOP LT Jason Peters.

Who says no?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good for him and others retiring early in their 30s. Rather players not risk their heads if their hearts into it. Got their money.

Plus league values youth over everything so this opens doors for younger guys to take their spots.

Yeah, I ain't going to lie, I'd JaMarcus the league so hard it wouldn't even be funny.

MechDX

Field YatesVerified account
‏@FieldYates
Since the Jets drafted OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, they have run 10,708 regular season offensive snaps. Ferguson played on 10,707 of them.

Impressive

The problem with all these remakes is that they don't have the campy shit and bad 80s special effects that made those movies so fun. But I guess they'll all get remade eventually. I think my holy grail is the Princess Bride, fuck them if they ever remake that

Different strokes but I watched it for the first time like 2 years ago and thought it was great. I like campy stuff a lot though

+1 on The Princess Bride. That's my Holy Grail as well. Perfect movie.

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-cowboys-eagles-49ers-jets-inquired-no-1-overall-pick/

Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that four teams have inquired about trading up to No. 1 overall with the Titans. According to Pauline, the four teams consist of the Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, and Jets.

The Eagles have done extensive work on quarterback prospects and are reportedly “trying to find a way to get” North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz, according to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.

“I know (coach) Doug Pederson loves him,” Zierlein said in a radio interview, via NJ.com. “I know that from people behind the scenes, in the know. That’s who he wants and that’s who he likes. It’s just going to be tough.”

Why are the Eagles so into Wentz after giving out all that money to Bradford and the other dude?

Narag

You are meh as fuck.

I still watch it all the time and it is just as good as when it came out.

It only got better for me over the years as I finally caught the satirical undertones of the white guy lead being the least competent member of the cast.

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m1 minute ago
QB Nate Sudfeld (Indiana) had his 2nd private workout for the #AZCardinals recently. Projected to go off the board in rounds 3-5

Seems like they like him quite a bit since you are only allowed 30 total private meetings with draftees

Hindl

Ramsey is the only one I see them trying for like that.

Is Wentz the bonafide #1 QB? Seems like Goff and Lynch have been rising up lately. Goff to the Eagles in several mocks.

I think general consensus is Goff is more "pro-ready", while Wentz has a higher ceiling. Criticisms against Goff include small hands and a small frame, while Wentz has all of the measurables for a pro QB. So basically between the two, I think more teams are starting to bet on Wentz because of that. Obviously there's a lot more to it than just that, but Goff's size and hands seem to be causing him to drop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You are meh as fuck.

I still watch it all the time and it is just as good as when it came out.

This.

It's literally my favorite movie besides the LOTR trilogy.

It only got better for me over the years as I finally caught the satirical undertones of the white guy lead being the least competent member of the cast.

The whole plot is basically happening with or without Jack Burton, it's crazy when I realized that. He doesn't really contribute anything until the end!

Wang is the hero, Jack is just a guy

Hindl

This.

It's literally my favorite movie besides the LOTR trilogy.

The whole plot is basically happening with or without Jack Burton, it's crazy when I realized that. He doesn't really contribute anything until the end!

Wang is the hero, Jack is just a guy

Agreed on both counts. That's probably one of my favorite movie deaths at the end, because it's so anti-climatic and is just suddenly over so simply. And I liked how they tied it back to that bottle scene

In Trejo's defense. Most of the ST movies are pretty bad.

Hrm.

This is also true, I haven't seen them all yet but from what I have only Wrath of Khan and Voyage home were good from the older ones, I still need to watch the first movie, generations and first contact. Undiscovered Country and Search for Spoke were ok, Insurrection, Final Frontier and Nemesis were terrible.

Everytime I take a step forward in our relationship you take us back two.

It's like an intricate dance

MechDX

Marvel letting social reviews of Civil War go out tonight. Must be pretty damn confident in the product.

Hype rising.....

MechDX

have you read any of the comics?

I have the collected edition start of the story arc. Quit being a hardcore reader of comics in the early 2000's. All these Marvel movies are just awesome to me! First comic I read was Iron Man and I was always a fan of The Marvels when all my friends were either hardcore fans of the X Men or DC comics.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I need to watch the first two Captain America movies.

Last time I attempted to watch the second one I fell asleep! Probably because I had just watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Xmen: DOFP right before that.

I have the collected edition start of the story arc. Quit being a hardcore reader of comics in the early 2000's. All these Marvel movies are just awesome to me! First comic I read was Iron Man and I was always a fan of The Marvels when all my friends were either hardcore fans of the X Men or DC comics.

Can we go watch Civil War together? It releases on my Bday after all and then we can go watch Xmen a few weeks later.

Last time I attempted to watch the second one I fell asleep! Probably because I had just watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Xmen: DOFP right before that.

You'll fall asleep for the first one but the second one was awesome.

effzee

Post Avengers I haven't kept up at all. First Cap put me to sleep cause it wasn't good and I was attempting to watch at 2am.

Need to catch up to all these movies one day.

Same source of the various rumors over and over. I know Lance is plugged in and I wouldn't be shocked if it happens, but I just don't see it happening for the reasons you mentioned.

Wentz wouldn't start until 2017 at the earliest, so it's not like it's completely wasted money if they want to at least try to field an entertaining product.

Hindl

1st one was standard Marvel movie fare. Pretty good, kinda forgettable. Second one was great though, it was less of a superhero movie and more of an old school spy movie

Top Bottom