• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fox318

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
So with sadness in my heart
(I) feel the best thing I could do
is end it all
and leave forever
what's done is done it feels so bad
what once was happy now is sad
I'll never love again
my world is ending
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Today is my birthday, one step closer to being an old.

ovrwx.gif

Happy Birthday!

Hindl

Schefter is the reporter most plugged in with the Eagles. Interesting that he is saying that they are willing to include Cox in a deal to move up when so many people said that a big part of firing Chip was so that Chip couldnt trade away Cox in the offseason. The BGN guys were saying last week that there are rumors going around that Cox wants QB like money like Von supposedly does.

I've generally been wait and see with every move we've made recently, but trading Cox would be the end for me. I don't know if I'd be able to watch this team. Players like Cox are going to get that much money. He's the cornerstone of our defense and has earned that money. If we don't pay him now, we'll just need to pay someone else down the line. That would be fucked if true

Happy birthday!

Bread

Banned
I'll never understand the people who want comic movies to go away. No one's forcing you to watch them.
all of the money that goes towards making dozens of $200 million budget behemoths could be put towards more interesting ideas. there are like 8 years of cookie cutter movies on the way too.

happy birthday, drinks are on chris!

all of the money that goes towards making dozens of $200 million budget behemoths could be put towards more interesting ideas. there are like 8 years of cookie cutter movies on the way too.

Yeah with all the money that Disney would save on Marvel movies they could make more live action adaptations like Jungle Book.

Trading Cox would be the absolute dumbest move of all time. You don't find top tier talent like that easily. You don't get rid of top tier talent to take a chance on a draft.

cdyhybrid

Blockbusters and their typically solid ROI allow publishers and studios to take chances on new ideas, though. Whether they want to or not is up to them, but that's not a problem specific to comic book movies.

Hindl

Blockbusters and their typically solid ROI allow publishers and studios to take chances on new ideas, though. Whether they want to or not is up to them, but that's not a problem specific to comic book movies.

Exactly, it's like shitting on Ubisoft for pumping out Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, and the like, without realizing that's what allows them to make shit like Grow Home, Rayman, Child of Light, and Valiant Hearts

Bread

Banned
new ideas like...ant man and guardians of the galaxy!

i'm just so bored with the formula. there's no tension in these films, the good guys are never in danger. there is too much money invested to do anything crazy.

cdyhybrid

i'm just so bored with the formula. there's no tension in these films, the good guys are never in danger. there is too much money invested to do anything crazy.
I don't know what you're expecting. Marvel is a comic book company, that's all they're going to make. Hell, they made Big Hero 6, which is pretty different from their MCU stuff. Disney in general just put out Star Wars and now has The Jungle Book coming up.

That's fine if you think the movies have no tension, but they're superhero movies. The good guys always win in the end.

gutshot

I just don't like how almost all genre films nowadays are comic book based. What happened to coming up with original ideas? Or using IP other than comic books?

Thankfully, we have new Star Wars to look forward to again.

Bread

Banned
I don't know what you're expecting. Marvel is a comic book company, that's all they're going to make. Hell, they made Big Hero 6, which is pretty different from their MCU stuff. Disney in general just put out Star Wars and now has The Jungle Book coming up.

That's fine if you think the movies have no tension, but they're superhero movies. The good guys always win in the end.
I'm not expecting Marvel to make other movies, not sure where you got that from.

Marvel superhero films (I'd say superhero films in general but I enjoyed some of the X-Men, Spiderman, and Batman movies in the past) just seem to be so shallow and bring nothing new to the table.

Line_HTX

I just don't like how almost all genre films nowadays are comic book based. What happened to coming up with original ideas? Or using IP other than comic books?

Thankfully, we have new Star Wars to look forward to again.

While I do enjoy watching the Marvel films, I admit I really loved watching stuff like Grand Budapest Hotel and Hail Caesar. They're a breath of fresh air.

gata wants more transformer movies

And he wants the stupid, obnoxious dubstep grenade Michael Bay explosions with SHIT gnarly eSports sound effects. He's part of the crowd that's the problem.

MechDX

I'm not expecting Marvel to make other movies, not sure where you got that from.

Marvel superhero films (I'd say superhero films in general but I enjoyed some of the X-Men, Spiderman, and Batman movies in the past) just seem to be so shallow and bring nothing new to the table.

Never would have taken you for a "it's ruining film" guy.

cdyhybrid

Well yeah, blockbuster action films generally don't. Haven't for decades.

If comic book movies disappeared they'd just be replaced by similarly shallow action movies featuring generic characters instead.

It's like complaining about new Halo or COD games because you don't like shooters.

MechDX

It's not ruining film, it just seems like time to move on. The genre is being run into the ground in record time.

Avengers AoU just did 1.5 billion last year. My money is Civil War does that as well.

/shrugs shoulders

Still love ya Bread. #NoBlock. Going to block Boban though because he is European

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It will be interesting to see what Marvel does after they've finished the Infinity Stones story line. Most of the actors will have their deals run out around that time, as well. Hopefully, they'll go on a long hiatus for a lot of the characters. I won't be naive and say they will stop making movies.

cdyhybrid

It will be interesting to see what Marvel does after they've finished the Infinity Stones story line. Most of the actors will have their deals run out around that time, as well. Hopefully, they'll go on a long hiatus for a lot of the characters. I won't be naive and say they will stop making movies.
They'll just start pushing different characters/storylines.

Depends on what characters Marvel/Disney get back from Fox for the X-Men Tv Series that Fox wants to make. There will be a horse trade at some point I'm sure.

Pretty much..

Hindl

Well they have a while to figure that out, since apparently this whole Infinity Stone thing isn't ending until 2019

Are they really calling it "Phases" and this is Phase 2 or some shit?

Well AoU was the end of Phase 2, so I guess now we're in Phase 3. Each Phase ends with an Avengers movie

Probably do reboots.

MechDX

Phase 4 is already being laid out by Marvel Studios. Discussion about it in the Civil War thread.

My guess is the characters being unveiled recently and soon to be unveiled as the core group. Ant Man, Wasp, Strange, Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, Captain Marvel, Spider Man etc....While Cap, Iron Man and Thor basically retire for a while

And if they get Fantastic 4 back....

As long as there are manbabies willing to throw money at any ol bullshit, they aren't going to stop making comic book movies.

It's just way too easy to make a billion by throwing some cats in costumes and computer generating some aliens to leave that on the table.

Top Bottom