• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A lot of mock drafts are having Emmanuel Ogbah (DE Oklahoma State) going to the Lions.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/04/detroit_lions_2016_nfl_draft_p_7.html

Perfect size and speed for a 4-3 defensive end opposite of Ziggy Ansah. Some articles are already comparing him to Ansah.

I'm hoping more and more the Lions draft the BPA on defense. Skip the offensive line till the 2nd, 3rd rounds and get an impact defensive player day 1.

That means possibly skipping on LaQuon Treadwell. I think we have more than enough offensive weapons but I'll never forget passing up Randy Moss at #20 in the 1998 draft only to have him go to the Vikings at #21.

Not saying he's Randy Moss but he is widely viewed as the #1 WR prospect in this draft.

33368OZ.gif

:')

Godslay

Banned
I ditched the PS3 and the 360.

Sold them. No looking back. Thinking about getting out of the Wii U and Xbone, and getting a beefy PC again with a Vive.

Hindl

Can't remember if this was posted before, clip from last Fall quickly showing an example of using VR for virtual pre-snap QB drills:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSJVU7PK660

Weren't the Cowboys doing something similar for Romo last year?

Edit: Yup. Turns out it's the exact same software, StriVR:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/tony-romo-playing-guinea-pig-qb-virtual-reality/

Great idea. Would really help with all of these QBs coming out of college that barely know how to read a defense. This should let them train up in something that feels real without risk of injury. Also proving how useful and important VR will be even if we completely ignore games

Bitanator

Weren't the Cowboys doing something similar for Romo last year?

Edit: Yup. Turns out it's the exact same software, StriVR:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/tony-romo-playing-guinea-pig-qb-virtual-reality/

Great idea. Would really help with all of these QBs coming out of college that barely know how to read a defense. This should let them train up in something that feels real without risk of injury. Also proving how useful and important VR will be even if we completely ignore games

Too bad it could not help Romo from getting smashed by Jordan Hicks

Hindl

Too bad it could not help Romo from getting smashed by Jordan Hicks

I know you and the other Cowboys fans were worried but don't worry, Hicks is recovering from his injury just fine and should be ready for Romo in 2016!

Obviously to beat him, wouldn't wish an injury on anyone

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They sit there on my shelf....judging me

I'm 99% sure you will never ever play them.

I haven't even gotten around to finishing FFX/FFX2 HD, starting Kingdom Hearts 2.5, or any of the plethora of RPGs on Steam or Vita that are just...sitting there.

Factor in some emulation stuff and it's just like fuck, who has time for all that? I totally understand why Godslay would start selling shit off to get away from it.

I'm 99% sure you will never ever play them.

I haven't even gotten around to finishing FFX/FFX2 HD, starting Kingdom Hearts 2.5, or any of the plethora of RPGs on Steam or Vita that are just...sitting there.

Factor in some emulation stuff and it's just like fuck, who has time for all that? I totally understand why Godslay would start selling shit off to get away from it.

Yeah I know I'm not...I mean I restarted playing Uncharted even though I've beaten them several times lol maybe I should start selling some of them.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah I know I'm not...I mean I restarted playing Uncharted even though I've beaten them several times lol maybe I should start selling some of them.

If it makes you feel better, I sometimes miss the days where you could literally keep up with everything and play everything....back in like the PS1/N64 era. I tried like hell to keep up in the PS2 era but Japan released so many damn niche RPGs and between three systems and PC and handhelds....it was too much! World of Warcraft was like "fuck other games" for a long time too.

If it makes you feel better, I sometimes miss the days where you could literally keep up with everything and play everything....back in like the PS1/N64 era. I tried like hell to keep up in the PS2 era but Japan released so many damn niche RPGs and between three systems and PC and handhelds....it was too much! World of Warcraft was like "fuck other games" for a long time too.

yeah that's pretty much when I lost it too, spent so many hours on WoW....funny story about that...I never managed to max level my character on WoW lol.

Top Bottom