• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Slo

Everyone knows PC is for spreadsheets and accounting software, what kind of fool tries to play a game on one?

I'm still waiting for my PC code :(

Wasn't sure about it at first but the game is starting to get seriously good now.

DyquJid.gif

Um...that's what videogames look like these days? Holy shit. Is that a high end PC?

Know why Heineken uses green bottles?

They let in more sunlight than brown bottles, slightly skunking the beer. That skunkiness is actually Heinekens secret ingredient.

Green glass is also way more difficult to recycle, and therefore most of those green bottles end up in landfill.

Slo

Know why Heineken uses green bottles?

They let in more sunlight than brown bottles, slightly skunking the beer. That skunkiness is actually Heinekens secret ingredient.

Green glass is also way more difficult to recycle, and therefore most of those green bottles end up in landfill.

Skunkiness by Design - Heineken
From our brewery to your landfill. - Heineken
Slightly less sour than sauerkraut - Heineken
German's don't know any better. - Heineken

Beach

The only bad part about the new Star Wars movie is that everything outside of the main charecters kind of sucks.

The starkiller, the Han Solo back story about being in debt (with the horrible monster scene on the ship), the resistance in general.

Still a top tier Star Wars movie, though I don't know if that tells you more about the quality of this movie or the series.

It's a movie series where only 57% of the movies are actually good.

Yep. The game is starting to throw loads of enemies at me now and it makes for plenty of holy shit moments. It's not a long game, but I'm beginning to really love it.

Um...that's what videogames look like these days? Holy shit. Is that a high end PC?

Been spending time on gaming side (I know, I know) so I'm sure if this is heavy sarcasm or not but I'll take it at face value. That's the Xbone version, PC version is unfortunately fucked and apparently runs like shit unless you've got a ridiculously overpowered rig.

MechDX

Are we seriously going to fall for early impressions for every single movie that comes out now?

The Batman one was literally like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

How gullible are you people?

The Civil War early impressions are from movie reviewers early impressions from BvS were from fans.

Don't give a Shit either way. I'm a Marvel fanatic so I will see it and love it. The same way DC fans should have felt about BvS

Grexeno

Are we seriously going to fall for early impressions for every single movie that comes out now?

The Batman one was literally like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

How gullible are you people?
Well in this case Marvel and the Russo Bros. have an actual track record of quality.

bionic77

I remember those impressions being bad. Must have missed the good ones.
I seem to recall a lot of positive ones too but maybe I am wrong. I think the RY showed the true shit quality of be movie but the early impressions were mostly positive. Could be wrong. I called Batman being Garbo from the first trailer. Which is rare...

I am more confident that Age of Ultron had similar good vibes about it going in.

I am sure it will be another well done Marvel movie and if you are Mech you will love it. But enough with the BS early impressions.

If it was a GAFer I trusted I would actually put some stock in it.

MechDX

Doesn't really matter Bionic. We are all Disney's bitch. Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar....they get all our money and make us beg to give them more

bionic77

Doesn't really matter Bionic. We are all Disney's bitch. Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar....they get all our money and make us beg to give them more
I don't dispute this.

I just think it's crazy to keep falling for early impressions.

I don't even remember if SW had any. I went in dark mode after the last trailer (which probably did not make me cry).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bird-Brained Idea Could Help Revolutionize Concussion Prevention

The concept is actually a rather simple one: a collar that one wears around the neck, which compresses the jugular, reducing blood flow from the brain, and thus adding more volume inside the cranium—and less space in which the brain can slosh around.

The idea was inspired by the common woodpecker, a bird that beats its head, according to the report, in excess of 80 million times over its lifespan without suffering the repercussions of brain trauma. The woodpecker’s tongue system is a bit more complicated than ours, wrapping itself around the bird’s skull, which produces the same effect that the collar proposes to replicate.

That collar is the invention of Dr. Julian Bailes, among the leading researchers in the field of neurological trauma research. He was featured in the recent Concussion movie—and was the Pittsburgh Steelers’ team doctor for a decade, as well as Mike Webster’s personal doctor after he retired.

The Civil War early impressions are from movie reviewers early impressions from BvS were from fans.

Don't give a Shit either way. I'm a Marvel fanatic so I will see it and love it. The same way DC fans should have felt about BvS

So you're team Marvel > DC? I knew you were worthy of Russell's blessing.

#Marvel

So we prevent concussions by choking players?

Seems odd

"Hey guys let's put collars on people and have them fight for our amusement."

Seriously. At what point do we just go full Roman and throw them out on the field with blunted weapons and leather armor to hack each other to bits? If it weren't for animal cruelty interest groups we could toss some hungry lions and gatas in there with them.

Godslay

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if there is a Japanese forum where they post American comic gifs and the like.

Basically like here but in reverse.

Marvel and DC stuff is basically American animu when you think about it.

Godslay

Banned
I don't think you really know what anime is.

Is it not Japanese cartoons/animation in it's essence?

Or is it some other mystery of the universe that I/we haven't been let in on?

They're pretty much the same thing. One is animation based, the other is live action comic books.

Top Bottom