• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Hindl

Now that is a shit beer. Maybe my least favorite.

I am drinking Dogfish Head 60 Minute Ipa and taking over the juke box at my watering hole right now.

Good choice. Dogfish is always my go to beer if I'm at a bar and can't figure out what I want. I still need to visit their brewery, it's supposed to be awesome

Milchjon

Fascinatingly, a lot of the best beers available here come from Scandinavia.

Germany and to some extent Britain are too conservative when it comes to beer, and American beers take too long to get here, if they make it at all.

Swedes and Danish, with a small domestic market that's historically expensive anyway and with a relative lack of brewing tradition are really doing cool stuff. And it actually tastes great!

Had a Protein Shake IPA from Omnipollo a few days ago. A friend is drinking their (slushified) Ice Cream Pale Ale and Raspberry Lassi Gose. So jealous.

Edit: As for Dogfish, Sam Calagione is my favorite beer talker. Could listen to his voice all day.

Grovo you're the worst. But just found out new season of Kimmy Schimdt next week. So we can be friends for a bit
giphy.gif

Hindl

If Jack's knee checks out I'll be screaming for Dallas to grab him if Ramsey is gone. If it does not I'd try to do a trade down with the niners and snag Zeke right in front of you guys. Just not sure Dallas is willing to draft either one

Jack is my dream, it kinda sucks because there's probably 5 elite prospects in this draft and the two QBs, and 8 is right after that. Hopefully Howie can work some magic to move up to at least 5

The best beers in Europe are Italian. Only euros with courage to shake things up. However, the beer style I am most in love with lately is gotlandsdricka, and that is Scandinavian.

Side note: Philly is such a beer town that even my neighborhood dive has seven craft brews on draft and only three macros: guinness, yeungling, and Miller lite.

Godslay

Banned
To be entirely honest, I don't think I've ever drank a shit beer.

Prefer it out of a can over glass. Rather not drink it out of the tap because of horrendous headaches that result.

Light over dark, less hoppy taste the better.

I don't watch baseball but are the Mariners the Browns of baseball? I heard on the radio that they've gone like total 30+ years without reaching the playoffs :v

then again, nothing can be as shitty as the browns.

edit: i don't know what im watching (baseball) but i'm getting the feeling that we're gonna get rekted.

Absolutely.

Pilsners are my favorite.

I'll drink about any beer though. Not a fan of heavily hoppy IPAs, but I won't turn them down.

Have you never had Natural Ice? Milwaukee's Best? Icehouse? Keystone? Hurricane? Nearly any malt liquor for that matter? Iron City? These are all terrible beers.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't watch baseball but are the Mariners the Browns of baseball? I heard on the radio that they've gone like total 30+ years without reaching the playoffs :v

then again, nothing can be as shitty as the browns.

edit: i don't know what im watching (baseball) but i'm getting the feeling that we're gonna get rekted.

Nah, if anyone is the Browns in baseball, it's probably the Cubs. They haven't won the World Series in 100+ years, but they're actually decent now and could contend for one.

bionic77

I still can't believe how good The Force Awakens turned out to be.

There are so many moments that are just flat out fucking awesome and/or full of the best and worst kind of feels.

JJ fucking nailed it like few have ever done before. Everyone on the cast brought it with the lone exception of Carrie Fisher. She stuck out like a old, diseased thumb that was filed with too much botox and cocaine.

The making of was moderately cool too. One thing I hope more filmmakers take from this movie is the value of doing more stuff practically. BB8 needed a shit load of CG to take out the puppeteers who were controlling him, but the added cost of something real cannot be measured when it is done right.

CG was obviously something that was created in Foxboro to help villains cheat. Its use in films should be minimized as much as possible and if possible used to bring out and enhance actual practical effects.

Yep, Star wars knocked it out of the park. I thought the pink guy was CG at some parts but it turned out that he was a full on fat suit with an animatronic head played by Simon pegg.

bionic77

There is a bitch ass pats fan in line at target....bread why didn't you tell me you where already here
Whenever I see one of those bitch ass snitches in public like that I usually just casually say "bitch ass snitch" and without fail no one else turns around except the Pats fan.

They know what they are.

I still can't believe how good The Force Awakens turned out to be.

There are so many moments that are just flat out fucking awesome and/or full of the best and worst kind of feels.

JJ fucking nailed it like few have ever done before. Everyone on the cast brought it with the lone exception of Carrie Fisher. She stuck out like a old, diseased thumb that was filed with too much botox and cocaine.

The making of was moderately cool too. One thing I hope more filmmakers take from this movie is the value of doing more stuff practically. BB8 needed a shit load of CG to take out the puppeteers who were controlling him, but the added cost of something real cannot be measured when it is done right.

CG was obviously something that was created in Foxboro to help villains cheat. Its use in films should be minimized as much as possible and if possible used to bring out and enhance actual practical effects.

not on neogaf tho.

neogaf: O M G WHAT A RIP OFF OF THE FIRST STAR WARS. I MEAN I WAS LITERALLY DISGUSTED BY THE LACK OF ORIGINALITY IN THE MOVIE. I GIVE THIS 0 OUT OF 5 STARS

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

You mean aside from the CG effects that you can't even tell are CG to begin with? ;P

bionic77

not on neogaf tho.

neogaf: O M G WHAT A RIP OFF OF THE FIRST STAR WARS. I MEAN I WAS LITERALLY DISGUSTED BY THE LACK OF ORIGINALITY IN THE MOVIE. I GIVE THIS 0 OUT OF 5 STARS
Thats what happens when you have children desperate for attention who don't have the intellectual capacity to come up with a original thought and just ape each other and some other sites and reviewers on the net.

Just simplify you ignorant twats.

Was the thing you saw/played/listened to: awesome, really awesome, fuck I can't believe what I am seeing, good, decent, I know this is bad but I am not afraid to say that I liked it, or a real shit show?

The bionic review system has never failed.

Truthfully most of us can handle this system. Unless you are an expert and have actually studied the thing you are reviewing (i.e. cinema, games, titties, etc.) then stick to the basics sweetheart and stop pretending that you are more than what we really know you to be. A 30 year old who works at Gamestop at the mall and still lives at home.

XiaNaphryz

Unless you are an expert and have actually studied the thing you are reviewing (i.e. cinema, games, titties, etc.) then stick to the basics sweetheart and stop pretending that you are more than what we really know you to be.

Does that also apply to your stance on the general use of CG in VFX?
Y7OW8Xp.png

XiaNaphryz

Is Warcraft going to be good?

They were just about to ramp up pre-production on that when I left ILM, so I can't give any insight on that one.

I like the director a lot, but that doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

I'm guessing the CG is gonna be a mixed bag on that one...a film of that scope given all the other projects going on at ILM at the same time means they likely outsourced a good portion of shots to other studios and would have to budget scenes accordingly with whoever they did have on staff. The best shots can easily be Davy Jones quality at minimum, whether they were afforded the time/budget to do so (and for how many shots) is the big question.

Top Bottom