• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Fuck that. There's a police statement and shit ton of information out there. How about make an effort to read some before just posting the first stupid thing that comes into your head.

That's still not victim blaming, like your post stated.

Waiting for more information is usually the right thing to do. If the information is out there, and someone doesn't have it yet and you do? Probably better to provide that than to go full reactionary mode and accuse them of victim blaming.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They booked the shooter on murder charges.

That's still not victim blaming, like your post stated.

Waiting for more information is usually the right thing to do. If the information is out there, and someone doesn't have it yet and you do? Probably better to provide that than to go full reactionary mode and accuse them of victim blaming.

'Waiting for information' that's readily available is disingenuous.

This isn't victim blaming to you? "Smith flipped the fuck out and things escalated from there" That's the very definition.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
RIP Will Smith.

Hits close to home had a buddy of mine about a decade ago get gunned down while in his car at a stoplight in New York.

The gunmen thought he was someone else and decided it made sense to run up on the car and just start shooting.

Milchjon

RIP Will Smith.

Hits close to home had a buddy of mine about a decade ago get gunned down while in his car at a stoplight in New York.

The gunmen thought he was someone else and decided it made sense to run up on the car and just start shooting.

Damn.

Did they get caught?

Godslay

Banned

This isn't victim blaming to you? "Smith flipped the fuck out and things escalated from there" That's the very definition.

He said he heard 2 stories, which conflicted with each other.

Then proceeded to say he would wait for more information.

That's not victim blaming, that's not knowing what is the truth and not passing judgment on limited information.

Slo

I said "maybe" he did. I said I didn't know all the facts so I'll wait until I do to make a judgement call. You'd rather I jump to conclusions with incomplete information?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He said he heard 2 stories, which conflicted with each other.

Then proceeded to say he would wait for more information.

That's not victim blaming, that's not knowing what is the truth and not passing judgment on limited information.

No he didn't. He didn't hear any stories. He made them up in his head. Go back and read what he wrote. There are no stories of Will Smith losing his shit and deserving to be killed, other than ones being fabricated by wild imaginations.

If Slo wants to defend himself, he can. I'm done discussing the minutiae of this with you.

I said "maybe" he did. I said I didn't know all the facts so I'll wait until I do to make a judgement call. You'd rather I jump to conclusions with incomplete information?

See above. What facts would you need to see? The shooter's in jail and booked for murder, there are bullet holes in the windshield, Smith's wife was shot twice. All information available at the time you started blaming Will for being the instigator of his own death. I posted the police report at the top of a page, ffs.

I can understand waiting for more information, but the immediate thought of 'maybe he deserved it' is disgusting. No one deserves to die.

You floated out some ridiculous theory, just because. Because what? Because angry people deserve to be killed? Because that's what life has taught you? Because you've seen it before?

I should've called off work.
Maybe you should have.. :(

Today and (for the most part) Wednesday are the only days I don't have HW.

Don't fight, friends.

One of you might pull a gun.

MRSA

RIP Will Smith.

Damn

http://youtu.be/Vc66Hn-JxlY
Yes. Tough love.

Not the love that Cleveland wants. But the love that Browns fans deserve.

But what does Cleveland need?

Y'all need to back back from my boy Slo. He's good people.
I'll wait for more information first :)

Godslay

Banned
No he didn't. He didn't hear any stories. He made them up in his head. Go back and read what he wrote. There are no stories of Will Smith losing his shit and deserving to be killed, other than ones being fabricated by wild imaginations.

If Slo wants to defend himself, he can. I'm done discussing the minutiae of this with you.

How do you know what he heard or read?

You are now projecting.

Slo

I'm right here.

I said that I didn't have a clear picture of events, so I'm not going to pass judgement. That's a perfectly reasonable stance.

Here's the story I read from CNN.com

Former New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith was shot dead Saturday night in an apparent traffic altercation, authorities said.

He was 34.
Smith was picked in the first round of the NFL draft and was on the Super Bowl-winning team in 2010.
Hours before the shooting, he tweeted that he was "having a blast" Saturday night at the French Quarter Fest, an annual event in the famed New Orleans district.

Smith's former team confirmed his death, and expressed its condolences.
"A senseless and tragic loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with Will Smith -- his wife Racquel -- his children William, Wynter and Lisa," said Greg Bensel, the Saints' vice president of communications.
Man in custody
New Orleans police said Smith and his wife were both shot in an apparent traffic altercation late Saturday night near Magazine Street in the city's Lower Garden District.
The pair were in their car when a Hummer hit them from behind, causing their car to rear-end another vehicle in front of them.
Smith and the Hummer driver got into a confrontation, police said. The Hummer driver allegedly shot him multiple times and his wife twice in the leg. She was transported to a local hospital.
The 30-year-old Hummer driver stayed on the scene, and is in custody undergoing questioning, police said in a statement.

I don't see anything in that story other than there as an altercation and a dude is dead. I can't draw any conclusions about who was the aggressor and who may been defending themselves. If you want to criticize me for not having as much information as you did, fine, whatever. But it seems like you're jumping on me for not making same logical leaps that you did, which is bullshit.

I think God disrespected Cleveland more by just mere creation of Cleveland.
Or.. God loved you all enough to create Cleveland so that you all can feel better about yourselves.

That doesn't mean you all make fun of it. You appreciate it by saying thank you Cleveland for making us feel better.

#ClevelandAppreciationDay

i just want nflgaf-house to get here already

dibs on bunking with milch!

On my way

leaving-boston.jpg

Godslay

Banned
JF8 is living with Von Miller. What could possibly go wrong?

Not to be contrarian to you today, but I'm looking at it like what could possibly go right?

DWare by many indications helped Von turn his life around. If it's true that Von is a different more mature Von, then he could probably help Johnny IF... Johnny is ready to change for the better.

If he's not, well then it probably won't matter who he lives with and he'll probably end up driving Von away too.

Top Bottom