• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Saw that FF15 trailer.

I could never imagine something like that being a possibility 20 years ago when we started seeing 3D consoles.

Not sure if the game will be any good but that trailer was really well done.

Also need to watch GoT I guess. The nudity and violence makes it so I can only watch at night and I hated the last 2 books so much it makes me hard to want to get into the series.

Edit: Slay they figured out Snows parents 100 years ago online. V + P = B.

I'm guessing this is a joke, but yes that's how babies are made?

The L + R = J stuff is pretty crazy. Also gives cred to why Ned took him in. He has to come back especially with some of the stuff surrounding the Lady Melisandre.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fucking iTunes just erased every single playlist I had. I want to line up all their software engineers and just backhand the shit out of every single one of 'em.

Saw that FF15 trailer.

I could never imagine something like that being a possibility 20 years ago when we started seeing 3D consoles.

Not sure if the game will be any good but that trailer was really well done.

Also need to watch GoT I guess. The nudity and violence makes it so I can only watch at night and I hated the last 2 books so much it makes me hard
to want to get into the series.

Edit: Slay they figured out Snows parents 100 years ago online. V + P = B.

Now your obsession, sexual lust and hatred for Tom make sense. Hating something turns you on.

I guess thugs in your neighborhood complain about iTunes, eh?

Oh, shit, what the hell?

I have no thugs in my neighborhood I converted them all to the Church of Russell. Drove around the hood passing out miracle water. Hours later you see Bloods and Crips hugging it out. It's not called miracle water for nothing.

#Blessed

bionic77

You want nudity and violence..watch Banshee.
I like both.

But I have young kids. Don't watch that stuff in front of them.

Don't want to turn them into psychos or even worse, Pats fans.

People say good things about Black Sails. Not sure if I should try that first of GOT.

Broncos players need to shut up about signing Johnny Manziel especially Von. I personally would love to sign him if Von Miller takes a massive home discount from Broncos lol

Broncos players need to shut up about signing Johnny Manziel especially Von. I personally would love to sign him if Von Miller takes a massive home discount from Broncos lol

Make Von's contract so if Manziel somehow stays out of trouble for a year he get's a very hefty bonus, if he gets in trouble Von's contract amount gets cut in half each time. See how happy he would have JFF when it's his money on the line.

Milchjon

Still trying to figure out wtf Terrance Knighton meant with his "RIP Will smith. Condolences to his family. God doesn't make mistakes" tweet.

I mean, he obviously doesn't mean what it sounds like.

Edit: Sweet potatoes are so overrated.

cdyhybrid

Still trying to figure out wtf Terrance Knighton meant with his "RIP Will smith. Condolences to his family. God doesn't make mistakes" tweet.

Everything happens for a reason, all part of God's plan, etc.

jbug617

Banned

My guess what he meant that the murder was God's plan for Smith.

Mmmm
juicy-grilled-thick-cut-pork-chops-with-soy-honey-glaze-and-grilled-mashed-potatoes.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Rob Sims: Lions might have gone too young, too fast, on offensive line

DETROIT -- What exactly went wrong with the Detroit Lions' offensive line last season?

It was a combination of factors, but here's another interesting theory: They went too young, too fast, especially considering the complexity of former coordinator Joe Lombardi's scheme.

"Our stuff was more complex than people thought," former Lions guard Rob Sims said, "and it showed."

In 2014, the Lions had a ninth-year veteran at left guard (Sims) and a 14th-year veteran at center (Dominic Raiola), which balanced out the more youthful players at left tackle (Riley Reiff), right guard (Larry Warford) and right tackle (LaAdrian Waddle).

But then-general manager Martin Mayhew opted to cut ties with both Sims and Raiola in 2015. He replaced them with a rookie at left guard (Laken Tomlinson) and a second-year player at center (Travis Swanson).

Those guys combined for one year of prior experience, and none as a full-time starter. Sims and Raiola combined for 23 years of experience, and 20 as full-time starters.

That's a huge loss in experience, and it suddenly left the 26-year-old Reiff as the elder statesman of the unit.

Lombardi was eventually fired after a Week 7 meltdown against Minnesota -- a game that featured several missed assignments up front, which led to unmarked pass rushers pelting quarterback Matthew Stafford. Jim Bob Cooter replaced Lombardi, simplified the scheme up front, and the line improved significantly down the stretch.

The good news, according to Sims, is that the issue isn't talent. He believes the line should improve as they gain more experience, and that includes embattled center Travis Swanson, whom Sims says was thrust into a bad position.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/04/rob_sims_detroit_lions.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Starting to think we can hold off on drafting an OT until the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Our Center, Travis Swanson, was hurt with a major shoulder injury most of the season so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Laken Tomlinson will benefit from a year of NFL offseason training in the weight room and overall experience.

Larry Warford is a Pro Bowler and Riley Reiff is at worst a solid RT. He can still be a starter at LT with some improvement but that remains to be seen.

Geoff Schwartz, who we picked up from the Giants, will add much needed depth and more importantly veteran leadership. Can start at RT or can plug him in at the Guard position.

Draft BPA on defense with the 16th pick, IMO.

MRSA

Banned
My friend's mom owns a breakfast spot that makes mashed potato omlettes.

Just had Naugles. Taco salad in a cup, taste exactly like Del Taco.

Top Bottom