• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Kate Hudson is super hot.

She can't act for shit and peaked in her first movie. But no doubt she is a looker.

Though it is obvious that they are dating each other for the media attention first, the physical attraction is probably secondary.

She's also a Bronco fan.

Hindl

Who is the last qb picked in the top 10 who lived up to the pick?

Was it Luck?

Jury's still out on Winston and Mariota, so probably. But based on their freshman campaign probably those two, especially Winston. Also gotta see if Bortles develops at all.

To be fair though, since 2012 it's Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Bortles, Winston and Mariota

Chris, do you have the latest mock draft participant list?

Here you go, (Added CrocMother to the Cowboys)

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd, BG

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

Dutch will take whatever team is left

MechDX

Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd, BG

lol.gif

Fun read on Wentz up on ESPN. Kinda crazy, I remember talking to slay about him during the NFL season when no one was really talking about him. I posted the few times he was playing on ESPN. The buzz was he could sneak into the first, who thought this would have happened.

Full article at link, it's a cool read.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15158945/does-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz-really-add-20m

IT'S ALMOST 11 P.M., and he's just housed a 14-ounce rib-eye, some waffle-fry nachos and two pretzel bread rolls with cheese sauce. But Carson Wentz is not satisfied. His pro day, an event that feels both overwrought and like the biggest test of his life, is just two days away.

The 23-year-old quarterback is sitting in a corner booth in the back of the Granite City Food and Brewery in Fargo, North Dakota, fiddling with his wispy copper beard. It's both a tic and an obvious tell, a good indicator he's grown tired of sitting still. He's thinking about the future, and the uncertainty is maddening. He's a planner, an obsessive scheduler, and each hour he's awake, he is restless, as if his body and brain are idling in neutral.

"I want to head back to the dome," he tells Ryan Lindley, his friend and quarterbacking mentor, as the check arrives. "Just for like an hour. We can do a longer session in the morning, but I feel like I want to get more time in before I go to bed."

As they prepare to leave, an older couple stop at the table and gush about what a pleasure it was to watch Wentz play at North Dakota State. This happens often in Fargo, proud and provincial gushing. In the rest of the country, Wentz can go unrecognized, just another tall white guy in a Patagonia pullover. But here in North Dakota, he might as well be royalty. "It's hard to be a normal person," Wentz says. "I just keep telling myself, don't make it bigger than it is. I wear hats so at least I can try to blend in."

The encounter, like almost all of them, ends on the same awkward note: Carson, we sure hope you don't end up in Cleveland! Anywhere but Cleveland! He smiles and offers a polite but forced chuckle. "It's out of my control," he says, shrugging. He's become an expert in the art of noncommittal, inoffensive shrugs. He shakes a few more hands, gets up and walks to the parking lot.

In his truck, Wentz has a thin binder full of plays from -- who else? -- the Browns. Cleveland has both the second pick in the 2016 draft and arguably the most miserable quarterback succession in the NFL over the past decade. And despite picking up Robert Griffin III in March, all signs show that the Browns are still on the hunt for another one.

Wentz knows the team is testing him, trying to both rattle and educate. The Browns can't afford another failure. He has memorized every formation, but he's still headed to the Fargodome hungry to diagram plays. (Wentz long ago acquired a key to the stadium to ensure late-night access.) Lindley, a journeyman since being drafted in 2012, will quiz Wentz on the Browns' verbiage, demanding to know where each read should be against different defenses. They'll even do a mock news conference. Some coaches, he warns, like to soak footballs with water and ask you to throw them after your workout, just to see how flustered you'll get. The session won't end until well after midnight.

squicken

Fun read on Wentz up on ESPN. Kinda crazy, I remember talking to slay about him during the NFL season when no one was really talking about him. I posted the few times he was playing on ESPN. The buzz was he could sneak into the first, who thought this would have happened.

Seriously, I hope Cleveland can shake being the butt of all the jokes. From North Dakota to Harvard Yard, the average fan views them as toxic to favored sons' careers. Josh and Johnny are their own worst enemies, but they certainly didn't land in a place that helped them in any way. Let's all hope New England and Seattle become the new Lions and Browns

Godslay

Banned

If you guys draft him, I hope he works out.

He's green, but he's got all the right parts. Just needs to put them all together.

Top Bottom