• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Hindl

r/nfl has the scoop. I'll just link to the thread since posting all the picks would be way too big:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/4eg4md/todd_mcshays_three_round_grade_a_mock_draft/

But just for you:

Houston Texans

Round 1 (22): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

Round 2 (52): Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina

Round 3 (85): Su'a Cravens, S, USC

Analysis: What do you do after giving Brock Osweiler $37 million guaranteed? Easy: Give him as many weapons as possible. He already has WR DeAndre Hopkins and RB Lamar Miller, but Doctson and Adams would give Osweiler ample opportunity to succeed. Doctson is the best WR in this class when the ball is in the air, while Adams flashes big-play ability as a pass-catcher down the seam. Cravens, a physical and aggressive run defender, fits the mold of a hybrid safety who's comfortable lining up near or inside the box.

MechDX

Miami Dolphins

Round 1 (13): Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

Round 2 (42): Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Round 3 (73): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech

Analysis: Mario Williams (31) and Cameron Wake (34) are both getting up there in age, so the Dolphins need to find a way to infuse some youth along their D-line in this draft. The more I watch Lawson, the more I love his game. It wasn't a fluke that he led the nation with 25.5 tackles for loss; he plays with a combination of quickness, power, technique and relentlessness that is hard to stifle. Fuller and Dixon would both fill two of the Dolphins' bigger needs entering the draft.

I'm ok with 2 and 3...but 1? No...

Hindl

Yeah his draft is pretty shit in general. Ramsey falling to the 49ers? No fucking way. Has the Eagles taking Zeke, which isn't too surprising.

Round 1 (8): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

Round 3 (77): Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor

Round 3 (79): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

Analysis: No, I don't normally advocate for taking a running back in the first round, but there are exceptions to every rule. Adrian Peterson was one back in 2007, Todd Gurley was another in 2015, and Elliott is yet another this year. He's an instinctive runner, a tough blocker and a natural pass-catcher. A Day 1 starter, Elliott would take pressure off QB Sam Bradford from the get-go. Both Howard and Coleman would help the Eagles add depth at cornerback and tackle, respectively.

Eh...If we're not getting Hargreaves or Ramsey, no need to get a CB that early. We have like 7 CBs on the roster That would be better spent on a WR, LB, or QB

MechDX

Josh Doctson is legit. I watched him A lot in college, will be solid NFL WR. Guy was born to catch the corner endzone jump ball

I agree but for Houston who already have Nuk and Strong at WR it is a redundant pick. Need that burner at WR #3 to stretch the field

squicken

The Eagles really need a pass rusher, but I never see it listed as a team need by the draftniks. The game vs WAS, Cousins just stood there completely unbothered, and picked them apart. The guy they really need is Jack

e: welp

Cf2tBPFUAAAThgA.jpg

Hindl

The Eagles really need a pass rusher, but I never see it listed as a team need by the draftniks. The game vs WAS, Cousins just stood there completely unbothered, and picked them apart. The guy they really need is Jack

e: welp

Cf2tBPFUAAAThgA.jpg

Jack would fill so many holes. Our LB depth is complete shit, and all the starters are injury prone. But as for pass-rushing, I blame a lot of that on scheme. I want to see what Curry and Graham can do as starting pass rushers. But if Jack is there at 5, I want to see what Howie can do to trade up and take him

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That's why the Bucs trotted Winston out before the media on the first day of offseason workouts Monday.

The first thing you will notice is that the guy has spent some time in the gym. Remember the unflattering picture of the boiler above his belt prior to the NFL scouting combine last year? Winston isn't going to be on any muscle magazine covers, but he is perceptively leaner. Koetter said this spring he would look out his office window at 7:30 in the morning to spy Winston alone on the practice field, running sprints, a parachute strapped to his waist for resistance.

Winston said he was struck by the physical conditioning maintained by fellow Pro Bowl players such as Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Falcons receiver Julio Jones. So when he returned from Hawaii, he hired Tim Grover, Michael Jordan's former trainer, and has worked out with him once a month along with regular sessions with Bucs strength coach Dave Kennedy.

"I do believe I get better every single day and I look good," Winston said.

Everybody aboard the fit qb train!
Excepting Fatford, of course.

squicken

Well Leicester City is about to win the Premier League and the Astros look one of th great young, up and coming teams in the MLB, so....yes?

@squicken

The Panthers-LCFC romance is legit legit. It started sometime in November. Why? No good idea.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/leicester-citys-christian-fuchs-kasper-schmeichel-wes-morgan-and-picture-id506254040[/ig]

[img]http://images.sport1.de/imagix/filter2/jpeg/_set=article_main,sharpness=1.3,focus=47x46/imagix/6e750a37-bc43-11e5-a4f7-f80f41fc63ce[/ig]

[img]http://www.panthers.com/assets/images/imported/CAR/photos/2016/01-January/160115_prowl_inside.jpg[/im\g][/QUOTE]

Interesting. The Panthers' social media guys are pretty active, so maybe that was the genesis?

Draxal

Updated the mock draft participants list in the OP. Added my Giants bros since I know they'll be in as usual.:)

To be honest, I have no fucking clue what the Giants will do this year, they have so many holes so they'll go BPA at a premium position, but I really don't know what they'd consider BPA at 10.

Hindl

Never played a Dark Souls. Are the first two required playings before 3? Might impulse buy with some store credit. But doubt I'll stream

Nah there's a bunch of references to the previous games' lore, but you can mostly ignore that. Also, this one's combat feels a lot more like Bloodborne than previous Dark Souls, so you should be ready

To be honest, I have no fucking clue what the Giants will do this year, they have so many holes so they'll go BPA at a premium position, but I really don't know what they'd consider BPA at 10.

Like a month or two ago mocks had them at either DE or like OT and now it's all over the goddamned place.

Ordered Ratchet & Clank. Working through a bit of a backlog too so DS3 can wait honestly.

MechDX

Like a month or two ago mocks had them at either DE or like OT and now it's all over the goddamned place.

We are into that time of year when there really is no news and mock drafts are hitting versions 5 & 6. Need those clicks!

Case in point:
NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 1m1 minute ago
Cowboys Seriously Considering A QB At No. 4 Overall? http://bit.ly/1XtjaKI
#Cowboys #NFL

Quick! Mock 7.0! the Cowboys take Jared Goff!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oculus Rift orders delayed. Wonder if I should hold leave my preorder in the queue or just dump it for a Vive.

Top Bottom