• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

We are into that time of year when there really is no news and mock drafts are hitting versions 5 & 6. Need those clicks!

Case in point:

Quick! Mock 7.0! the Cowboys take Jared Goff!

Yeah. Now I'm seeing Giants will take a WR, LB (the "GIANTS DON'T DRAFT LB IN R1" is exhausting to hear at this point), probably safety. I generally still think they go defense in spite of the FA craziness from the first two days.

Oculus Rift orders delayed. Wonder if I should hold leave my preorder in the queue or just dump it for a Vive.

I'm still a bit skeptical about VR but some of the Vive stuff Giant Bomb was streaming last week looked kinda cool. I didn't catch their OR stuff though. But at the very least I can see myself wanting to check out a Vive when the tech is like in its 2nd or 3rd iteration.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I would say dump it for Vive, everything is pointing towards it being the superior product.

Aside from the room scale stuff, it's pretty even from what I've been reading. Most places are giving the Rift the edge in comfort, unless you wear glasses in which case the Vive seems to have better room to accomodate those.

Too soon to call a winner for either in any case. We'll see how the software pans out in a year. I think the next wave/revision of hardware is gonna be where things will really ramp up, this first gen is still cleraly early adopter/enthusiast territory.

MechDX

Sicario
‏@mccauley318
So a Texans scout text the wrong person thinking it was Dak Prescott 🤔🤔🤔 Welp the cats out the bag

Cf2-nHWUEAAvumg.jpg

Well thats embarrassing....

Hindl

Aside from the room scale stuff, it's pretty even from what I've been reading. Most places are giving the Rift the edge in comfort, unless you wear glasses in which case the Vive seems to have better room to accomodate those.

Too soon to call a winner for either in any case. We'll see how the software pans out in a year.

Also need to wait for Oculus Touch. I think a big part of Vive's edge right now is because they launched with their motion controls, while Oculus has a delay. Once the Touch controllers comes out I think we'll have a better idea of which to get

To be honest, I have no fucking clue what the Giants will do this year, they have so many holes so they'll go BPA at a premium position, but I really don't know what they'd consider BPA at 10.

BPA on defense, IMO. You can't discount WR or OT...but the focus is squarely on the defensive side of the ball. BPA at DT, DE or CB. Depending on how the draft plays out.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You're not going to get a Vive quickly, either, right? Aren't they way behind, too?

I'd get the Vive.

Yeah, I'd be waiting in either case. Reselling the Rift is another option I suppose if I did go the Vive route.

I have plenty of time to make a decision in any case. :p

tmdorsey

The De Niro and Pacino characters were based on real people, so maybe something from that?

But the best part of Heat was the suspense knowing that they were eventually going to go head to head.

If this is a prequel where they don't even know each other what's gonna be the appeal? Two parallel story arches aren't going to do it, IMO.

Hindl

Tutorial boss took me like 3 tries, but that damn crystal lizard at the beginning took a while. I kept being one hit away and getting greedy before dying

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/browns-looking-trade-no-2-pick-possibly-target-qb-round-2/

According to Lance Zierlein of NFL Media, there is “more and more smoke” regarding the Browns and their No. 2 overall pick right now.

Zierlein mentions that the Browns could be willing to trade out of the No. 2 overall pick look to target a quarterback in round two.
Beyond that, Zierlein predicts “something big will happen” inside top five picks.
Dane Brugler of CBS Sports adds that the Browns are looking to accumulate more draft picks, and he wouldn’t be shocked to see Cleveland trade out of the No. 2 spot.

Smoke or fire? Texans trading up to get Dak now?

Tutorial boss took me like 3 tries, but that damn crystal lizard at the beginning took a while. I kept being one hit away and getting greedy before dying

The lizard I took down on my second try. The boss I was good with until he transformed. It took me another try or two cause of that massive swipe he does. 60fps on the PC version is godly though. I would love for Sony to allow a PC version of Bloodborne running the same *banderas*.

Most importantly, just in that short time the game felt more like a proper follow-up to Dark Souls than at any time that I played Dark Souls II. A game I really tried to enjoy but just never clicked with me. It just didn't feel right.

Draxal

BPA on defense, IMO. You can't discount WR or OT...but the focus is squarely on the defensive side of the ball. BPA at DT, DE or CB. Depending on how the draft plays out.

I just don't see them going after a DT especially with the depth being there in the later rounds this year + Snacks. DE or CB will make sense, but I'm not sure who they'll have rated high asides from Ramsey (who will be gone), the tweener from UGA seems like a smokescreen to me.

I don't think they'll go OL yet again, but it wouldn't shock me if they go WR; as I was shocked when they went with WR with Beckham, as we all had Martin or Donald pegged for that spot. And it wouldn't suprise me if they fall in love with Corey Coleman.

Hell, it wouldn't shock me if they fall in love with Zeke either.

I just don't see them going after a DT especially with the depth being there in the later rounds this year + Snacks. DE or CB will make sense, but I'm not sure who they'll have rated high asides from Ramsey (who will be gone), the tweener from UGA seems like a smokescreen to me.

I don't think they'll go OL yet again, but it wouldn't shock me if they go WR; as I was shocked when they went with WR with Beckham, as we all had Martin or Donald pegged for that spot. And it wouldn't suprise me if they fall in love with Corey Coleman.

Hell, it wouldn't shock me if they fall in love with Zeke either.

There's a part of me that would be completely, 100% alright with drafting Zeke at 10. It makes no sense given the needs on this team but I absolutely love him as a prospect and its crazy to think what he could add to this offense.

Vernon Hargreaves at 10 would be an easy pick for the Giants, IMO. We have little to no depth at the CB position and while Jenkins/DRC should make for a good combo - Hargreaves would take over for when DRC moves on. Given the state of his body/inuries - we need to have something in place.

I think where there's smoke there's actual fire in the case of Leonard Floyd, too. There's been too much hub bub for it to be nothing. Though I would still be amazed we took an LB that high.:)

...and yes on the CB front, I thought it was dumb to let Prince go even with the injuries given what he ended up getting paid by Jacksonville.

Hindl

The lizard I took down on my second try. The boss I was good with until he transformed. It took me another try or two cause of that massive swipe he does. 60fps on the PC version is godly though. I would love for Sony to allow a PC version of Bloodborne running the same *banderas*.

Most importantly, just in that short time the game felt more like a proper follow-up to Dark Souls than at any time that I played Dark Souls II. A game I really tried to enjoy but just never clicked with me. It just didn't feel right.

Yeah I wish Bloodborne could be on PC. DS3 is the Bloodborne engine and on PC it just looks and feels ridiculously good. And yeah it just goes back to what I was saying, just playing too recklessly and getting my teeth kicked in. Once I got careful with the boss he was pretty easy.

And yeah same with my feelings on it. I'm just in the first major area but there's so many different paths and shortcuts, it feels like a proper DS sequel. Excited to dig more into it tonight

Crisco

Banned
So I finally setup an Intel NUC as a future proof all-in-one HTPC/PVR/game streaming set top box. The problem is now I realize just how old and shitty my TV is. What's the best deal in 60-70" 4K HDTVs these days?

Draxal

There's a part of me that would be completely, 100% alright with drafting Zeke at 10. It makes no sense given the needs on this team but I absolutely love him as a prospect and its crazy to think what he could add to this offense.

Vernon Hargreaves at 10 would be an easy pick for the Giants, IMO. We have little to no depth at the CB position and while Jenkins/DRC should make for a good combo - Hargreaves would take over for when DRC moves on. Given the state of his body/inuries - we need to have something in place.

I think where there's smoke there's actual fire in the case of Leonard Floyd, too. There's been too much hub bub for it to be nothing. Though I would still be amazed we took an LB that high.:)

...and yes on the CB front, I thought it was dumb to let Prince go even with the injuries given what he ended up getting paid by Jacksonville.

It seemed to me Anukamura really wanted out, which was a pity. I wouldn't mind an OLB, I would want that OLB to be Jack (which isn't happening) instead of Floyd, he just doesn't scream huge filled hole like Jack would. I don't think Hargreaves falls to us, Eagles have just as big of a need there.

I honestly would love the Zeke pick but I have him going to the Cowboys or Eagles and you know it's going to happen.

It seemed to me Anukamura really wanted out, which was a pity. I wouldn't mind an OLB, I would want that OLB to be Jack (which isn't happening) instead of Floyd, he just doesn't scream huge filled hole like Jack would. I don't think Hargreaves falls to us, Eagles have just as big of a need there.

I honestly would love the Zeke pick but I have him going to the Cowboys or Eagles and you know it's going to happen.
I think the Eagles make a play at a QB. It would not shock me as I don't believe that Bradford is the answer for them at the QB position. If they do, I think Hargreaves is a possibility.

Zeke to the Cowboys wouldn't be a shock but do they pass up a pass rusher at 4? Bosa will be sitting there and they have a big need in that regard.

On Floyd, I think they crave his pass rush skills and versatility more than anything else. He's being listed as the #2 pass rusher on a few lists out there. Can he put weight on that frame of his is the question? Jack isn't happening unfortunately but yes, I'd love that.

Top Bottom