• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385

Cf7gtFWUsAA9t2Q.jpg

I always appreciate a good Ted Cruz burn. This one delivered.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I watched some Ezekiel Elliott tape, too. He's got it all. Good in traffic, good vision, good hands. I didn't see him split wide and running routes, so there may be a learning curve if that's what a team wants him to do. Frankly, it's his blocking that's the stand out feature to me. Willing. Good technique. Stunning first strike.

MechDX

I need to know when we play LA/SD so I can start planning my trips damn it!

Can I join you? I will sit with Bread and root on his Chargers.

I watched some Ezekiel Elliott tape, too. He's got it all. Good in traffic, good vision, good hands. I didn't see him split wide and running routes, so there may be a learning curve if that's what a team wants him to do. Frankly, it's his blocking that's the stand out feature to me. Willing. Good technique. Stunning first strike.

Exactly. I compare him to Foster a bit. Those types of running backs dont come often

You know who else was called the best and most complete running back prospect in and long time? And was also compared to Adrian Peterson ? Called Can't miss prospect? SAFEST BET!
Trent Richardson

Hindl

Really? Nice. Liked him in KC

I think it's just a rumored trade that some people think should happen. If it was on the radio an hour ago, I feel like someone would've done a write-up by now if it were true. I can't find a single article talking about it

I think it's just a rumored trade that some people think should happen. If it was on the radio an hour ago, I feel like someone would've done a write-up by now if it were true. I can't find a single article talking about it
Weird that they said it was a dine deal but still nothing online anywhere.

Pepiope

Oh, well that sucks.

Elliott, Davis, Sproles, Barner would be pretty nice going into the season.

Assuming if they get Davis, Matthews is gone.

Hindl

Weird that they said it was a dine deal but still nothing online anywhere.

Oh, well that sucks.

Elliott, Davis, Sproles, Barner would be pretty nice going into the season.

Assuming if they get Davis, Matthews is gone.

Yeah it's possible that it's true, I just figured someone else would've commented on it by now. And that would be a good rotation, with the ability to move on from Sproles next year and have Barner take his place

Better the Eagles draft Zeke than a QB, but I'd rather they address pass rusher/CB/LB/OT.

Yeah I'd like Elliot just because I don't think Mathews and Sproles will be here next year regardless, and having Elliot and Barner would be a nice tandem. But I agree with your needs, although I think we can wait on OT. Jack is still my #1, but Hargreaves or someone like Sheldon Rankins would be great. Rankins might be a bit of a reach but he has the talent and would really shore up the interior behind Cox and Logan. Haven't looked into Bosa much since I'm not sure he'll fall to 8

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Except it could be a huge waste since it's been well documented a RB can be found in any round even undrafted.

Exactly. When is the last RB drafted in the first round that was an actual gamechanger? Adrian Peterson? And how successful have the Vikings been, exactly, even with the best running back in the league? If a good back falls to you in the draft, sure, take him. But moving around to grab one is more than likely going to end up costing you.

Striker

Another potential cowboys bandwagoner? Make room Chris!
image.php

Ayup, you draft a RB early only if he's a gamechanger. Zeke's a gamechanger.
Would you be elated if JR picked him?

I'm so torn on a bunch of guys. I feel like I wouldn't hate it if they selected Treadwell or Hargreaves, or even Stanley/Conklin, but I am against them grabbing Floyd. Feels like he's way too soft at the point of attack. Wide receiver is sort of deep just with no elite talents. DE I see them taking too, somewhere in the first four rounds.

My premier choice is Jack but I'm not confident he'll fall that far.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Exactly. When is the last RB drafted in the first round that was an actual gamechanger? Adrian Peterson? And how successful have the Vikings been, exactly, even with the best running back in the league? If a good back falls to you in the draft, sure, take him. But moving around to grab one is more than likely going to end up costing you.

Same argument can be made for wide receivers unless I'm missing something.

Typically it's quarterback, pass rush, and protect the pass rush - in that order of importance.

Tom Penny

All you have to do is find a team dumb enough to take the bust you drafted off your hands for a 1st rounder!!!

squicken

Gurley is really good. My biggest issue w/RBs is that they rarely play all 16 games. It's just too much grind on their bodies to get through a season. But even in the Eagles case, you can look at Westbrook to see how much a feature RB can help win games

Thought this was funny as we celebrate Kobe's last game. Go Jazz and Kings!

Top Bottom