• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Line_HTX

Pierce is still a drama queen bitch for that stunt.

I'll be happy if the Kings won and just end the fucking season already. Go, Seth Curry.

effzee

Still think its a giant ruse. The 2nd best smokescreen of the off season behind the Texans randomly texting triathletes in Louisiana

Man I hope the Texans don't find out Prescott visited the Eagles.

Lol no way are they taking a rb. Matthews looked great last year even with all the OL problems.

But he is always hurt. And Sproles has def lost 2 steps and can't be a 3 down back.

If I had to rank, Elliot would be below Jack, Hargreaves, or the best DE available but I wouldn't be shocked or upset that they take Elliot.

He will be dynamic enough to win 2-3 games by himself.

Better the Eagles draft Zeke than a QB, but I'd rather they address pass rusher/CB/LB/OT.

As I said yesterday, they have through FA and resigning their own guys, addressed most of their biggest needs to the point that they have solid to above average starters at all spots.

At pick 8, they could take CB, LB, or OT and I'd be fine with any of those picks. They don't have a glaring need they need to have at 8. Zeke fits in that sense as well.

They could always take the best T or CB left in the 3-4 round during which they have 3 picks.

Still I'd want Jack above all, but assuming he is most likely gone by 8, I'd like Hargreaves, best OT, and then Zeke in that order.

Florio said today that the Browns had a trade in place for Gordon before he ever failed a drug test but Haslam killed it.

Banner was right after all.

WW always tries to bring others down while he's enjoying the best the world has to offer (Franconia and Popeyes).

He is a sociopath.

Or a masochist?

Speaking of Trent Truck, I watched some film of Derrick Henry. Similar backs, imo. Will only be effective in a power running game with a good/great offensive line. If he's drafted by the Cowboys, he'll be good. If he's drafted by a zone blocking team, he'll bust. He's a one cut, down hill runner. Limited agility. Lacks the ability to make defenders miss in close quarters. Great speed, power and size. Henry's skill set just isn't utilized much in the NFL today. 15 years ago, he'd be a top 10 pick. Now, he's a second rounder at best.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to think that.

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385

Cf7gtFWUsAA9t2Q.jpg

Speaking of possible sociopaths?

I watched some Ezekiel Elliott tape, too. He's got it all. Good in traffic, good vision, good hands. I didn't see him split wide and running routes, so there may be a learning curve if that's what a team wants him to do. Frankly, it's his blocking that's the stand out feature to me. Willing. Good technique. Stunning first strike.
And by tape, you possibly touched yourself to that Sugar Bowl game against Alabama?

Cause I sometimes think about it and find it arousing.

gutshot

I know everyone wants to say Zeke is a sure thing, but RBs bust just as much as other top picks. And there is a lot of evidence that you can pick up talented RBs in later rounds, where if they bust it's not as huge a deal. I just don't think drafting Elliott at 8 is a good use of your resources. I'm fine going into this season with Mathews, Sproles, and Barner. Maybe take a RB in rounds 4-7, if you want a bit more depth and TC competition.

Don't forget also that next year the RB class looks to be stacked with Fournette, Cook, and Chubb. So if Mathews and Sproles are gone next year, we could grab one of those guys to pair with Lynch or Prescott and have a potentially great QB-RB combo for years to come.

effzee

I know everyone wants to say Zeke is a sure thing, but RBs bust just as much as other top picks. And there is a lot of evidence that you can pick up talented RBs in later rounds, where if they bust it's not as huge a deal. I just don't think drafting Elliott at 8 is a good use of your resources. I'm fine going into this season with Mathews, Sproles, and Barner. Maybe take a RB in rounds 4-7, if you want a bit more depth and TC competition.

Don't forget also that next year the RB class looks to be stacked with Fournette, Cook, and Chubb. So if Mathews and Sproles are gone next year, we could grab one of those guys to pair with Lynch or Prescott and have a potentially great QB-RB combo for years to come.

But by that logic none of these guys or positions are sure picks. Even the first round, where the best go, what is the success and bust rate? I'd say more than 50 % never live to full potential and can be qualified as busts.

The Eagles basically moved up from 13 to 8 because they think there are 10 elite players in this draft. Who are they 10?

Personally I find it hard to believe that any of those 10 are QBs and the Eagles own actions with bringing back Bradford and then signing Chase show they don't believe that either no matter how much reports say they love so and so QB.

So assuming its not QB, you are left with 10 players of which 1 is a RB. You also now have to think, who of these 10 (because someone will take QBs in the top 10, thus letting actual top 10 talent slide out of the top 10) would have been available at 13? I think had the Eagles stayed at 13, they could have still landed the 2nd or 3rd best OT in the draft.

To me their actions say they aren't targeting a QB or OT with the 8th pick. Jason Peters is 34 but they are bringing him and his large salary back. If they were in love with one of the tackles, they would have cut Peters and used some of that money to maybe sign another vet G, take Conklin at 13 or 8 to play RT, and would have slided Lane Johnson to LT.

I think they are set on Myles Jack, Vernon Hargreaves, and 3rd Zeke. And 1 of them should be available at 8, especially if 2 teams take a QB in the top 7 which is very possible between Cleveland, Dallas, SF, and or a surprise team moving up.

With total 9 picks, they can address OT depth, RB, CB, and LB with those later picks.

Brady been flying the squad out to LA for years.

Also, who am I drafting for, friend Chris?

Ewww brady comes to LA?? ugh I feel dirty.

Also any of the teams still open, up to you friend.

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills - WW
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid, Striker, Draxal, BigAT
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears - Minx
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons - RBH
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

Love me some Tom as well. Fuck the haters.

smh SD trip is off, buy your own beer!

I'll do the Jags!

Make Gata proud!!

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills - WW
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars - Dutch
Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid, Striker, Draxal, BigAT
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears - Minx
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons - RBH
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

squicken

Jason La Canfora warning

Why it will be Jared Goff, not Carson Wentz, going to Browns at No. 2

Goff is a California kid who played at Cal -- an area and a program that Jackson knows very well. Hamilton was coaching at Stanford when Goff was being courted by Pac-12 teams and he is very familiar with the kid from the recruiting process. He liked him then and, per his Browns' reports, likes him even more now. Goff is also the preferred choice by many in the analytics community as well. The Browns have spent increasingly more money on the Pro Football Focus resources in the last year, and the PFF crowd prefers Goff. Some of the Browns execs feel precisely the same way, and the fact that Wentz did not face the caliber of competition you would prefer and is a late-bloomer has them concerned.

MRSA

Banned
So I got done with my first LASIK consultation and that shit was uncomfortable as fuck. I knew it was going to expensive as soon as I walked in because all the females working there were all blonde and hot. wienku would've been in heaven. But throughout the whole thing felt like I was a sale rather than a patient. They wanted $5200 for the procedure. I'm going somewhere else.

So I got done with my first LASIK consultation and that shit was uncomfortable as fuck. I knew it was going to expensive as soon as I walked in because all the females working there were all blonde and hot. wienku would've been in heaven. But throughout the whole thing felt like I was a sale rather than a patient. They wanted $5200 for the procedure. I'm going somewhere else.

I thought about doing that but I don't trust that shit and I can't imagine having someone slicing my eye open...ugh fuck that. I'm not that blind and after 15 years of wearing glasses I'm used to it.

What plebs with your imperfect vision.

We should mandate that vision coverage is separate from healthcare so that the perfect vision master race doesn't have to subsidize the lower class.

Also, short and bald men should be barred from all positions of authority.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hmmm...so apparently all the noisy construction happening at the building behind us is for Under Armor's new west coast HQ. Everyone be moving to SF's SOMA district it seems.

MRSA

Banned
I thought about doing that but I don't trust that shit and I can't imagine having someone slicing my eye open...ugh fuck that. I'm not that blind and after 15 years of wearing glasses I'm used to it.

I want the procedure done, but by someone else definitely. This was some new bladeless procedure. I'll pay less to go with the bladed procedure.

bionic77

Kobe:
"I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn't even close. Ask him, he'll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball every day. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of 1-on-1 to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn't play anymore."

Tom Penny

Definetly go cheap on eyesight. You have two eyes if they fuck up one of them.

Slo

I want the procedure done, but by someone else definitely. This was some new bladeless procedure. I'll pay less to go with the bladed procedure.

I know a guy who will do it for $200 per eye. You bring your own pain killers.

Draxal

Exactly. When is the last RB drafted in the first round that was an actual gamechanger? Adrian Peterson? And how successful have the Vikings been, exactly, even with the best running back in the league? If a good back falls to you in the draft, sure, take him. But moving around to grab one is more than likely going to end up costing you.

I would say Gurley's almost there, and I place Zeke near Gurley status. The Eagles technically would have traded up for him to take him at eight, but they really didn't give up that much in that trade in the first place.

image.php

Would you be elated if JR picked him?

I'm so torn on a bunch of guys. I feel like I wouldn't hate it if they selected Treadwell or Hargreaves, or even Stanley/Conklin, but I am against them grabbing Floyd. Feels like he's way too soft at the point of attack. Wide receiver is sort of deep just with no elite talents. DE I see them taking too, somewhere in the first four rounds.

My premier choice is Jack but I'm not confident he'll fall that far.

Jack won't fall, the Giants will have to trade up for him and I would love it if they do. As for Zeke, I wouldn't be happy with it ... but I wasn't happy with Beckham at the time; and I was completely wrong there. The only reason I wouldn't be happy is that I think the offense is potent enough, the D needs alot of help still.

I almost want them to trade down to 17ish or so and pick up a safety. I fear there's going to be a run of them in the late first round/early second round before the Giants pick in the second round, and that's by far the biggest need on the team.

rando14

Patriots have released Dominique Easley.

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran
The Patriots have released oft-injured defensive lineman Dominique Easley. Easley was a 2014 first round pick. Story to come…

Top Bottom