• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I've got my iced coffee in hand!!

COME AT ME WORLD

Another day closer to the cold, unforgiving embrace of an old age by which time everything you love will have wilted like so many out-of-season roses, preceding an ignoble death you're likely to have to face frightened and alone.

Enjoy the coffee.

Tom Penny

Another day closer to the cold, unforgiving embrace of an old age by which time everything you love will have wilted like so many out-of-season roses, preceding an ignoble death you're likely to have to face frightened and alone.

Enjoy the coffee.
You got that from a fortune cookie.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thank you Sylvia Plath?

She lost a child due to miscarriage, her husband married a younger woman, he works were ignored during her life and she attempted to kill herself several times before succeeding at the age of 30. He living children were found on the other side of the door she sealed, crying for their mother.

Good example.

She lost a child due to miscarriage, her husband married a younger woman, he works were ignored during her life and she attempted to kill herself several times before succeeding at the age of 30. He living children were found on the other side of the door she sealed, crying for their mother.

Good example.

I was not aware of that last bit. That is pretty depressing.

Are you not a glass half full type of person Wander?

Milchjon

WW always tries to bring others down while he's enjoying the best the world has to offer (Franconia and Popeyes).

He is a sociopath.

Good example.

Things could've been worse. She could've been a Browns fan.

Slo

Interesting:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-killing-of-will-smith-justifiable-homicide/

Lawyer for Cardell Hayes’ passenger calls killing of Will Smith “justifiable homicide”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2016, 8:41 AM EDT
NEW ORLEANS, LA - AUGUST 17: Will Smith #91 of the New Orleans Saints during the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on August 17, 2012 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Getty Images
There appears to be no dispute that Cardell Hayes shot and killed former Saints defensive end Will Smith, and so Hayes will claim he was defending himself and the passenger in his Hummer when he killed Smith in New Orleans on Saturday night.

Hayes’ passenger, Kevin Oneale, has not been charged in the incident but has hired a lawyer. And that lawyer told NBC News that Hayes was protecting both himself and Oneale.

“Smith had a gun and was going to shoot it and Cardell may have saved both of their lives,” attorney Tanzanike Ruffin said. “In my mind, this is justifiable homicide. We assume Will Smith is a saint but he’s not.”

Hayes’ lawyer has previously said that Hayes was “not the aggressor” in the incident. Hayes, who is facing a charge of second-degree murder, appears set to claim the killing of Smith was self defense.

MechDX

New report: Eagles interested in everything and every player who might be available at #8 pick.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 44m44 minutes ago
The #Eagles QB marathon ends tomorrow. Paxton Lynch visited Monday, Dak Prescott yesterday, Carson Wentz today, Jared Goff tomorrow. Whew.

Still think its a giant ruse. The 2nd best smokescreen of the off season behind the Texans randomly texting triathletes in Louisiana

Still think its a giant ruse. The 2nd best smokescreen of the off season behind the Texans randomly texting triathletes in Louisiana
O966a.gif

tmdorsey

So I finally setup an Intel NUC as a future proof all-in-one HTPC/PVR/game streaming set top box. The problem is now I realize just how old and shitty my TV is. What's the best deal in 60-70" 4K HDTVs these days?

I would say either the Vizio P series or one of the 2015 mid-to-high range Sony/Samsungs.

Yeah OLED is what I really want as well. I bought my most recent TV knowing it would eventually be the bedroom TV once the giant OLED panels were available at mainstream prices

Did the exact same thing last black friday. Wanted to go OLED but the price was just too high for the 65" so I went LED LCD instead to hold me over.

The main thing though, make sure that any 4k set you get can display some form HDR. Like it's been said HDR is the real game changer.

Florio said today that the Browns had a trade in place for Gordon before he ever failed a drug test but Haslam killed it.
Could you blame us though? It's the season he was breaking records the trade was in place. Trent was already traded ( not that he was playing well ) and I doubt the coaching staff wanted to lose a Wr that was putting up 200 a game.

Could you blame us though? It's the season he was breaking records the trade was in place. Trent was already traded ( not that he was playing well ) and I doubt the coaching staff wanted to lose a Wr that was putting up 200 a game.
Yeah he specifically mentioned that he was worried about the backlash after trading Trent. It makes sense why they would have nixed it at the time, but now it looks terrible. I wish we knew what team it was that was trading for him.

Yeah he specifically mentioned that he was worried about the backlash after trading Trent. It makes sense why they would have nixed it at the time, but now it looks terrible. I wish we knew what team it was that was trading for him.
I saw it was 9ers for a 2nd and Rb Kendall Hunter. Idk the truths to that, but I do remember seeing that floated back then. Someone reported that was the proposed trade this week too, not sure who though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of Trent Truck, I watched some film of Derrick Henry. Similar backs, imo. Will only be effective in a power running game with a good/great offensive line. If he's drafted by the Cowboys, he'll be good. If he's drafted by a zone blocking team, he'll bust. He's a one cut, down hill runner. Limited agility. Lacks the ability to make defenders miss in close quarters. Great speed, power and size. Henry's skill set just isn't utilized much in the NFL today. 15 years ago, he'd be a top 10 pick. Now, he's a second rounder at best.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm either gonna get that or the Samsung "Quantum Dot" display. Basically which ever one gets below $3k first.

Yeah I'm gonna wait until they're like $1300.

OLED is awesome but I'm not sure if it's $1700 more awesome than a lot of the great LCDs that are currently available.

Top Bottom