• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...e_lions_2016_s.html#incart_river_mobile_index

MLive writer believes the Lions will go 8-8 but this is without factoring the draft and with the current roster not knowing "who is going to play safety for the Lions....or Right Tackle."

Don't agree with the Safety assertion. Glover Quin is a Pro Bowler and a vital part of our defense. With the Rafael Bush and Tavon Austin free agent signings we'll be fine opposite of Glover Quin.

Most Lions fans predictions range from 7-9 to my prediction of a 12-4 or 13-3 season. The Lions fans predicting 7-9 are usually the eternal pessimist Lions fans who think the franchise will always suck.

Most Lions fans, and football fans, know that our roster is young and talented but there's always "it's the Lolions we'll never do anything" in the back of Lions fans minds.

It's a natural emotional reaction for a fanbase that has won one playoff game in 50+ years. But once upon a time people said the Saints, Bucs or Seahawks would never win a Super Bowl.

Tom Penny

nofunallowed.jpg

It's only kinda worthless. Depends how many teams are consistent year over year.

Besides, you have to use some kind of baseline to predict records.
The baseline for records is roster composition which changes. Like how does a Cowboys SOS relevant when Romo was out half a season.

I know Bionic was asking about this, I just got an email that a Gamestop near me will have the Vive so you can demo it, check your local gamestop if you want to try VR.

Bread

Banned
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...e_lions_2016_s.html#incart_river_mobile_index

MLive writer believes the Lions will go 8-8 but this is without factoring the draft and with the current roster not knowing "who is going to play safety for the Lions....or Right Tackle."

Don't agree with the Safety assertion. Glover Quin is a Pro Bowler and a vital part of our defense. With the Rafael Bush and Tavon Austin free agent signings we'll be fine opposite of Glover Quin.

Most Lions fans predictions range from 7-9 to my prediction of a 12-4 or 13-3 season. The Lions fans predicting 7-9 are usually the eternal pessimist Lions fans who think the franchise will always suck.

Most Lions fans, and football fans, know that our roster is young and talented but there's always "it's the Lolions we'll never do anything" in the back of Lions fans minds.

It's a natural emotional reaction for a fanbase that has won one playoff game in 50+ years. But once upon a time people said the Saints, Bucs or Seahawks would never win a Super Bowl.
Tavon Austin moved to safety?

Already marking an L for the traditional "primetime road game against the Eagles in which the Giants no matter in what current state of their season never ever in a million years show up" game
Coughlin's gone and McAdoo has that handy dandy "How to finish games" committee working on the problem. We're totally good dude.

Yeah, they'll still check out.

...fuck the Eagles anyways though.

In all seriousness, if we could cut injuries in half we'd be in a good position in this garbage division. The Giants can't feasibly be one of the most injured teams in the league 4 years in a row, right? RIGHT?!

Coughlin's gone and McAdoo has that handy dandy "How to finish games" committee working on the problem. We're totally good dude.

Yeah, they'll still check out.

...fuck the Eagles anyways though.

In all seriousness, if we could cut injuries in half we'd be in a good position in this garbage division. The Giants can't feasibly be one of the most injured teams in the league 4 years in a row, right? RIGHT?!

86XNoBdI44ZYA.gif

Farooq

Banned
He's just got to avoid getting his upper body driven into the ground. He should watch tape of Eli, he's somehow mastered the art of never getting hurt.

Garrett and co need to emphasize the short passing game imo.

Btw has Jack visited the Cowboys yet? I wonder how they feel about Jack's medicals. Don't think we can pick him in GAF's mock if he hasn't visited. They have two official visit slots left.

bigosc2k

Banned
This is Chris

Chris roots for the Dolphins

When you root for the Dolphins, you inexplicably get your hopes up

When you inexplicably get your hopes up, you get your heart broken

When you get your heart broken, you root for the Cowboys

When you root for the Cowboys, you become a hillbilly degenerate who has a coal powered truck

When you are a hillbilly degenerate with a coal powered truck, you vote for Trump

When you vote for Trump you're a racist

Don't be a racist.
But Chris is Mexican,so he's not allowed to vote for Trump.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Tavon Austin moved to safety?

Bob Quin and Tavon Austin both said he could be moved to safety if asked.

The Lions have a void at safety, and Tavon Wilson expects to help fill it

But as Wilson landed in Detroit late Thursday morning, dressed nattily in a red sport coat and tie, it's clear he chose Detroit over other opportunities because he believes he can start here alongside Glover Quin.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/03/new_lions_safety_tavon_wilson.html

Right now Rafael Bush is most likely penciled in for starter opposite of Glover Quin but we'll see how that goes during training camp.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
tavon wilson you fuck!

I personally liked the signing. Was drafted by the Patriots in the 2nd round in 2012 and is young. Wonder why he didn't see more playing time in NE?

But yeah, he was signed mostly for depth at DB playing with Darius Slay, Quandre Diggs, Alex Carter and the rest of our solid, young DB core.

Bitanator

Garrett and co need to emphasize the short passing game imo.

Btw has Jack visited the Cowboys yet? I wonder how they feel about Jack's medicals. Don't think we can pick him in GAF's mock if he hasn't visited. They have two official visit slots left.

I think they are waiting for his rechecks to get the thumbs up from their doctors, then again I really think that he is priority number five on their possible picks even if I want him more than any potential pick.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't know why or how I got Tavon Austin and Tavon Wilson mixed up.

Tavon Austin will be a household name after this season when Carson Wentz will be throwing the football to him for the Rams.

Tavon Wilson is a nice player for depth in a stacked Detroit secondary.

Chris is Mexican but he hates the Chilean people for their love of mayo.

Wut? I like mayo tho

Also I think this is the most up to date list:

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills - WW
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars - Dutch
Tennessee Titans - Eleuin

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers - Bread

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid, Striker, Draxal, BigAT
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears - Minx
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons - RBH
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals

Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'll do the Vikings mock draft if no one from VikingsGAF wants to carry the torch.

Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook should probably be available at #23.

minx

Sep. 11: at Houston L
Sep. 19: vs. Philadelphia W
Sep. 25: at Dallas L
Oct. 2: vs. Detroit W
Oct. 9: at Indianapolis L
Oct. 16: vs. Jacksonville L
Oct. 20: at Green Bay L
Oct. 31: vs. Minnesota L
Nov. 6: Bye Week
Nov. 13: at Tampa Bay W
Nov. 20: at New York Giants W
Nov. 27: vs. Tennessee W
Dec. 4: vs. San Francisco W
Dec. 11: at Detroit L
Dec. 18: vs. Green Bay L
Dec. 24: vs. Washington L
Jan. 1: at Minnesota L

5-8 wins this year.

Farooq

Banned
I think they are waiting for his rechecks to get the thumbs up from their doctors, then again I really think that he is priority number five on their possible picks even if I want him more than any potential pick.

They met with him at the Combine, I think that was the extent of their visit.

They might keep those last two visits close to their chest and not immediately disclose who visited, like they did with Gregory. I read that Gregory was going to be the pick if Byron wasn't available.

They wanted Shaq Thompson over Byron though and Shazier over Martin. They have trying to get an athletic LB for two years straight.

squicken

Eagles mostly got a good draw on the schedule with an easy first month. The early bye sucks, but a new coach needs Ws. Hopefully the CLE-PHI game is better than the Vick-Weeden epic open from a few years back

And there are ways to look at the schedule and make a good prediction. Simple W-L from last isn't one of those. This 3 game stretch people are getting worried about for Philly assumes CIN is going to be really good again. Not sure how people are getting that. Both they and Denver simply lost too many good players to rebound in just one offseason

e: Not sure why they are so eager to trade Mathews, aside from his injury history. But I guess bring on Zeke if they do

Top Bottom