• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

I don't know why or how I got Tavon Austin and Tavon Wilson mixed up.

Tavon Austin will be a household name after this season when Carson Wentz will be throwing the football to him for the Rams.

Tavon Wilson is a nice player for depth in a stacked Detroit secondary.

I appreciate the respect Kas is giving to Ramsnation. To celebrate this event, I would like to invite you to join myself, MRSA, Chris, and Bread to join us for a Rams game. I cannot guarantee your safety however, if you start talking about the Lions going 15-1 and winning the superbowl to other Rams fans in the surrounding area.

Eagles mostly got a good draw on the schedule with an easy first month. The early bye sucks, but a new coach needs Ws. Hopefully the CLE-PHI game is better than the Vick-Weeden epic open from a few years back

And there are ways to look at the schedule and make a good prediction. Simple W-L from last isn't one of those. This 3 game stretch people are getting worried about for Philly assumes CIN is going to be really good again. Not sure how people are getting that. Both they and Denver simply lost too many good players to rebound in just one offseason

e: Not sure why they are so eager to trade Mathews, aside from his injury history. But I guess bring on Zeke if they do
The mean man who had Howie dent to the basement brought in Matthews. If they keep him and he does well some of that credit will go to Chip, and little Howie can't have that.

I like that the ESPN beat writer for the Browns has them at 1-15 with their only win against NYG.

But the last few meetings I think the Browns have actually won so... totally plausible!

Bitanator

They met with him at the Combine, I think that was the extent of their visit.

They might keep those last two visits close to their chest and not immediately disclose who visited, like they did with Gregory. I read that Gregory was going to be the pick if Byron wasn't available.

They wanted Shaq Thompson over Byron though and Shazier over Martin. They have trying to get an athletic LB for two years straight.

That is a great point, I think we will start to hear more rumblings once his medical rechecks are finished with

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

ACL and MCL tears but if he can't play a snap in 2016 season he could fall to the 5th round. Had no idea his injury was that bad because he was pegged to be a Top 5 pick. Even without him Notre Dame should have two first round picks with Ronnie Stanley and Will Fuller.

The Notre Dame program is producing some great NFL players.

Hindl

ACL and MCL tears but if he can't play a snap in 2016 season he could fall to the 5th round. Had no idea his injury was that bad because he was pegged to be a Top 5 pick. Even without him Notre Dame should have two first round picks.

The Notre Dame program is producing some great NFL players.

The bigger issue with his injury is rumors of nerve damage. That might come out to be incorrect depending on how his physical goes, but that spooked a lot of teams. I wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th-5th if he's there. At that spot it's mostly depth players anyway so it would be fine for him to sit and rehab until he recovers.

Striker

I like that the ESPN beat writer for the Browns has them at 1-15 with their only win against NYG.

But the last few meetings I think the Browns have actually won so... totally plausible!
2008 when Braylon destroyed the defense. It got upsetting a few years ago when The Weed was slangin' on the defense. Terrible.

Please Eagles take him, i really don't want the Giants drafting a fucking RB at 10, need defense, D-line, safety, or a fucking LB Reese..
WR and OT will be necessary at some point, preferably receiver being in the first three rounds. With them signing Sheppard, Robinson, and Brinkley at LB, I don't see Reese going LB at all, truthfully. His track record supports it. I look for CB/WR/DL as usual.

That giants offense is stacked it just needs a big time back. Please trade ahead of the Eagles and take zeke.
Stacked except a viable #2 WR, legit starting TE, and a starting caliber RT. I was bummed they didn't sign Marvin Jones considering he is a great complement to OBJ and given Cruz's health. The TE's at the moment are Will Tye and Larry Donnell, who almost lost his career due to neck damage.

Eagles mostly got a good draw on the schedule with an easy first month. The early bye sucks, but a new coach needs Ws. Hopefully the CLE-PHI game is better than the Vick-Weeden epic open from a few years back
I went to this game and honestly it of one of the funnest home openers I've been to lol.

Hue starts his career of with a win! I've seen it! Hue World order! Your undefeated until you lose!

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 7m7 minutes ago
Oklahoma wide receiver Sterling Shepard has worked out for Texans privately and had visits or workouts with Panthers, Steelers, Cowboys

Would love to see the Texans take a DE in the first (Vernon Butler....oh yeah) and grab Shepard in the 2nd but I believe they pick too late to grab him there.

Farooq

Banned
That is a great point, I think we will start to hear more rumblings once his medical rechecks are finished with

I personally have no idea which way they want to go to be honest. I mean they are working out Goff today at Cal and even Jerry went to see the workout.

Could be due diligence, or maybe they are considering a QB. Then you hear reports on how the Cowboys loved Lynch's workout, coupled with the fact the visited with several prospects that are speculated to go anywhere from 5-12. You wonder if they are planning a trade back for a player like Lawson/Zeke with a trade up for Lynch.

Edit: Correction, the workout with Goff is scheduled for this weekend.

squicken

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
I have no clue where you should put Myles Jack in your mock. I don't know how all 32 teams feel about his knee, but several teams are out.

Pass. I love the guy's game but I have almost zero tolerance on injury risks in the first round. You take those risks in the 3rd round with guys like Hicks. Gurley's knee checked out, so it wasn't a risk more than any other guy with an ACL in college. But Jack, I would pass, even at 8

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I appreciate the respect Kas is giving to Ramsnation. To celebrate this event, I would like to invite you to join myself, MRSA, Chris, and Bread to join us for a Rams game. I cannot guarantee your safety however, if you start talking about the Lions going 15-1 and winning the superbowl to other Rams fans in the surrounding area.

Rams have a solid team and I have added respect for the franchise because I believe this Detroit Lions team will carry the Greatest Show on Turf legacy the Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, Torry Holt etc. laid out for future teams.

I wouldn't really talk about the Lions if they're not playing.

At worst I'd compare Carson Wentz throwing mechanics to Matthew Stafford and how he'll probably never reach the natural talent Stafford has.

RamsNation is cool it's that one Raiders fan I'm worried about.

I may catch a Rams game this year though. Best defensive line in the NFL, IMO, and probably the best DT in Aaron Donald.

Draxal

That giants offense is stacked it just needs a big time back. Please trade ahead of the Eagles and take zeke.

If the Giant's are trading up it's going to be for Jack or Ramsey imho.

That being said, I wouldn't mind the Giants taking Zeke if he's there.

WR and OT will be necessary at some point, preferably receiver being in the first three rounds. With them signing Sheppard, Robinson, and Brinkley at LB, I don't see Reese going LB at all, truthfully. His track record supports it. I look for CB/WR/DL as usual.

Stacked except a viable #2 WR, legit starting TE, and a starting caliber RT. I was bummed they didn't sign Marvin Jones considering he is a great complement to OBJ and given Cruz's health. The TE's at the moment are Will Tye and Larry Donnell, who almost lost his career due to neck damage.

Honestly, there's no WR/TE worth it at the 10, I think Stanley is going to go before the Giants pick, and I don't think Conklin's worth the spot either. If they think Zeke's the gamechanger, and they go for him I'm game. It will get Andre off the team.

Rams have a solid team and I have added respect for the franchise because I believe this Detroit Lions team will carry the Greatest Show on Turf legacy the Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Issac Bruce, Torry Holt etc. laid out for future teams.

At worst I'd compare Carson Wentz throwing mechanics to Matthew Stafford and how he'll probably never reach the natural talent Stafford has.

I may catch a Rams game this year though. Best defensive line in the NFL, IMO, and probably the best DT in Aaron Donald.

Rams fans, are you going to let Kas talk trash on your QB like that? Are you ok with drafting a QB with no natural talent?

Draxal

Pass. I love the guy's game but I have almost zero tolerance on injury risks in the first round. You take those risks in the 3rd round with guys like Hicks. Gurley's knee checked out, so it wasn't a risk more than any other guy with an ACL in college. But Jack, I would pass, even at 8

Yeah, really don't know what to think of Jack with the injury news. Some team's going to take a flier on him, too good of a player.

Pepiope

And there are ways to look at the schedule and make a good prediction. Simple W-L from last isn't one of those. This 3 game stretch people are getting worried about for Philly assumes CIN is going to be really good again. Not sure how people are getting that. Both they and Denver simply lost too many good players to rebound in just one offseason

e: Not sure why they are so eager to trade Mathews, aside from his injury history. But I guess bring on Zeke if they do
Bradford is gonna be in at QB. Makes week 1 magnitudes better.

Fantomex

Rams fans, are you going to let Kas talk trash on your QB like that? Are you ok with drafting a QB with no natural talent?

I am between a rock and a hard place. I love the compliments on our great 7-9 team, however i don't like the insults comparing Wentz to Stafford. I will go with Option C and just draft Goff.

MRSA

Banned

Hey. Fuck you kas. Your QB is fat and you have no WRs.

MechDX

http://nfltraderumors.co/jets-made-serious-offer-titans-reportedly-close-trading-no-1-pick/

Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net, citing sources close to the situation, reports that the Jets made a “serious offer” to the Titans for the No. 1 overall pick and were “close to getting the deal done.”

According to Pauline, the trade was believed to include DL Muhammad Wilkerson.
Pauline expects the Jets to continue to explore potential trades up the board, but this will likely come down to the what the Rams elect to do at the start of the draft.

Interesting

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hey. Fuck you kas. Your QB is fat and you have no WRs.

<3 Jk MRSA

nfcwildcard3.png

If the Giant's are trading up it's going to be for Jack or Ramsey imho.

That being said, I wouldn't mind the Giants taking Zeke if he's there.

Honestly, there's no WR/TE worth it at the 10, I think Stanley is going to go before the Giants pick, and I don't think Conklin's worth the spot either. If they think Zeke's the gamechanger, and they go for him I'm game. It will get Andre off the team.

Why take Zeke to rotate him with 2 Yard Andre or Jennings..

bionic77

Lets all relive the Bungles epic choke to the Steelers.

Could any other franchise pull off that loss?

I am not even sure that the Browns and Bills working together could have done what the Bungles managed to do in the last few minutes of that game.

I am not even sure that the Browns and Bills working together could have done what the Bungles managed to do in the last few minutes of that game.

Giants, 9ers playoff game is worse than Bengals stupidity..

Tom Penny

Most Lions fans predictions range from 7-9 to my prediction of a 12-4 or 13-3 season. The Lions fans predicting 7-9 are usually the eternal pessimist Lions fans who think the franchise will always suck.

Most Lions fans, and football fans, know that our roster is young and talented but there's always "it's the Lolions we'll never do anything" in the back of Lions fans minds.

Lions 13-3??? Jordanlaughing.gif

bionic77

Giants, 9ers playoff game is worse than Bengals stupidity..
Disagree.

Burfect won the game by himself. He took out multiple players on the Steelers and then made what should have been the INT to ice it. The Bungles then bungled the ball and gave it back to the Steelers and took like 5 seconds off the clock. Gimp Ben comes back in and Burfect goes from hero to thug (definitely reverting to what he is) and puts us in FG range. The prototypical Bungle known as PacMan Jones then takes all doubt out of it by being baited into a stupid penalty. That sequence is the best definition for Bungles that I can think of.

Nothing can top that. Honestly I am not sure if even the Bungles could pull off another bungle like that again.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

"Loser's lose."

-eznark

That was one of the best playoff games in recent memory though. Such a great, intense divisional rivalry playoff game.

Lions 13-3??? Jordanlaughing.gif

Potentially, yes. And I tried putting aside my Lions fanboyism. Stafford is hitting his prime and as long as we don't have the 32nd ranked running game we should have a Top 5 offense.

Defense will be great as well with Coach Teryl Austin coming back one more year.

Why take Zeke to rotate him with 2 Yard Andre or Jennings..
Neither of those two players nullified drafting the guy. If anything, Vereen is the bigger wildcard as I don't believe the Giants got nearly enough from him last season. I think a good 3-man rotation with Jennings/Vereen and Darkwa would put us in a good position at RB right now and its why I don't believe they'll go for Elliott. If they did though, I'd be fine with dumping one of those guys.:)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You think the browns could go 9-7 this coming season? I will take the under on their wins and we can bet anything you want.

I think most every team could eventually develop an above average defense while pairing that with a game manager quarterback with a decent running game.

I don't think that's necessarily what will happen but the blueprint for mediocrity has been known for years now.

MechDX

Neither of those two players nullified drafting the guy. If anything, Vereen is the bigger wildcard as I don't believe the Giants got nearly enough from him last season. I think a good 3-man rotation with Jennings/Vereen and Darkwa would put us in a good position at RB right now and its why I don't believe they'll go for Elliott. If they did though, I'd be fine with dumping one of those guys.:)

Finally someone else here who sees the value in drafting Zeke high. Kid is just a complete back

You think the browns could go 9-7 this coming season? I will take the under on their wins and we can bet anything you want.

Are the odds in Clevelands favor? Obviously not but in this league you never know. Texans went from 12-4 in 2012 to 2-14 in 2013. Go back and find me one person who saw that coming. Just another reason why strength of schedule is a terrible barometer. You never know who is going to be really good and who is going to faceplant

Top Bottom