• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Euron

Cause your team isn't better than the Eagles.

Saw that edit!
I just remembered how we gave them Agent Randle to sabotage their offense so I changed it. Then again they somehow sabotage our offense ever time we play them so it could go either way.

Ah yes the time of the year where everyone looks at their schedule and goes "yep we can easily win 11-12 games"

That being said the Giants will go 10-6 and win the NFC East. We'll beat the Steelers and Vikings yet lose to the Saints and Lions.

Already marking an L for the traditional "primetime road game against the Eagles in which the Giants no matter in what current state of their season never ever in a million years show up" game

I don't care that much about yards.

We got turnovers, got off the field and often limited teams to FGs. We are stacked on offense and can legit put up 30 on anyone. Our defense is good enough to defend that and often helps to give the offense the ball or put us in position to win.

I am worried about a drop off next year though. Not sure where our pass rush is going to come from...

Turnovers are a fickle thing. Cowboys went from first in 2014 to last in 2015 with the same defense basically. It's a lot of luck

Hindl

Eagles schedule sucks. Week 4 bye, Seattle, GB, and Cincy all in a row, and we play three teams right after their bye week. Guessing Doug's going to get 8-8 for his first season

I kind of think this schedule sucks. Steelers playing Turkey Night, Xmas and New Years...bah humbug. I have too much family shit going on at those times. And they kick the season off with a Stuper Bore 50 rematch with Scam going up against who? Butt Fumble? Good lord.

bionic77

I kind of think this schedule sucks. Steelers playing Turkey Night, Xmas and New Years...bah humbug. I have too much family shit going on at those times. And they kick the season off with a Stuper Bore 50 rematch with Scam going up against who? Butt Fumble? Good lord.
Don't complain.

Football brings the family together!

I love watching football with my family. I also like watching it with strangers.

The only people I don't want to watch football with is Bungle and Raven fans (I have a fear or being stabbed in the back). I wouldn't want to be in the same room with Pats fans let alone watch a game with them! But other than these exceptions football is the best!

I just saw the pictures of the damage Johnny Football caused in that house. Beyond the drugs they left, it just looks like they made a mess. I don't see where the $32,000 is coming form.

Don't complain.

Football brings the family together!

I love watching football with my family. I also like watching it with strangers.

The only people I don't want to watch football with is Bungle and Raven fans (I have a fear or being stabbed in the back). I wouldn't want to be in the same room with Pats fans let alone watch a game with them! But other than these exceptions football is the best!

That's just it, nobody in my immediate family watches football. The only one that did was my dad, and he passed away 9 years ago. My girlfriend will if we are out at a bar, but not on the holidays. Let's see, Thanksgiving she'll just be obsessing over black friday shopping. And Xmas and New Years she'll be figuring out if she, or we, are going to her mom's in VA or if her mom will be coming up here with her miserable bitch dog to disrupt everything.

Broncos Schedule

WK1 - vs PANTHERS, Sep. 8 - 6:30 p.m. NBC
WK2 - vs COLTS, Sep. 18 - 2:25 p.m. KKTV
WK3 - at Bengals, Sep. 25 - 11:00 a.m. KKTV
WK4 - at Buccaneers, Oct. 2 - 2:05 p.m. KKTV
WK5 - vs FALCONS, Oct. 9 - 2:05 p.m. FOX
WK6 - at Chargers, Oct. 13 - 6:25 p.m. KKTV
WK7 - vs TEXANS, Oct. 24 - 6:30 p.m. ESPN
WK8 - vs CHARGERS, Oct. 30 - 2:05 p.m. KKTV
WK9 - at Raiders, Nov. 6 - 6:30 p.m. NBC
WK10 - at Saints, Nov. 13 - 11:00 a.m. KKTV
WK11 - BYE
WK12 - vs CHIEFS, Nov. 27 - 2:25 p.m. KKTV
WK13 - at Jaguars, Dec. 4 - 11:00 a.m. KKTV
WK14 - at Titans, Dec. 11 - 11:00 a.m. KKTV
WK15 - vs PATRIOTS, Dec. 18 - 2:25 p.m. KKTV
WK16 - at Chiefs, Dec. 25 - 6:30 p.m. NBC
WK17 - vs RAIDERS, Jan. 1 - 2:25 p.m. KKTV

I think they start off 0-3 but end up 10-6.

bionic77

That's just it, nobody in my immediate family watches football. The only one that did was my dad, and he passed away 9 years ago. My girlfriend will if we are out at a bar, but not on the holidays. Let's see, Thanksgiving she'll just be obsessing over black friday shopping. And Xmas and New Years she'll be figuring out if she, or we, are going to her mom's in VA or if her mom will be coming up here with her miserable bitch dog to disrupt everything.
Bust out the nachos, burgers and laptop and watch it with GAF.

Speaking of football I really want all the bad things in the world to happen to Burfect. Hopefully the thuggery comes from Baltimore for payback instead of the Steelers.

I like our schedule. We get one game vs. the Bungles without Burfict playing, which means half our offense should at least make it to the rematch later in the season. We get the Pats, Chiefs and Cowboys at home, all teams that we've struggled with, so having them at home is helpful.

It does suck that we're playing on holidays, because it's distracting.

That said, we're going 19-0 baby! Woo!

Probably 12-4 but still get that 7th ring.

Furyous

I wonder how long until there is advertising on NFL uniforms

I give it three years tops until advertising comes to uniforms.

--

Let's discuss strength of schedule using analytics.

2016-Schedule-Grid-with-SoS.png

Top 5 / Bottom 5 Stretches, Starts and Finishes based on SoS per Opponent Forecasted Wins

(For all categories below, Hardest = 1, Easiest = 32. Ignores site, focuses only on strength of opponent based on current CG Technology win totals.)

Worst 3 Week Stretch:

1. Saints: wk 6-8 (vs CAR, @ KC, vs SEA)
2. Falcons: wk 4-6 (vs CAR, @ DEN, @ SEA)
3. Jets: wk 4-6 (vs SEA, @ PIT, @ ARI)
4. Eagles: wk 11-13 (@ SEA, vs GB, @ CIN)
5. 49ers: wk 2-4 (@ CAR, @ SEA, vs DAL)

Worst 4 Week Stretch:

1. Jets: wk 3-6 (@ KC, vs SEA, @ PIT, @ ARI)
2. 49ers: wk 2-5 (@ CAR, @ SEA, vs DAL, vs ARI)
3. Redskins: wk 10-13 (vs MIN, vs GB, @ DAL, @ ARI)
4. Seahawks: wk 13-16 (vs CAR, @ GB, vs LA, vs ARI)
5. Falcons: wk 3-6 (@ NO, vs CAR, @ DEN, @ SEA)

Worst 5 Week Stretch:

1. Jets: wk 2-6 (@ BUF, @ KC, vs SEA, @ PIT, @ ARI)
2. 49ers: wk 2-6 (@ CAR, @ SEA, vs DAL, vs ARI, @ BUF)
3. Falcons: wk 4-8 (vs CAR, @ DEN, @ SEA, SD, GB)
4. Redskins: wk 11-15 (vs GB, @ DAL, @ ARI, @ PHI, vs CAR)
5. Seahawks: wk 10-14 (@ NE, vs PHI, @ TB, vs CAR, @ GB)

Worst First Month:

1. Jets: vs CIN, @ BUF, @ KC, vs SEA
2. 49ers: vs LA, @ CAR, @ SEA, vs DAL
3. Bills: @ BAL, vs NYJ, vs ARI, @ NE
4. Broncos: vs CAR, vs IND, @ CIN, @ TB
5. Dolphins: @ SEA, @ NE, vs CLE, @ CIN

Worst Last Month:

1. Ravens: @ NE, vs PHI, @ PIT, @ CIN
2. Dolphins: vs ARI, @ NYJ, @ BUF, vs NE
3. Titans: vs DEN, @ KC, @ JAX, vs HOU
4. Packers: vs SEA, @ CHI, vs MIN, @ DET
5. Bears: @ DET, vs GB, vs WAS, @ MIN

Easiest 3 Week Stretch:

32. Bears: wk 12-14 (vs TEN, vs SF, @ DET)
31. Jets: wk 8-10 (@ CLE, @ MIA, vs LA)
30. Dolphins: wk 10-12 (@ SD, @ LA, vs SF)
29. Bills: wk 15-17 (vs CLE, vs MIA, @ NYJ)
28. Ravens: wk 1-3 (vs BUF, @ CLE, @ JAX)

Easiest 4 Week Stretch:

32. Bears: wk 10-13 (@ TB, @ NYG, vs TEN, vs SF)
31. Jets: wk 7-10 (vs BAL, @ CLE, @ MIA, vs LA)
30. Dolphins: wk 9-12 (vs NYJ, @ SD, @ LA, vs SF)
29. Titans: wk 6-9 (vs CLE, vs IND, vs JAX, @ SD)
28. Redskins: wk 4-7 (vs CLE, @ BAL, vs PHI, @ DET)

Easiest 5 Week Stretch:

32. Bears: wk 10-14 (@ TB, @ NYG, vs TEN, vs SF, @ DET)
31. Titans: wk 5-9 (@ MIA, vs CLE, vs IND, vs JAX, @ SD)
30. Raiders: wk 1-5 (@ NO, vs ATL, @ TEN, @ BAL, vs SD)
29. Dolphins: wk 9-13 (vs NYJ, @ SD, @ LA, vs SF, @ BAL)
28. Redskins: wk 3-7 (@ NYG, vs CLE, @ BAL, vs PHI, @ DET)

Easiest First Month (byes are easy!):

32. Eagles: vs CLE, @ CHI, vs PIT, bye
31. Packers: @ JAX, @ MIN, vs DET, bye
30. Seahawks: vs MIA, @ LA, vs SF, @ NYJ
29. Ravens: vs BUF, @ CLE, @ JAX, vs OAK
28. Raiders: @ NO, vs ATL, @ TEN, @ BAL

Easiest Last Month:

32. Panthers: vs SD, @ WAS, vs ATL, @ TB
31. Steelers: @ BUF, @ CIN, vs BAL, vs CLE
30. Bills: vs PIT, vs CLE, vs MIA, @ NYJ
29. Chiefs: vs OAK, vs TEN, vs DEN, @ SD
28. Cowboys: @ NYG, vs TB, vs DET, @ PHI

Not sure if out there but source tells me @Eagles were runner-up to @RamsNFL for trade with @Titans for No. 1 pick @NFLonFOX @SiriusXMNFL
— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) April 14, 2016
Sources says Rams gave package they did because of belief Titans were ready to pull the trigger on a deal with the Eagles.
— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721) April 14, 2016

Tom Penny

SOS is a worthless stat. it doesnt take into account Free Agency the draft and previous years injuries that all attribute to a teams success in the new season. A teams SOS changes on a week to week basis in NFL..

The Panthers are better than every single team on their schedule. Yes that includes Denver and Seattle.

Luck is bullshit tho so they'll go 12-4.

#notevenkasingrightnow

EDIT: Actually I'm gonna roll that back. I think the Cardinals are the single most talented team in the NFL and its not the playoffs so Palmer will actually play well.

I like our schedule. We get one game vs. the Bungles without Burfict playing, which means half our offense should at least make it to the rematch later in the season. We get the Pats, Chiefs and Cowboys at home, all teams that we've struggled with, so having them at home is helpful.

It does suck that we're playing on holidays, because it's distracting.

That said, we're going 19-0 baby! Woo!

Probably 12-4 but still get that 7th ring.

Yeah, the overall schedule itself isn't bad. Certainly in terms of travel, farthest they go is what, Florida? I just like to gripe about things that cause me personal dissatisfaction because I'm old.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SOS is a worthless stat. it doesnt take into account Free Agency the draft and previous years injuries that all attribute to a teams success in the new season. A teams SOS changes on a week to week basis in NFL..

nofunallowed.jpg

It's only kinda worthless. Depends how many teams are consistent year over year.

Besides, you have to use some kind of baseline to predict records.

Jets and Browns got pooped on by the schedule.

Mark Sessler made the point that by the time the Browns home stretch really starts (7 out of 9 on road I think, with two at home being tough teams) they will be 2-7 or 1-8 and nobody will buy tickets

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Todd Gurley and others have taught us anything, is that injuries mean jack. This dude looks like the best player in the whole draft to me. When he was at UCLA he looked like a Pro playing against high school kids. He's the closest thing I've seen to Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas. It's difficult not to get hyped on this kid.

What did we learn from Marcus Lattimore?

Hindl

If Todd Gurley and others have taught us anything, is that injuries mean jack. This dude looks like the best player in the whole draft to me. When he was at UCLA he looked like a Pro playing against high school kids. He's the closest thing I've seen to Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas. It's difficult not to get hyped on this kid.

I'm just holding out hope he makes it to 8

Hindl

he was a sentimental pick. The feels got in the way. His injuries were not on the same level as Myles Jack. Jack is a beast for 10 years.

I don't see him slipping past the Jaguars at #5 fam, sorry.

Yeah I know ;_; maybe all these trade rumors are true and Howie is trying to move up to #2. Hopefully if they do move up it's not for a QB

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After sleeping on it I've changed my predictions

This is Chris

Chris roots for the Dolphins

When you root for the Dolphins, you inexplicably get your hopes up

When you inexplicably get your hopes up, you get your heart broken

When you get your heart broken, you root for the Cowboys

When you root for the Cowboys, you become a hillbilly degenerate who has a coal powered truck

When you are a hillbilly degenerate with a coal powered truck, you vote for Trump

When you vote for Trump you're a racist

Don't be a racist.

Im so fucking proud of you!

I would like to revise it again...

DOLPHINS’ 2016 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

Sunday, Sept. 11 - at Seattle - 4:05 p.m. - L
Sunday, Sept. 18 - at New England - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Sept. 25 – CLEVELAND - 1 p.m. - W
Thursday, Sept. 29 - at Cincinnati - 8:25 p.m. - W
Sunday, Oct. 9 - TENNESSEE - 1 p.m. - W
Sunday, Oct. 16 – PITTSBURGH - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Oct. 23 – BUFFALO - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Oct. 30 - BYE WEEK - L
Sunday, Nov. 6 - N.Y. JETS - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Nov. 13 - at San Diego - 4:05 p.m. - W
Sunday, Nov. 20 - at Los Angeles - 4:05 p.m. - L
Sunday, Nov. 27 - SAN FRANCISCO - 1 p.m. - W
Sunday, Dec. 4 - at Baltimore - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Dec. 11 – ARIZONA - 1 p.m. - L
Saturday, Dec. 17 - at N.Y. Jets - 8:25 p.m. - W
Saturday, Dec. 24 - at Buffalo - 1 p.m. - L
Sunday, Jan. 1 - NEW ENGLAND - 1 p.m. - W

7-9 and out of the playoffs by Week 11.

This is Chris

Chris roots for the Dolphins

When you root for the Dolphins, you inexplicably get your hopes up

When you inexplicably get your hopes up, you get your heart broken

When you get your heart broken, you root for the Cowboys

When you root for the Cowboys, you become a hillbilly degenerate who has a coal powered truck

When you are a hillbilly degenerate with a coal powered truck, you vote for Trump

When you vote for Trump you're a racist

Don't be a racist.

Friend pls ;_;

MechDX

Looking at the 2016 schedule one thing keeps popping in my mind: 5 freaking prime time games. Why? Texans are just not good in prime time.

Top Bottom