• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Holy Shit Miko Grimes just threatened to shoot a Miami reporter on Twitter

Yeah I saw, Armando is all class for how he's handled her constant attacks, so glad he's gone, she's not fucken worth this and he ain't even that good anymore anyways.

For any smart move this team makes, a dumb one gotta follow right after FFS

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/707039653530972160

Chris/TDR :(

I saw :( I still hope Miami will get their heads out of their asses and sign him but now we'll just have to wait and see :(

Spinluck

Dwayne Allen got what?! Grigson is really, really dumb.

Could be worse.

Jimmy Graham, Seahawks, $10,000,000
Travis Kelce, Chiefs, $9,368,400
Julius Thomas, Jaguars, $9,200,000
Rob Gronkowski, Patriots, $9,000,000
Zach Ertz, Eagles, $8,500,000
Charles Clay, Bills, $7,600,000
Greg Olsen, Panthers, $7,500,000
Jordan Cameron, Dolphins, $7,500,000
Jason Witten, Cowboys, $7,400,000
Vernon Davis, Broncos, $7,350,000
Dwayne Allen, Colts, $7,350,000
Kyle Rudolph, Vikings, $7,300,000

;___;

Spinluck

Grimes is an idiot.

You are rich as fuck, and athletically gifted. Yet you settle on some crazy motherfucker, who might be viewed as a distraction wherever you go. Is this lady just living off of him? He needs to dump her quick.

Could be worse.

;___;

Titans better pay Delanie soon!!!!!!

ampere

Could be worse.

;___;

g7XI2AJ.gif

squicken

First time I'm hearing about Maxwell not being a locker room fit. Squicken where you getting this from?

Beat guys have been talking about it a bit over the year. Was always just low key stuff though. Nothing like with Murray

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/371338271.html

There might have been enough skill there for the team to wait and see how he played under Schwartz, even with Maxwell due to make $8.5 million this year, but what was most alarming about Maxwell was his attitude. He made it clear he signed (for $63 million over six years) with the team that offered him the most money, period. There is a real NFL phenomenon with players who get huge deals sometimes suddenly showing less effort and dedication; Maxwell could be featured on a poster for this, and everyone around the team knew it. A big-money veteran who really doesn't care very much is not something you want in your locker room, around younger players.

The random anger in that thread is confusing me the most...

It's funny because people from Quebec don't get the joke. They are notoriously full of themselves. They of course take the laughter as people being ignorant of the fact that they speak a different language. Which is another level of humor to an already funny situation.

squicken

Grimes is an idiot.

You are rich as fuck, and athletically gifted. Yet you settle on some crazy motherfucker, who might be viewed as a distraction wherever you go. Is this lady just living off of him? He needs to dump her quick.

Reminds me of Doug Christie a little. Not that they are the same, but for all the trouble they cause, it makes me wonder exactly what they do that makes their husbands so willing to put up with the nonsense

Reminds me of Doug Christie a little. Not that they are the same, but for all the trouble they cause, it makes me wonder exactly what they do that makes their husbands so willing to put up with the nonsense

Miko we'll happily tell you that she "fucks" him better than anyone, yeah she's posted stuff like that

squicken

always funny to see these hit pieces when people are on their way out or as a way to justify it to the gullible fan base (i should know, i see it with the niners all the time!)

I agree that's usually the case. But here, with Murray and Maxwell, there were player comments during the season, Probably unique b/c the team was imploding with Chip. I'm pretty sure Malcolm Jenkins was a source, which is why Howie gave him a new deal when he got his old job back!

And during the season a reporter pretty much said Kiko was too stupid to play football. After the trade a lot of media guys had a some quips about "blank stares"

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/eagles/?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=363323361

But Alonso had at least some of training camp to get re-acclimated to live action, which raises another possible reason that he has been so ineffective: that he is having trouble mastering Davis' system and a middle linebacker's role in it. Anyone who spent any time talking to Alonso, or trying to talk to him, recognizes this possibility. He has the comportment of a super-laid-back surfer dude, dumbstruck as he listens to Bill and Ted discuss their latest excellent adventure. He leads the team in blank stares. Asked what he needed to do to improve his play, he said, "Film study . . . practice . . ." There was a long silence thereafter.

I agree that's usually the case. But here, with Murray and Maxwell, there were player comments during the season, Probably unique b/c the team was imploding with Chip. I'm pretty sure Malcolm Jenkins was a source, which is why Howie gave him a new deal when he got his old job back!

And during the season a reporter pretty much said Kiko was too stupid to play football. After the trade a lot of media guys had a some quips about "blank stares"

not necessarily that all of it is false in any of the examples, but i just find it funny on the timing of these types of articles. of course you're going to talk about the possibilities of why it happened when it happens but (with the niners anyways) it's clear that shit is being leaked to the beat writers on what to say

Striker

Giants showing strong interest in S George Iloka. Granted I think he ends up a Viking, but he would be a great pickup. It remains to be seen where they eventually see Collins. I still think they could end up picking up two safeties (another interest is supposedly Rams' S Rodney McLeod) and Collins becomes the big nickel or LB in dime packages.

Iloka was the Bengals 5th round pick they had received from the Giants when they traded away Keith Rivers. -_-

Some of these DE names I'm reading sans Mario Williams and Charles Johnson are... not enticing. I don't see Ayers returning at all and JPP will probably get a bigger offer elsewhere.

Wes

venison crêpe
Apologies if already mentioned, the rumour is Eagles gave #13 and a 4th rounder, along with their 2 players, for the Dolphins pick at #8.

Pepiope

Apologies if already mentioned, the rumour is Eagles gave #13 and a 4th rounder, along with their 2 players, for the Dolphins pick at #8.
If we get the 8th pick and wind up with at least a 4th for Murray then Howie is truly amazing.

Pepiope

That's the Maxwell/Alonso deal. PHI may be hoping Hargreaves drops.
Ya. I'm just saying that losing a 4th sucks unless we are getting a higher 4th rounder back in the Murray deal. Getting rid of his salary and adding a draft pick almost seems too good to be true. Especially with all the rumors that he didn't want to stay in Philly. I don't why the Titans would give us a 4th for Murray, but I also don't know why the Dolphins would give us #8

effzee

I would be surprised if he's good again. I still think it was mostly the insanely dominant O-line in Dallas, something the crazier members Philly-GAF wouldn't accept lol

Does the trade free the Eagles of all money owed to Murray? Apparently he's even willing to take less money to get out, that's how unhappy he was

Philly fans don't and won't accept it because A. He was good even before Dallas's line became dominant and B. Eagles were consistently ranked right above or below Dallas as run block OLINE. The notion was he was only good because of the line in Dallas well then he would be just as good in Philly.

Except Chip cut the starting Guards and then replaced them with street bums and the line went to ship. Introduce a new QB, new WRs, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I think Demarco will do fine in Tenn in a more traditional offense, a running threat QB, and not running out of Shotgun every play.

Kiko I am truly confused by. He was an absolute stud his rookie season. He can't be too dumb to grasp a D in his rookie season and lead his team in tackles.

Then he tore his ACL and came back gimpy. I was really really looking forward to him fully healed and 2 years removed from the ACL. And at his salary, which is nothing, he could have been kept.

I get the feeling unlike Murray and Maxwell, if they could have they would have kept him but Miami probably insisted.

Ya. I'm just saying that losing a 4th sucks unless we are getting a higher 4th rounder back in the Murray deal. Getting rid of his salary and adding a draft pick almost seems too good to be true. Especially with all the rumors that he didn't want to stay in Philly. I don't why the Titans would give us a 4th for Murray, but I also don't know why the Dolphins would give us #8

Dolphins get 2 players at a renegotiated lower cap hit. 2 players who, if healthy, motivated, and in a better system (as in any system other than Billy Davis) will be legit starters if not borderline pro-bowlers.

They have a QB they believe in and unless they absolutely love the players who may fall to them at 8, the drop from 8 to 13 isn't that bad considering the players they pick up.

effzee

BTW I haven't seen this rumor widely reported so it just seems like wild speculation.

I think best Eagles can hope for is a 4th or 5th round pick (maybe 2 picks?) for the Kiko and Maxwell deal and another low round pick pick for Murray.

In total I think they pick (2) 5th round picks, remove guys who allegedly weren't the best fit scheme and character wise, and shed salary to make cap room.

So far good Howie. Now don't F up the draft.

Euron

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/03/giants_free_agency_rumors_cross_mario_williams_off.html

Cross veteran defensive end Mario Williams off the list. He's not in play for the Giants at this time, a person with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media.

But the visit never materialized as Williams reportedly was looking for a deal in the $10 million per year range. The price may have been more than the Giants were willing to pay as they concentrate their efforts elsewhere at defensive end right now.

A bit disappointing. After the Ayers $10 Million request we should be looking more at alternatives. We simply need to make significant pass rush improvements. Williams was 31 and $10 million is a bit pricey but he would have fit great in the scheme.

Top Bottom