• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Ya, but getting rid of said players to save cap was going to happen regardless, so if the team willing to take on their contracts is also willing to give up a higher pick, then you make the deal.

I dont get this need to save cap, the Eagles were under the cap before any of these moves were made, and the only thing in the world that Howie is even supposed to be good at is managing the cap. You dont need a cap wizard if you just trade away all your high salary guys. I really wanted to see Kiko with another year of recovery, and Maxwell in this new D. I fell like Howie just cut off the Eagles nose to spite the face because he is desperate to show the world that Chip made bad moves.

squicken

I missed Oakland had a deal w/Osemele. Where exactly is BAL spending its money? I know they had injuries, but they looked really talent starved last year. Do Flacco and Suggs take up all the cap room?

No its pretty much that
I think the only safety we have on the roster signed is Nate Allen
Only offensive need I can think of is a RB that can spell Murray and kick return
This assuming Osmele is playing left tackle
If not then add that to the list

Edit: Actually I'm hearing that he will be playing guard and they are in play of resigning Penn or another tackle
Might as well since it's a solid luxury you can use and just make that secondary shine.

The Raiders may be a threat to the Broncos next season I think.

Trey

Pey Pey and Megatron in the span of a few days. He was awesome. I know there will be Stafford jokes, but he really did benefit from being in an offense that threw the ball a lot

imagine him in an offense that threw the ball a lot, and well.

Pepiope

I dont get this need to save cap, the Eagles were under the cap before any of these moves were made, and the only thing in the world that Howie is even supposed to be good at is managing the cap. You dont need a cap wizard if you just trade away all your high salary guys. I really wanted to see Kiko with another year of recovery, and Maxwell in this new D. I fell like Howie just cut off the Eagles nose to spite the face because he is desperate to show the world that Chip made bad moves.
Signing guys like Bradford and Cox cost money.

I doubt Howie is trading away guys that Schwartz wanted to keep on D.

gutshot

Chip did make bad moves though. Both Maxwell and Murray had horrendous contracts. If you can get another team to take those on and get a few assets in return, that's perfect. Kiko seems like a bit of collateral damage, to help get rid of one of those bad contracts, but as I said, he wasn't really a scheme fit and LB was one of the deeper positions on the team.

If all Howie wanted was to spite Chip Kelly, why did he resign Bradford?

I missed Oakland had a deal w/Osemele. Where exactly is BAL spending its money? I know they had injuries, but they looked really talent starved last year. Do Flacco and Suggs take up all the cap room?

Flacco has a $23m cap hit this year. My god that is after Ozzie gave him a 2 year extension to bring that number down. If the Ravens cut Flacco this year he would have a $70m cap hit. jnc, almost half their cap would go to one player. What an insane contract he has.

Sounds like Gronk wants a pay raise. It was the risk he and the team took. He signed that contract when he was always hurt and got a chunk of the money up front.

PAY. THE. MAN.

Best player in the league bar none, once in a generation talent who is the greatest all time at his position.

Flacco has a $23m cap hit this year. My god that is after Ozzie gave him a 2 year extension to bring that number down. If the Ravens cut Flacco this year he would have a $70m cap hit. jnc, almost half their cap would go to one player. What an insane contract he has.

Sometimes, it sucks to be so right about something.

squicken

Yeah the Chip stuff is just a fun side angle. Murray and Maxwell are gone for cap and personality reasons. Howie would have never done the Bradford trade, but he wasn't going to go into next year with having to start a rookie or Sanchez

Chip did make bad moves though. Both Maxwell and Murray had horrendous contracts. If you can get another team to take those on and get a few assets in return, that's perfect. Kiko seems like a bit of collateral damage, to help get rid of one of those bad contracts, but as I said, he wasn't really a scheme fit and LB was one of the deeper positions on the team.

I guess the Bradford signing was because the new coach said he wanted Bradford. I cant imagine Howie is forcing Sam on dougie. I just see that there was talk yesterday about both Maxwell and Murray restructuring their deals, why didnt the Eagles just ask those guys to do that so we could keep them? Chip trades away players and it is the worst thing ever, Howie trades away players and he is the bestest gm ever.

Pepiope

I guess the Bradford signing was because the new coach said he wanted Bradford. I cant imagine Howie is forcing Sam on dougie. I just see that there was talk yesterday about both Maxwell and Murray restructuring their deals, why didnt the Eagles just ask those guys to do that so we could keep them? Chip trades away players and it is the worst thing ever, Howie trades away players and he is the bestest gm ever.
Murray didn't want to be here, and if Maxwell doesn't fit the scheme, why keep him around?

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 3s4 seconds ago
#Dolphins nearing a deal with DE Mario Williams on a new deal. May be worth roughly $8M per year. May allow team to cut DE Cam Wake.

Why would they cut Wake? They're gonna let Vernon walk.

As for the deal, $8 mil isn't too bad. Wish it was a bit less, but still much less than what Vernon was looking for.

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Lamar Miller to the #Texans appears "very likely."

excited-ron-swanson.gif

effzee

Murray didn't want to be here, and if Maxwell doesn't fit the scheme, why keep him around?

Which scheme would that be again? 4-3 or 3-4, the corner play isn't affected by the switch. If anything Maxwell wasn't a fit for the strict 1 on 1 with single safety that Billy Davis liked to run.

The Eagles also kept the DB coach because they liked the work he did with Nolan and Rowe.

They only traded Maxwell because of the contract and nothing more.

squicken

The Rams had a team meeting in LA last week about the logistic of everyone moving and the new training setup, and Foles did not make the trip. So my guess is he isn't back with the Rams next year

The Rams had a team meeting in LA last week about the logistic of everyone moving and the new training setup, and Foles did not make the trip. So my guess is he isn't back with the Rams next year

I am really curious who would pick him up. He was so bad the last few years but someone will give him another chance I am sure. Maybe he can go be Chip's back up with the 9ers. That would drive the eagles message board nuts.

He's heading home to Philly where he belongs, congrats Yankee!

No! Bad boban!

Spinluck

Why the fuck are cable/internet people always an hour late or an hour early?. I have to go to work soon. This is bullshit.

Just imagine the bitch fit Brady throws if Gronk isn't there for him. I say let him walk.

Gronk leaving would fuck them over big time.

If Brady is going to succeed as an old he needs a solid cast around him.

Top Bottom