• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
i know i'm not the first person to suggest this but i feel the jags are on the cusp of being a good team this year. first off, they play in arguably the worst division in the league. secondly, they have a pretty good offense. and now you add some extra help on defense. 10-6 and a division title upcoming!

maybe

I'm not a fan of this new, soft fmt. No guarantees, just a wimpy maybe.

Old, strong fmt would have bet his wife's virginity on a whim!

i know i'm not the first person to suggest this but i feel the jags are on the cusp of being a good team this year. first off, they play in arguably the worst division in the league. secondly, they have a pretty good offense. and now you add some extra help on defense. 10-6 and a division title upcoming!

maybe

That division belongs to the Colts and it will for the future because of Luck
But I agree about these points for a team like the Raiders. They are scary

Godslay

Banned
I'm fine with paying Brock $15M, probably up to $17M. Which at that point is a big stretch. Thought it would be in the $13M - $15M range, and could still land there.

Glad the Steelers got a deal done with William Gay. Hopefully not a back breaking amount. That should leave enough money to sign Ramon Foster...

What the shit? Sure, the Raiders have to spend money, but how about not blowing up the market? It'll be interesting to see if guards start getting stupid money or if the Raiders are just going to Raiders.

Yep Gay was the one guy I thought we needed to resign. Glad we got that done.

squicken

Chris Cooley: Robert Griffin III ‘was never willing to be friends with Kirk Cousins’

From the moment Kirk was drafted, I think Robert had animosity towards him. A lot of people in this area hated that fourth-round pick; I don’t think anyone hated it as much as RGIII hated it.”
“Robert was never willing to be friends with Kirk Cousins,” Cooley said. “They never hung out together, they never spent time together, their families didn’t hang out together. … It was never a great relationship. I don’t think Robert ever wanted it to be a great relationship. And I think it became really contentious over the last two years, to where Rex Grossman, a guy who I’m close with, said ‘This is weird in here. This is a bad situation in here. These guys don’t like each other.’
“The offensive line did not like Robert Griffin,” Cooley said. “A lot of the receivers did not like Robert Griffin. The offensive line had a problem with Robert, because they were considered for a year-and-a-half or two years a terrible offensive line that couldn’t protect a quarterback. A lot of that isn’t true. A lot of that was Robert. A lot of the sacks were put on Robert. Want to believe it or not, they were, okay? Football-wise, they were: it was Robert.

“Robert never took [responsibility] for that,” Cooley said. “Robert continued to let his offensive line eat the blame. They don’t like it. They hate that, man. That kills them. Perception is the only thing an offensive line has, because 99 percent of people watching football have no idea what an offensive line’s doing.

Malik going to Jaguars, Gg Broncos

Edit, so jags have 190 in cap. Do they have to use 95% of that, or will they transfer some again to next year?

They don't have to spend it until the end of this upcoming season. A lot of that space will be used to sign Bortles, A. Robinson, A. Hurns, Telvin Smith, Brandon Linder and Aaron Colvin to new contracts.

JABEE

Teams have like $80 million in cap space this offseason. Contracts are going to be crazy. I hope your GMs manage to lock down their talent before the market is reset over the next 48 hours.

squicken

Teams have like $80 million in cap space this offseason. Contracts are going to be crazy. I hope your GMs manage to lock down their talent before the market is reset over the next 48 hours.

With Jackson's new deal, Cox's price is going to be nuts. Going to be hard to lock him up, I think. I suspect he plays out his deal and gets tagged. But who knows? Howie's been working magic all offseason

With Jackson's new deal, Cox's price is going to be nuts. Going to be hard to lock him up, I think. I suspect he plays out his deal and gets tagged. But who knows? Howie's been working magic all offseason

Vinny Curry had 2 sacks last year and got a deal for $10m a year? Outside of locking Bradford up to a reasonable deal I fail to see the magic this offseason in terms of contracts.

You will always have a place in my heart Red. I leave not to a better place, but to a closer place. A place that is off the 405 freeway, about an hour away. A place called the Los Angeles Coliseum. Come join us friend.

I hope the Dolphins win 5 straight superbowls. Nothing but love for Miami.
Bro, it's starting to feel like you aren't joking. I'm scared.

Draxal

“Robert never took [responsibility] for that,” Cooley said. “Robert continued to let his offensive line eat the blame. They don’t like it. They hate that, man. That kills them. Perception is the only thing an offensive line has, because 99 percent of people watching football have no idea what an offensive line’s doing.

Truer words have never been spoken.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 10s11 seconds ago
The Colts have waived their 2013 first-round pick Bjoern Werner.

Boo!!

Jags could pay ALL of it this year and still be 40 million under the cap. Congrats gata.

The Giants have "some serious interest" in Jets DT Damon "Snacks" Harrison.
(via @JordanRaanan)

Boo!!

Snacks should be a definite signing for us with Jackson off of the market. Draxal mentioned him before.

I'm good with JPP coming back at 10 million. Its a big number but its a one year prove it deal. If he plays at a high level, we can get him on a longer contract and this season will puts some minds at ease about his ability to play with the hand issue. Plus, it seems like the Cardinals were in serious pursuit.

Jags:

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 52s53 seconds ago
Word around #NFL is that #Jaguars will still chase Olivier Vernon and one of the top CBs, perhaps a safety.

Also, Colts:

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 3m3 minutes ago
#Colts release Bjorn Werner, first round pick in 2014.

MechDX

Joe Webb back with Panthers on two-year deal, per his agency, @_SportsTrust

Aaron Wilson Twitter

The Joe Webb experience lives on.

JABEE

Chase Daniel still a possibility for the Eagles.

Mike Garafolo
‏@MikeGarafolo
Eagles' re-signing of Sam Bradford did not spell the end of QB Chase Daniel in Philly. Doug Pederson's buddy remains a possibility there.

Another potential free agent.

Jeff McLaneVerified account
‏@Jeff_McLane
#Eagles reached out on another ex-Bills player who played for Jim Schwartz, per sources: LB Nigel Bradham. 26-yr old has 38 career starts.

Top Bottom