• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Hunter S.

My main thoughts are that signing Derek Wolfe was better than signing Malik again. The stars just love to shine over our Broncos. There have been casualties for Denver every year and they have stayed strong so far.

If Osweiler chooses the Texans he is just plain loco.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Glad the Steelers got a deal done with William Gay. Hopefully not a back breaking amount. That should leave enough money to sign Ramon Foster...

Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin
For Kelechi Osemele and the #Raiders, the deal they've agreed to in principle will pay him an $11.7M per year base with a max value of $12M.

$12M a year for a guard? Holy shit.

What the shit? Sure, the Raiders have to spend money, but how about not blowing up the market? It'll be interesting to see if guards start getting stupid money or if the Raiders are just going to Raiders.

LJ11

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Free agent CB Leodis McKelvin is visiting the #Eagles, source said. A deal could come quickly, though a visit to Dallas looms.

Maxwell's replacement? I don't know much about McKelvin. LJ, is this guy any good?

McKelvin is one of nicest guys around but he's not a good CB. Sloppy technique, slow to recognize, he'll come cheap and every so often he has a good game. Dont get excited, look at him as a body competing for a spot.

You could probably find better.

Was going to come back for the draft, but we'll have plenty of news coming so I'll be in and out posting in spots. Just really enjoying my time away.

So it begins.

He was hit or last year. Kinda saw it coming due to the cap increase and the relative low cost in letting him go. Great signing though, great guy too. Insane beast strength. Too bad he's reaching towards the end of his career.

See Malik's gone too. Sad, but can't blame him for getting paid. Played a long time for minimal money and earned every dime imo. Good for him.

He did have his worst season last year. It is hard to know. We got him for cheap off San Diego and he had a mostly great run.

Hmmm for a cheap one year deal he'd be an upgrade for Miami,

Chris, let's get ready for the game next year friend.

I'm ready!

Join us friend...one of us...one of us...

Probably something about how Megatron wasn't as good, Stafford will face less pressure from his coaching staff to throw to him, "did you see the offense the second half of the season", etc. etc.

He still hasn't replied to that scathing review of fatty last year.

Malik going to Jaguars, Gg Broncos

Edit, so jags have 190 in cap. Do they have to use 95% of that, or will they transfer some again to next year?

When y'all leave and the Dolphins win the Super Bowl, I don't want you climbing back on this bandwagon.

Pats fans aren't allowed either.

You're coming too

Also:
to2Cto6.jpg

lol fuck Omar

What the shit? Sure, the Raiders have to spend money, but how about not blowing up the market? It'll be interesting to see if guards start getting stupid money or if the Raiders are just going to Raiders.
My bet is he plays LT for them. The money doesn't seem as crazy at that point.

Fantomex

You will always have a place in my heart Red. I leave not to a better place, but to a closer place. A place that is off the 405 freeway, about an hour away. A place called the Los Angeles Coliseum. Come join us friend.

When y'all leave and the Dolphins win the Super Bowl, I don't want you climbing back on this bandwagon.

Pats fans aren't allowed either.

I hope the Dolphins win 5 straight superbowls. Nothing but love for Miami.

I'm happy that Malik is getting paid handsomely. I doubt that he will be worth 15 million per but I'll miss his ability to get his hands on the ball at the LOS.

gutshot

McKelvin is one of nicest guys around but he's not a good CB. Sloppy technique, slow to recognize, he'll come cheap and every so often he has a good game. Dont get excited, look at him as a body competing for a spot.

Hrm. Well if he comes cheap, I don't mind adding him and counting on Undlin to iron out any technique issues. He really helped Rowe and Carroll last year in the dept.

Hunter S.

Side Issues:

Sports Authority has gone into bankruptcy. Mile high has a 25 year contract to use the name Sports Authority.

I would be very disappointed if they lose the best Stadium name in the league....

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29607489/mile-high-naming-right-big-question-sports-authoritys

I'm happy that Malik is getting paid handsomely. I doubt that he will be worth 15 million per but I'll miss his ability to get his hands on the ball at the LOS.

I think Gator's team over paid to get him in Florida with all the swamps and inbreeds (no offense to the cool Floridians). Jacksonville is one of the teams players say will have to pay them more to actually go there. Based off of an old survey.

effzee

Hrm. Well if he comes cheap, I don't mind adding him and counting on Undlin to iron out any technique issues. He really helped Rowe and Carroll last year in the dept.

I really wish the Eagles took Byron Jones last year in the first round.

Would be exciting to field Rowe and Jones as starting CBs.

squicken

I'm always suspect when a FA takes the best deal from a scrub team like Jacksonville. I mean they have picked top 10 for how many years? I just don't trust the player to be as engaged as he was while he was earning that contract. We'll see, but I'm curious how hard Denver went after him

Tankard

As a Jags fan I doubt it too, but it's just the nature of the beast with free agency. If he helps provide pass rush even without many sacks that's already something.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Side Issues:

Sports Authority has gone into bankruptcy. Mile high has a 25 year contract to use the name Sports Authority.

I would be very disappointed if they lose the best Stadium name in the league....

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29607489/mile-high-naming-right-big-question-sports-authoritys

I think Gator's team over paid to get him in Florida with all the swamps and inbreeds (no offense to the cool Floridians). Jacksonville is one of the teams players say will have to pay them more to actually go there. Based off of an old survey.
Maybe they'll drop the name and just go back to Mile High Stadium like the people wanted when the place was built.

JABEE

http://deadspin.com/ricardo-lockette-explains-how-he-could-have-died-after-1763532190?

I didn’t really realize how serious it was until it was over, because the doctor told me my skull was—all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae and the cartilage, in between that. So, the cartilage was out, the ligaments torn. And he said, if I were to have stood up then, the weight of my head, left, right, front, back, I would have died. If one of my teammates would have came over and pulled my arm, just barely, I might have died. If the returner at the time would have broken a couple tackles, and they would have moved and fell on me, I would have died on the field. But what saved my life was the trainers.

Damn

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 53s53 seconds ago
The #Texans are making a strong push to secure RB Lamar Miller before the league year begins, source said. Working toward a deal.

#FireRickSmith!

i know i'm not the first person to suggest this but i feel the jags are on the cusp of being a good team this year. first off, they play in arguably the worst division in the league. secondly, they have a pretty good offense. and now you add some extra help on defense. 10-6 and a division title upcoming!

maybe

Top Bottom