• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

*terms of Dolphins getting raped*

UniqueBriefArgentineruddyduck.gif

More info on the Fins:

Warren Sharp ‏@SharpFootball 2m2 minutes ago
No team has spent more in free agency the last 4 yrs than the Dolphins. Records:
6-10 '15
8-8 '14
8-8 '13
7-9 '12

CdDu3mBWAAQXHLj.jpg:large

Colasante

My never-gonna-happen pipe dream: Dolphins cut Cameron Wake, Wake takes less to sign with the Patriots in the hopes of getting a ring, then the Patriots trade Chandler Jones for a 2016 2nd or future 1st before he walks in free agency.

Milchjon

Haters.

This year it will DEFINITELY work out for the Dolphins.

TDR, am I allowed to join you if this Trump shit continues?

effzee

The Hargreaves dream is dead.

Fuck Philly.

Meanwhile the Hargreaves dream in Philly is just beginning.

Eagles must be in love with someone who they think will fall to them at 8. Excited about this to see who that can be. Could be Hargreaves or top LB.

JABEE

Jeff McLane
‏@Jeff_McLane
Leodis McKelvin had an INT last season vs. the #Eagles. Asked what he remembered about it: "They kept running the same play."

DAMN

i underestimated how stupid the dolphins are. you win this round!

it is absolutely NOT "negligible". trading from 8th pick in the round to 13th pick in the round is negligible in the 7th round.... not in the first round.

In this draft? Eh it's a deep defensive draft, with very little elite talent, I'm more pissed about the 4th pick

Tom Penny

it is absolutely NOT "negligible". trading from 8th pick in the round to 13th pick in the round is negligible in the 7th round.... not in the first round.

You find busts and starters all over the 1st round and certainly in the top 15. Getting more picks in the first few rounds is a better strategy to get a good player than moving 5 slots.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i underestimated how stupid the dolphins are. you win this round!

Yeah I was thinking that in many drafts the difference between 8th and 13th is a future All Pro player versus a good starter.

Striker

Yeah I was thinking that in many drafts the difference between 8th and 13th is a future All Pro player versus a good starter.
2014 draft

8th Justin Gilbert, Browns, CB
13th Aaron Donald, Rams, DT

One is a bench warmer now. One is an All Pro. ;)

minx

Glad Bears didn't sign Malik for 15 million per year. Sad that the Packers might sign Forte.

Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin
For Kelechi Osemele and the #Raiders, the deal they've agreed to in principle will pay him an $11.7M per year base with a max value of $12M.

$12M a year for a guard? Holy shit.

Who was that delusional Raiders fan who argued that Raiders didn't have to drastically overspend for FAs because it's the team players are least likely to sign with.

JABEE

Jeff McLane
"Reports" the #Eagles swapped 1st rd picks w/ Dolphins and also received a 4th rd pick are erroneous, I'm told. Patience, young Skywalkers.

In this draft? Eh it's a deep defensive draft, with very little elite talent, I'm more pissed about the 4th pick

ok? i'm not saying you can't find a good player at either 8 or 13, but to just brush it off and say ehhhh it's more or less the same, no biggie! isn't accurate

You find busts and starters all over the 1st round and certainly in the top 15. Getting more picks in the first few rounds is a better strategy to get a good player than moving 5 slots.

disagreed. that 4th or whatever they pick up is very likely to do nothing in the league (just by the numbers)

yep

Exactly, slot doesn't matter if your grades are shit.

but then at that point why bother having higher picks? why bother having picks at all, your drafting is shit so who cares? bottom line is you want to have a higher pick. we can show examples throughout history of a 13 pick outperforming an 8 pick and vice versa. you would never want the lower pick, especially considering you got 1 junk player and 1 injury prone player who didn't know how to properly run the defense.... AND you tack on their contracts on top of that.

stupid trade for the dolphins on paper but only time can tell for sure!

as for kap, if we trade him for a 4th i'll be kind of pissed. i think he has a good chance to succeed with kelly but he's too butthurt to take the chance. he can say he is upset about being benched but what did he expect? he was fucking terrible.

Please be true. I want IRGIII in SF so bad.

pls no blarry! haven't we suffered enough!?

actually, i wouldn't mind bringing rg3 in. i've always liked him as a qb and he got a raw deal in washington. i know he contributed to it but i dont give a shit. bring him in and see what happens i say (if we are getting rid of kap that is)

It'll stop you from being a rams fan?

Maybe....

ok? i'm not saying you can't find a good player at either 8 or 13, but to just brush it off and say ehhhh it's more or less the same, no biggie! isn't accurate

disagreed. that 4th or whatever they pick up is very likely to do nothing in the league (just by the numbers)

In this particular draft I don't think it's that big of a deal, if you have a player you want who'll be there at 13th why not trade down from the 8th? I was fine with Miami trading down anyways, this is a weak elite class anyways.

Glad Bears didn't sign Malik for 15 million per year. Sad that the Packers might sign Forte.

Who was that delusional Raiders fan who argued that Raiders didn't have to drastically overspend for FAs because it's the team players are least likely to sign with.

Wasn't me, but the market for Osemele was thought to be 10+ all along

Top Bottom