• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

5/62.5 for Janoris Jenkins?

Lmfao

He coming for your strip clubs Futurevoid. Get ready.
JJstripclub.jpg

JABEE

Hooray

Howard Eskin
Sources tell me #Dolphins will clear Byron Maxwell on Physical and trade w #Eagles will go thru and be completed. @FOX29philly

MechDX

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2h2 hours ago
Another big day at Broncos HQ. Assessing multiple QB options in case Brock walks. Broncos want no part of a bidding war with Houston.

Oh and:

eLxnBew.jpg

Welp

gutshot

Maxwell's agent just confirmed that the Dolphins are clearing him of his physical and the trade will go through. Crisis averted.

EDIT: Of course, this doesn't mean that the terms of the deal remain the same. First round swap might not happen now.

Maxwell is climbing to the top of my shit list. This dude was going to spring this on the Eagles during training camp and get himself out of playing the whole season. What a douche bag

The radio in Philly was saying what happened was Maxwell hurt his shoulder last year, he missed the last 2 games because of it. The team doctors told him it was just a sprain and that it would heal with rest, it hasnt gotten any better but Maxwell never told the team. If the deal doesnt go through with the Fins I wonder if the Eagles would release him, I assume that there must be some language in contracts about having to report injuries.

The radio in Philly was saying what happened was Maxwell hurt his shoulder last year, he missed the last 2 games because of it. The team doctors told him it was just a sprain and that it would heal with rest, it hasnt gotten any better but Maxwell never told the team. If the deal doesnt go through with the Fins I wonder if the Eagles would release him, I assume that there must be some language in contracts about having to report injuries.

Another Revolutionary Kelly move!

Fuck I really was hoping the Vikebikes would get Iloka.

Reggie Nelson would be okay but Iloka would have been a long term key piece next to Harrison because of his age.

Boone? Any word on him? They still need an upgrade at guard.

Is everybody gonna overpay everybody? Because if that's the case, we will not sign anybody.

TV money equals higher cap equals players getting paid more. Cap will continue to rise, too. Calls of overpaying this and that are overblown from all sides. This is the new normal. Especially for teams desperate to fill holes.

Need to see the breakdown but Jenkins got paid.

29 million in guaranteed money. Franchise tag for CB market was 14 million. Jenkins is the 7th highest paid corner in the league with that money.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
TV money equals higher cap equals players getting paid more. Cap will continue to rise, too. Calls of overpaying this and that are overblown from all sides. This is the new normal. Especially for teams desperate to fill holes.

29 million in guaranteed money. Franchise tag for CB market was 14 million. Jenkins is the 7th highest paid corner in the league with that money.

Yeah I thought we were on a thread consensus a few months ago on this?

There are so many teams out there with just an enormous amount of cap space and not nearly enough free agent talent to go around.

squicken

If this dude costs PHI Hargreaves ... Hopefully they terms are unaltered

I dont understand what anything that I initially typed up had to do with the fact that Chip signed him. Are you saying that Chip should have known that the Eagles team doctors would misdiagnose an injury at the end of the season and that Maxwell would be upset with the team and not tell them? Boy that Chip really sucks at being clairvoyant.

Bolded.

Your post was just a jumping off point.

Also, Squick you shit on Roseman but him managing to dump all this dead weight and actually get some return was a masterstroke. I see why the Eagles kept him.

Whoever signs Olivier Vernon is going to overpay big time for a slightly above average 4-3 DE. Don't expect big sack production or a consistent run stopper. Really the buzz around him just shows me how desperate teams are for pass rushers (and how poorly supplied the market is).

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 18s18 seconds ago
I have confirmed what Maxwell's agent tweeted: Trade will go forward as planned, no changes, Maxwell shoulder OK.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 16s17 seconds ago
Dolphins source says the Byron Maxwell/Kiko Alonso deal with Philly will indeed go through now.

gutshot

If this dude costs PHI Hargreaves ... Hopefully they terms are unaltered

Les Bowen is reporting the terms of the deal were unaltered, despite Maxwell's shoulder problems. However, he doesn't know the exact terms himself. I believe it was Ed Werder who initially reported that the 1st round pick swap was part of the deal, but he also reported that the deal was dead. So who knows what to believe.

I'm still highly skeptical that the pick swap is part of the deal. It just makes the trade way too lopsided in the Eagles favor.

It's official!

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 14s14 seconds ago
The trade for Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell has officially been finalized. Won't be announced till league year beings at 4 p.m.

Top Bottom