• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

It was hilariously awkward this morning on Mike & Mike when Greenberg clearly knew nothing about this and was touting Hasselback as a potential veteran QB option for some teams and Schefter was all "Nah bro". It was obvious Schefter knew about this, but couldn't say anything on air.

Hasselbeck was worse than Manning. At least Manning could stay on the field.

gutshot

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly
The Dolphins have asked Brent Grimes if he'd be willing to stay. Damage is done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Johnson visited the Giants and the Buccaneers before taking a one-year, $3 million deal to return to Carolina, and said it was a conversation with Reese that convinced him.

Johnson told the Panthers’ official website that during his visit, he asked Reese if he’d leave for a job with another team for more money.

“He started as an intern and now he’s the G.M. for the Giants. He saw everything that happened – championships and all that. He said he wouldn’t trade that for the world,” Johnson said. “When he said that, I just thought to myself, ‘I’ve been here the longest. And all I’ve asked for is an opportunity. So how can I turn away from my team and the family that’s in Charlotte – how can I turn away?’

“That overweighed everything. I wanted to be happy, and I literally couldn’t imagine signing with them. This place raised me.”

I hear Full House music reading this

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 27s27 seconds ago
Malik Jackson: $85.5M, $10M sign bonus, $42M gted, salaries $8M (gtd), $13.5M (gtd), $14.5M (gtd injury at signing), $13M, $13.75M, $13.75M

Damn. Is he really worth that much?

Fantomex

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly
The Dolphins have asked Brent Grimes if he'd be willing to stay. Damage is done.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

I can't even

Oliver Vernon is now a FA. Dolphins pulled the tag.

So Tanenbaum has decided to resign Wake most likely, a 34 year old DE coming off an Achilles injury, and has released Vernon who is 25 years old and hasn't peaked yet.

giphy.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Marvin Jones is a good signing.

Line_HTX

There are like, no extraordinary QB's in either free agency or draft.

Fucking wish they'd be better than just play in the Wild Card.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think Brock is signing with Houston and I dont know how to feel.

Has lots of upside so there's potential there.

Basically he's a sort of unknown quantity (like you'd say about Mallett) so it's just another year of experimenting to see what you get!

They'll give Tim his walking papers now that they got the one they've always wanted.

I was just thinking that Matt probably wanted Tim's contract guaranteed for a few years or something after getting hired. It'd be kinda shitty to get your brother fired from his job just because you're more famous.

Top Bottom