• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

giphy.gif

Time for an afternoon nap

JPP essentially got 8.5 million guaranteed for his 1 year deal with the Giants. I like it.

Giants offered Mario Williams and Charles Johnson 6 million.

MechDX

Les BowenVerified account
‏@LesBowen
Source: Maxwell went to Miami for physical, told Dolphins’ doc he couldn’t do bench press or pushups. Told Eagles he was fine at end of year

Haha! Maxwell fucked the Eagles.

If the conception in the media that the Dolphins were getting jobbed gave them cold feet, how angry are the Eagles right now at that Benjamin Albright who leaked the terms?

Jon

Les Bowen said:
Source: Maxwell went to Miami for physical, told Dolphins’ doc he couldn’t do bench press or pushups. Told Eagles he was fine at end of year

I owe the Dolphins an apology, looks like this is on Maxwell after all. I guess he was just going to spring this on the team at OTAs and get surgery then, opposed to getting it taken care of in the offseason.

Pepiope

I owe the Dolphins an apology, looks like this is on Maxwell after all. I guess he was just going to spring this on the team at OTAs and get surgery then, opposed to getting it taken care of in the offseason.
Ya was he planning on screwing us over to get out of playing? Wtf? Fuck that guy. Seahawks come get your boy!

Pepiope

Smh Maxwell that's some unprofessional shite right there
I wonder if the Eagles can legally walk away from that contract with him pulling some shit like that.

Or maybe Miami is still down for the deal. One rumor says they're just looking further into the shoulder.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
TexansGAF what's the consensus on this Osweiler shenanigans? I trust your knowledge of football far more than my own.

Coming from a Broncos fan, we really haven't seen enough. He only played 7 games last season, he was decent, but was eventually benched for Peyton Manning during a game. However, he did do enough (plus the defense) to go 5-2. The one game that might stand out the most so far is the Steelers game where the Broncos were up big at halftime and ended up losing that game. Be it from the coaching or the QB (Oz) not adjusting to the changes the Steelers made.

The problem is the going rate for other mediocre QBs getting large pay days is driving up the price for Oz, when honestly, he hasn't shown that he deserves 15+ a season.

It's ultimately going to come down to the fact that does he either rde with the Broncos a for a few seasons (the offer is 3yr/15m per), potentially starting in the playoffs/Super Bowl or sign elsewhere and start over with a new coaching staff/scheme. He apparently is not fond of Kubes' system, so that may also play a factor in it.

There's also the other rumor that he and the Broncos have not negotiated since their initial offer.

Shit is going to get real this afternoon.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants..

Jenkins deal will likely be big. Like Maxwell deal big. Vernon will get overplayed as well if the Giants grab him, too.

Also:

Grab Snacks, a safety and a RT and it will have been a seemingly productive FA period.

Yeah exactly what I said to my boys here at work. Need safety help and a DT. Vernon would be nice but the draft is stacked with pass rushing talent and we still need OL help.

Happy with Janoris, a guy that can actually stay on the field.

gutshot

I'm shocked that the deal really did include a first round pick swap. Like I said, I don't think I've ever seen that happen this far out from the draft before. I wonder if the Eagles are targeting someone specific or was this simply a case of may as well do it if the Dolphins are offering it?

squicken

Maxwell is climbing to the top of my shit list. This dude was going to spring this on the Eagles during training camp and get himself out of playing the whole season. What a douche bag

gutshot

In before Kas tells how great Marvin Jones is and how him and Golden Tate are going to be the best WR duo in the league this year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
In before Kas tells how great Marvin Jones is and how him and Golden Tate are going to be the best WR duo in the league this year.

Marvin Jones is the new Megatron.

Clearly the best WR duo in the NFL under the guiding gaze and strong arms of one future hall of fame quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Trade side note: Kiko Alonso, also part of deal, passed his physical, had dinner with coaches last nite and flew home this morn. All good.

— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) March 9, 2016

And Maxwell already updated his Twitter bio to "The Current CB for Miami Dolphins"

lmao

MechDX

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 2m2 minutes ago
Four years ago today, Redskins traded three 1st-round picks and a 2nd-rounder to Rams for the right to draft RGIII, now a free agent.

C'mon Rams! Sign him just for the lulz

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s20 seconds ago
Dolphins have pulled the transition tag on LB/DE on Olivier Vernon, per source. Now a free agent. Will command big dollars.

MechDX

Dammit I hate fake Twitter accounts this time of year

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Bengals are closing in on a deal with star S George Iloka, source said. They should keep one of their own.

IIoka off the board

gutshot

Albert Breer ✔ ‎@AlbertBreer
Still a good chance that Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso land with Dolphins, I'm told. But a lot of moving pieces (comp, contract) involved.

I mean, how awkward would it be to have to bring Maxwell and Alonso back after trying to get rid of them? This will get done, although I'm guessing the Eagles are going to get less than they originally planned.

Top Bottom