• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

I wonder if she will take a pic with me at the game

thumb.aspx

Dat House of Cards finale tho
That was good. So much better than freaking 3.

I'm hoping we see Claire break the fourth wall more. I'm so glad that they made it more of a point to have those moments as it let me connect to Frank more.

I wonder if she will take a pic with me at the game

thumb.aspx
FMT is now a rams fan

idk I really think Howie may have just called the two dumbest teams he knew to see if he could dump Murray and Maxwell, and Miami outdid themselves and actually added a pick swap
I'm honestly proud that we aren't that big of a bunch of fuckups. Is that how normal sports fans feel?

squicken

Les Bowen is reporting the terms of the deal were unaltered, despite Maxwell's shoulder problems. However, he doesn't know the exact terms himself. I believe it was Ed Werder who initially reported that the 1st round pick swap was part of the deal, but he also reported that the deal was dead. So who knows what to believe.

I'm still highly skeptical that the pick swap is part of the deal. It just makes the trade way too lopsided in the Eagles favor.

idk I really think Howie may have just called the two dumbest teams he knew to see if he could dump Murray and Maxwell, and Miami outdid themselves and actually added a pick swap

Duxxy3

Best case scenario for Pats today

Sign Bilal Powell
Sign Mohamed Sanu
Tender offer for CJ Anderson or sign Matt Forte
Re-sign Ebner
Re-sign Wendell

Out of all of that I'd say Powell and Ebner are most likely.

gutshot

Hopefully that is true. I'm just not ready to believe anything until it is confirmed officially. I still have bad memories of their reportedly being a first round pick swap in the Bradford deal last year and getting all excited thinking it was a precursor to the Eagles moving up for Mariota.

squicken

Hopefully that is true. I'm just not ready to believe anything until it is confirmed officially. I still have bad memories of their reportedly being a first round pick swap in the Bradford deal last year and getting all excited thinking it was a precursor to the Eagles moving up for Mariota.

Schefter confirmed pick swap on TV. Picking 8 now

Wes

venison crêpe
Are Eagles just moving up to 8 for the sake of it (as in, why the hell not?) or are they targeting someone?

They're not after a QB and my impression was there were less than half a dozen top tier talents this year, all of which would likely be gone by 8, even if Goff and Wentz are off the board.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I honestly have no clue what the Packers want to do today.

I'm guessing that TT will turn into Ron Swanson and try to do as little as possible.

Are Eagles just moving up to 8 for the sake of it (as in, why the hell not?) or are they targeting someone?

They're not after a QB and my impression was there were less than half a dozen top tier talents this year, all of which would likely be gone by 8, even if Goff and Wentz are off the board.

Right but they basically moved up for nothing

Hindl

There's been rumors of targeting one of Miles Jack, Stanley, or Hargreaves. It's all hearsay, but all three of them are in positions of need and at least one would probably fall to 8

Draxal

Very deep secondary draft, probably a corner or defensivee end.

Field Yates
‏@FieldYates
Ravens G Marshal Yanda converted $5.3M of his $6.19M base salary of 2016 into a signing bonus, creating $3.975M of cap space, per source.

Can someone explain to me how this works, and why more teams aren't doing this? I assume this is the player basically getting their entire year salary in one lump, which the player would like, and the team gets cap relief. Is it not win/win?

Jon

Ronnie Stanley most likely. Need to sure up the line with Peters on his way towards Canton.

squicken

Brock drama is fascinating. So many leaks and smokescreens. I get impression no one is breaking the bank for him, but who knows? He may make $20m/yr from Houston

MechDX

Can someone explain to me how this works, and why more teams aren't doing this? I assume this is the player basically getting their entire year salary in one lump, which the player would like, and the team gets cap relief. Is it not win/win?

Lot of teams do it frequently

So this fool got played by Howie, realized he got played by Howie, took a breath to think about it, and went through with the trade anyway.

Wow. Sorry Dolphins

I sort of wonder what teams will go for Goff and Wentz. Cleveland and the 49ers? If so the Eagles are one pick away from the 49ers.

gutshot

Geoff Mosher
@GeoffMosherNFL
I'm hearing #Eagles deal that sent DeMarco Murray to TEN involves teams swapping 4th round picks. Would move Eagles to top of 4th round.

Howie does it again.

Wes

venison crêpe
I sort of wonder what teams will go for Goff and Wentz. Cleveland and the 49ers? If so the Eagles are one pick away from the 49ers.

Lesser options could be Chargers or Cowboys but I don't see it. A Rams trade up?

If Browns take Goff, 49ers may not necessarily take Wentz, in which case #8 becomes a nice spot for the Rams to trade up perhaps?

Hindl

So what's the downside? Why isn't every team doing this with their highest paid players each season to make space?

Well won't the bonus be prorated over the entire contract? So wouldn't that make it harder to walk away from players in the later parts of their contract if they underperform since there's more guaranteed money later in the contract?

LOL, Eagles might trade up with 49ers like the movie draft day.

No, but they probably think Chip will do something dumb, and maybe it'll fall to them. I wouldn't start Wentz or Goff this year no matter what, I'd just let them sit behind Bradford for a year and get used to the NFL, so if it's a direction they took I wouldn't be against it personally.

They clearly don't see Bradford as their franchise guy. They didn't give him a franchise QB contract. I don't think he's around next year unless he has to be.

I wanted Marvin Jones

I would love Sanu, wanted him out of college before we become Rutgers crazy. Check mah post history.

I think I'm playing it safe and not letting future free agency ruin one of my jerseys. So I've decided to go with the Eric Dickerson away jersey. What do you guys think?

You're really leaving our beloved AFC East, friend? Gonna miss you Bruh, I hope you find happiness in LA! And with regards to the jersey: Looks fantastic. Can't go wrong with those colors.

Top Bottom