• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Yeah, we should have 9/11 starters returning on the D. I don't think they'll be as dominant as last year, but good enough.

We need some offense to make up for the inevitable regression. I think Kaep could do it. As could Brock. Fine either way.

Kaps biggest problem is with short accuracy and decision making. If your coaches are smart they will roll him out a ton, give him one read of go type plays.

Hunter S.

The best.

Delivered a fatass L to the undefeated Pats last year. That's worth $15M everyday.

American Beauty.

200_s.gif

Kaps biggest problem is with short accuracy and decision making. If your coaches are smart they will roll him out a ton, give him one read of go type plays.

That's what Kubes likes to do, lot of stretch runs, boot action, simple edge reads for Kap. Kinda scares me a little. I'd prefer Brock stays there myself.

If you honestly dont like Brady supporting the crazy racist why does it matter if the crazy racist wins the election or not? I really dont get the distinction.

If he wins, Brady his "support" no matter how much of it is actually political, possible could have helped him.

If he loses, then it doesn't matter either way.

Godslay

Banned
That's what Kubes likes to do, lot of stretch runs, boot action, simple edge reads for Kap. Kinda scares me a little. I'd prefer Brock stays there myself.

Brock can do all that, and is probably a better pocket passer...

But Kaep would take it to another level.

Both have pros and cons.

If he wins, Brady his "support" no matter how much of it is actually political, possible could have helped him.

If he loses, then it doesn't matter either way.

Just to be clear, Brady supporting a racist nut job who wants to kick out all the Muslims and build a wall around American to keep the Mexicans out is cool as long as that guy doesnt win.

At first I was like, should we take an o-linemen or pass rusher if Zeke falls to us? Then I was like nah. Take the best player available.
He probably can block better than most of the current Indy line.

The best example is this.

Watch him.. Not Braxton.. He does that shit constantly and goes out to lay the wood. Excellent at blocking.

Brock can do all that, and is probably a better pocket passer...

But Kaep would take it to another level.

Both have pros and cons.

brock is nowhere near the athlete that kap is. not even in the same galaxy. as for accuracy, i don't know. kap is junk because he has no touch and only throws at one speed. he also, for some reason, refuses to check down.

anyhow, i'll be kind of pissed if we trade him for a 4th. i'd rather just let him fucking rot away if he's going to be a bitch about it

gutshot

One of the things I heard about him is he has bad ball skills, He only had 5 ints in 4 full season. I hope it works out.

Apparently he has good range and recognition, but his lack of size and athletic ability means he isn't getting a ton of INTs. I'm fine with that tbh. Just give me a safety that can play single high and not get beat over the top and I'm good.

effzee

I dont get this at all. Thurmond was so good last year but they seem to have no interest in resigning him at all.

Yeah not sure about this signing but I know with Thurmond, he was basically an extra corner out there playing Safety.

Clearly with Schwartz they want a more traditional safety.

I wanted Thurmond back too.

effzee

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m4 minutes ago

I've been saying since season ended I expect Tom Savage to be Texans' opening day starter and young QB will play when OB says he's ready.

Young QB?

Isn't Savage himself entering his 2nd or 3rd year?

Antonio Gates ‏@AntonioGates85 4m4 minutes ago

Happy to remain a @Chargers . My intentions have always been to retire in San Diego . No place I'd rather be. Best Fans and organization.

Best Fans? SD?

Godslay

Banned
brock is nowhere near the athlete that kap is. not even in the same galaxy. as for accuracy, i don't know. kap is junk because he has no touch and only throws at one speed. he also, for some reason, refuses to check down.

anyhow, i'll be kind of pissed if we trade him for a 4th. i'd rather just let him fucking rot away if he's going to be a bitch about it

I understand. Brock is mobile enough to do what the offense requires in this case. That's why I said Kaep takes it to another level.

Hindl

Apparently he has good range and recognition, but his lack of size and athletic ability means he isn't getting a ton of INTs. I'm fine with that tbh. Just give me a safety that can play single high and not get beat over the top and I'm good.

Yeah sounds like he's not an INT machine, but forces a lot of fumbles and tackles hard. And he's good against the run. Considering we had the worst ranked run D I like this signing. Especially since Walt is walking

Eric from BBI is tentatively saying Snacks to the Giants.
Hope its true and not another alarm for no reason. Snacks would be the better signing over Vernon. Two different animals but a better player and would immediately upgrade our run defense.

Where do you see that? Sure it wasn't a fake account? Not seeing it on his timeline.
It was reported on NFLN but it appears its not 100% as of yet. *I* may have jumped the gun on that one so my bad.:)

Draxal

Hope its true and not another alarm for no reason. Snacks would be the better signing over Vernon. Two different animals but a better player and would immediately upgrade our run defense.

Ayup, he's taken shit for the false alarm on Vernon, so he's a bit gunshy now. But Hankins/Snacks in the middle would be oomph.

It would also give the Giants flexibility in going to some 3/4 fronts (well if they actually had linebackers worth a damn).

You beat the Pats last year! You are all good people!
And gave you all home field..
They are truly good people.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN
The roster purge is on. This is a complete overhaul that is underway; team is essentially starting over.

# Browns should get 3-4 compensatory picks in 2017 with the presumed loss of the 4 UFAs - which could then be traded next year.....

While it might seem like # Browns don't have a plan, trust me they do.

Hm.
Part of me believed that was the plan.. The issue I have is if they can replace what they lost.. That's what is always the rub as they never can.

Wes

venison crêpe
The roster purge is on. This is a complete overhaul that is underway; team is essentially starting over.

# Browns should get 3-4 compensatory picks in 2017 with the presumed loss of the 4 UFAs - which could then be traded next year.....

Hm.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
:jnc

You've been reading 'ms paint for pros' by Greg, haven't you?

I don't want to spend more than a few minutes making a custom image because I'm lazy like that. I almost didn't even take out Molyneaux's body.

Besides, who wants to put Printer Paper out of a job?

I miss Bitch Kitty. Why have you forsaken me Kave?!?!

Kave has forsaken you like the Cleve has forsaken winning in sports. It's just the way of things.

Hm.

The Browns plan consists of doing just enough to keep season ticket holders buying tickets

jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 26m26 minutes ago
Bob Condotta Retweeted Rich Eisen
Four years after drafting a punter 5 spots ahead of where Russell Wilson was taken, Jags signing a free agent punter

The Jags might never live that move down.

Striker

Ayup, he's taken shit for the false alarm on Vernon, so he's a bit gunshy now. But Hankins/Snacks in the middle would be oomph.

It would also give the Giants flexibility in going to some 3/4 fronts (well if they actually had linebackers worth a damn).
Worried about his price tag at all?

Top Bottom