• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Fantomex

I kind of already hate this Maxwell/Alonso trade. Like, a lot.

Hi friend. We have a lot of room for you here in Ramsland

T25oXhX2paXXXXXXXX_!!1752431380.jpg_430x430q90.jpg

Tolzien visiting Colts

Luck's days are numbered

Ez is no doubt signing up for Colts-Gaf as we speak.;)

Please dont. Who cares who the fuck was first. I like that you put actual info into your reports.
I'm happy to. Just didn't want to be redundant if the thread felt that was the case. I'm posting this shit in between doing stuff at work so yeah - at times I may not be the quickest on the draw, unfortunately.

Adam Schefter is a fucking thug. I don't fuck with his tweets, I don't fuck with his sources, I don't fuck with his boyish good looks, I don't fuck with him! Wait till I hit his ass with a lawsuit.
200w.gif

Florio has a breakdown of the Chase Daniels contract:

The base value of quarterback Chase Daniel’s deal in Philadelphia over the next three years amounts to $21 million. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Daniel can earn up to $15 million more in incentives and escalators.

At a minimum, Daniel gets a $6 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary, fully guaranteed for skill, injury, and cap. Daniel has a $7 million base salary for 2017, $5 million of which is fully guaranteed at signing. In 2017, Daniel has a non-guaranteed base salary of $7 million.

That equates to cap numbers of $3 million in 2016, $9 million in 2017, and $9 million in 2018.

Here’s where it gets interesting. Daniel can earn up to $7.5 million in incentives based on 70 percent playing time and eight wins, nine wins, and a playoff berth with at least 10 wins. He gets the full $7.5 million if the Eagles win at least 10 games each of the next three years, and if they make the playoffs each of the next three years.

Another $3.75 million is available based on passing yards, with the magic number being 3,500. If he does it each of the next three years, he’ll make the full amount. The last $3.75 million comes from throwing at least 19 touchdown passes. Again, if Daniel does it each of the next three years, he gets the full amount.

If Daniel wins the starting job this year, and if he holds it through 2016, he has a good chance of earning the $7.5 million from passing yardage and touchdown passes. Significant team success will be required before the other $7.5 million is earned.

As a practical matter, the Eagles would likely rip up the remainder of the deal and give Daniel a new contract during or after the 2017 season, if he wins the starting job from Sam Bradford and carries it through the second year of Daniel’s deal. Regardless, the terms show that the two sides are at least contemplating the possibility of Daniel securing the job that the Eagles presumably signed Bradford to do.

So to get the full money he needs to win 10 games as starter each of the next 3 years, and the Eagles need to make the playoffs. Surprised they didnt throw in a clause for him being voted world president.

Deacon is being a little deacon. Shocking! I appreciate your efforts, my friend!
I appreciate that. I honestly didn't take offense to his statement though hence why I asked the question. I could post animu pictures instead! ;)

What's the point of even putting that shit in a contract unless Chase Daniel is 99% sure that he's going to be the starter?
Sam Bradford's health. That's not a knock, either. Bradford's history dictates that you'd be an utter moron not to take those types of escalators being built into the contract. He may well end up the starter at some point.

So has there been any word on a deal for Weddle? I thought he'd go immediately.

I know I said he was too old but if the Steelers could get him for a reasonable price I would be all over that.

I know I said he was too old but if the Steelers could get him for a reasonable price I would be all over that.

Nope. Some rumors of him visiting the Steelers but nothing aside from that. Likely a third wave of FA type of guy at this point. The safety market hasn't been nearly as high priced as I thought it was going to be. I don't think he's going to cost an arm or a leg to bring in.

So much for spending all the cap on the defensive line.
Giants still have 26 milllion left in cap space after the spending spree. Though Ranaan says they will not be active in the second wave of FA. Look for them to jump in on lower key signings from here. They also need a little over 6 million for rookie contracts after the draft.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I demand that NFLN cut away to the Ladrius Green press conference!

e -

Waiting for Colbert to restructure some contracts and cut Cortez. Hurry the fuck up, Kevin!

Fantomex

How did so many people living in LA become Dolphins fans?

In the 80s, Football teams were covered by Univision a lot. Univision had a HQ in Miami and Los Angeles. They had a lot of rights coverage to the Dolphins highlights due to that contract. Whenever there was news, you would get Lakers, Raiders, Rams, Dodgers and Dolphins. At least that's how I was exposed to them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dom Rinelli ‏@drinelli 11m11 minutes ago

Newly signed #Steelers Ladarius Green ranks 2nd among all NFL tight ends with a 14.1 yards per catch average since 2013 (73 - 1,031).

CdNif3UWAAA7JaJ.jpg

Look at this handsome fellow. Finally, a big play threat for the Steelers.

Top Bottom