• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I like how Shannon Sharpe put it, in that you can blame it on being benched or being handcuffed at the line, but Osweiler had $37M reasons to leave. Easy choice to get paid.
it was like a whole 6 or 7 million over what the broncos offered wasn't it?

What if Savage beats out Osweiler, ala Russ knocking off Flynn?

How crazy would that be.
wouldnt be that big of a deal they can release Brock in 2018 for dead money hit 6 million.

CdNo4aiWwAAqRiQ.jpg:large

New York Giants ‏@Giants 3m3 minutes ago
Jenkins said his relationship with CB coach Tim Walton was a big reason he signed with the Giants.

Walton was his coach in St. Louis.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 3m3 minutes ago New York, USA
Janoris Jenkins says he wants to "build a family vibe on the defensive side of the ball.''

Afrikan

Dom Rinelli ‏@drinelli 11m11 minutes ago

Newly signed #Steelers Ladarius Green ranks 2nd among all NFL tight ends with a 14.1 yards per catch average since 2013 (73 - 1,031).

CdNif3UWAAA7JaJ.jpg

Look at this handsome fellow. Finally, a big play threat for the Steelers.

all the Steelers ever needed in Madden was a TE who could get separation.... I don't think it has ever happened. They always had slow TEs in Madden.

Next year I can see teams like the Broncos (if Kap) and Steelers being mainly used in Madden online.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
wouldnt be that big of a deal they can release Brock in 2018 for dead money hit 6 million.

The real concern you should have is that Brock is just good enough to get to around 9-10 wins every year with some decent numbers, but isn't great or elite. Then you're stuck in Stafford-ville.

For you Eagles fans:

‏@EliotShorrParks
Pederson says Daniel is coming in as a backup. "A no. 2" #Eagles

That was retweeted by Garafolo. Reiterated here:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33s33 seconds ago
#Eagles coach Doug Pederson says that Sam Bradford is his no. 1 QB, Chase Daniel is No. 2. I'm sure that'll close the issue (not really)

Hindl

For you Eagles fans:

That was retweeted by Garafolo.

Sounds about right. Although if there's a QB competition I'm fine with it. I think Bradford would win, but if he can't beat out Chase Daniel he has no reason to start. And as has been said he's an insurance policy for Bradford. Ignoring Bradford's injury history, the Eagles haven't made it through the season with 1 QB in god knows how long. Add in his injuries and I expect Sam to miss time

SonnyBoy

Wow, the Giants are paying Harrison $10M/year and he's typically only a 2 down player. That's a lot of money. Dude was an UDFA too, he really hit pay dirt.

squicken

I'm sure the Eagles will have some smaller moves, but so far I like the big moves of getting Brooks and dumping Maxwell and Murray. Guys have to care. You can't have loafers out there, especially if they are highly paid. So dumping the salaries and moving up even a little is enough for me

McCleod we will see. What is the plan with he and Jenkins? Is Jenkins a safety and slot guy? Or SS? Jenkins has great instincts so letting he and Hicks freelance a little closer to the LoS is a good idea

The other moves I see as more as depth. I don't see what was so bad about Carroll and Thurmond. The scheme was the issue last year as far as the DBs. The talent issue was at LB

Wow, the Giants are paying Harrison $10M/year and he's typically only a 2 down player. That's a lot of money. Dude was an UDFA too, he really hit pay dirt.
Giants have always rotated in lineman and moved pieces around. No different here and much like the Vernon contract - Harrison can be cut after two years with very little cap implication after the 20 million guaranteed money. If they designate him a post-June 1st cut. its 1.6 million in dead money to cut him loose if he doesn't live up to the contract in 2018. Snacks is a damn good player though so I worry far less about him than Vernon.

http://overthecap.com/player/damon-harrison/978/

Same shit for Jenkins. 28 million full guaranteed the first two years and then he's completely cuttable for very little in dead money (2 million post-June 1st designation):

http://overthecap.com/player/janoris-jenkins/1328

Years in though and people still go slackjawed about insane contract numbers leaked by agents, etc. These are all two year deals and little else. Yeah its big money up front but the Giants came into the day with 60 million to spend and still have nearly 30 left over. They aren't hurting for cap space to build a team.

Godslay

Banned
it was like a whole 6 or 7 million over what the broncos offered wasn't it?

Elway set his offer, and the Texans went over it. He wasn't willing to pay what the Texans did, so Brock took the bigger deal for more guaranteed money. Which is perfectly inline with what Shannon said. Money talks.

If Elway and Kubes aren't willing to escalate a deal that high for Oz, I'm fine with that.

If he didn't like Kubes that's fine too, Kubes hardware speaks for itself.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants have always rotated in lineman and moved pieces around. No different here and much like the Vernon contract - Harrison can be cut after two years with very little cap implication after the 20 million guaranteed money. If they designate him a post-June 1st cut. its 1.6 million in dead money to cut him loose if he doesn't live up to the contract in 2018. Snacks is a damn good player though so I worry far less about him than Vernon.

http://overthecap.com/player/damon-harrison/978/

Same shit for Jenkins. 28 million full guaranteed the first two years and then he's completely cuttable for very little in dead money (2 million post-June 1st designation):

http://overthecap.com/player/janoris-jenkins/1328

Years in though and people still go slackjawed about insane contract numbers leaked by agents, etc. These are all two year deals and little else. Yeah its big money up front but the Giants came into the day with 60 million to spend and still have nearly 30 left over. They aren't hurting for cap space to build a team.

I have been impressed with Reese's management of the cap, at least

squicken

I'd be happy with Benny Cunningham and 7/11.

Maybe throw in Weddle for the old white safety swag

Cunningham would be a great signing. I always thought the Rams wasted his ability. He can't carry it 20 times a game every week, but he's a good runner and receiver. Blocking is better now than when he first came in the league

Afrikan

@MMehtaNYDN
Jets involvement/interest in Colin Kaepernick best described as this at this point: NYJ believes he's headed to the Broncos.

VERY Happy for Kap if he ends up going there.

Going from our Shitty situation with no Oline and shitty FO...from that to the Broncos....well I would think the phone call from his agent would be like the same feeling when a player gets drafted by a team.

with the player and his family celebration in the background.

edit- Maybe Elway and Kube will let him be the gun slinger he once was... before Harbaugh and Roman neutered him. :/

Tannehill gonna throw the most INT's by throwing 50 times per game.

;P

Tannehill has never had an issue with INT

So do the Dolphins have a runningback or is Tannehill just gonna throw the ball 50 times per game again.

They are supposed to extend an offer to CJ, hope that works out, they have very similar numbers (though different type of players) otherwise we'll probably draft.

Afrikan

The AFC West could be the new NFC West for the forcible future. Should be entertaining.

with QBs like

Kaepernick + Great defense
Alex Smith (hate him or not, his teams still win) + Great Defense
Derek Carr + improved Raiders team with a potentially monster pass rush

um.... Phillip Rivers and the Chargers? (they'll be the like the Rams)

Tannehill has never had an issue with INT

They are supposed to extend an offer to CJ, hope that works out, they have very similar numbers (though different type of players) otherwise we'll probably draft.

Just seems so odd to go through all of this when Dolphins already had Miller. Not like he was asking for crazy numbers either. I can't understand what they were thinking letting him walk.

Tannehill gonna throw the most INT's by throwing 50 times per game.

;P

Texans fans feeling themselves all of a sudden smh.

Top Bottom