• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Just seems so odd to go through all of this when Dolphins already had Miller. Not like he was asking for crazy numbers either. I can't understand what they were thinking letting him walk.

Texans fans feeling themselves all of a sudden smh.

Well apparently he's going to be cheaper (4 million range) don't know why he's going to be cheaper and I'm with you I'd rather have kept Miller at 6.5 Million I mean we have 39 Million in cap right now and most high priced FA are already taken, so unless we're going to drop a brinks truck on a guard (for no reason) I don't see why we couldn't have just kept Miller....rooting for this team and not being an alcoholic is an accomplishment imo

How'd Tannehill do against the Texans last season?

Please use extreme detail in your answer.

:jnc

gutshot

I'm sure the Eagles will have some smaller moves, but so far I like the big moves of getting Brooks and dumping Maxwell and Murray. Guys have to care. You can't have loafers out there, especially if they are highly paid. So dumping the salaries and moving up even a little is enough for me

McCleod we will see. What is the plan with he and Jenkins? Is Jenkins a safety and slot guy? Or SS? Jenkins has great instincts so letting he and Hicks freelance a little closer to the LoS is a good idea

The other moves I see as more as depth. I don't see what was so bad about Carroll and Thurmond. The scheme was the issue last year as far as the DBs. The talent issue was at LB

McLeod has more range so he'll probably be playing deep mostly with Jenkins going from being the second deep guy in Cover-2 looks, to playing the slot in nickel/dime, or up on the line as run support.

I still have hope they'll bring back one of Carroll or Thurmond, if not both. I also expect them to draft a CB early next month. Rowe, McKelvin, Brooks is a really underwhelming stable of starting CBs.

So how about this question. Did AJ Mccarron show enough in his stint behind Dalton to warrant trade rumors?

I only really saw him in the two games he played against us, and we beat him both times.

Just sort of wondering aloud whether a team like Denver or NYJ would give Cincy a call about him, or whether he's in backup-ville. I mean, hell, Brock just got a boatload for looking average in 7 games...

squicken

McLeod has more range so he'll probably be playing deep mostly with Jenkins going from being the second deep guy in Cover-2 looks, to playing the slot in nickel/dime, or up on the line as run support.

I still have hope they'll bring back one of Carroll or Thurmond. If not, I fully expect them to draft a CB in the first round.

I wonder if Howie moved up to target a player, or if they felt there were only X number of top talents in the draft, and 13 was unlikely to net one. He's done a good job of being able to go BPA. If a good OT prospect is there, I think they go that way. There's no way they are counting on Peters playing 16 games

Just a reminder that Houston plays in Denver next season!

CL2f7rB.gif

Hindl

I wonder if Howie moved up to target a player, or if they felt there were only X number of top talents in the draft, and 13 was unlikely to net one. He's done a good job of being able to go BPA. If a good OT prospect is there, I think they go that way. There's no way they are counting on Peters playing 16 games

After getting sold on Jack, I think the Eagles take him if he falls. Otherwise it's between Hargreaves and Stanley. And that's a tough call, since both fill needs. Everyone talks about the need for the Eagles to draft guards, but like you said, JP isn't making 16 games. The depth behind Lane Johnson is fucking Dennis Kelly. On the other hand, Rowe showed potential last year, and hopefully continues to develop into a great CB. If Mcleod pans out, then grabbing Hargreaves could set the secondary for the next several years. So it's hard to choose

Just seems so odd to go through all of this when Dolphins already had Miller. Not like he was asking for crazy numbers either. I can't understand what they were thinking letting him walk.

Texans fans feeling themselves all of a sudden smh.

They were the same way last year at this time! smh people got short memories

This time at least they don't have a TV show to let them down too

Hope it sticks, we need him. Sorry Godslay, I like you an all but my team comes first!

@ArmandoSalguero 47s48 seconds ago
Dolphins offer sheet to C.J. Anderson is 4 yrs. Structured to keep Denver from matching, I'm told but no details. Den. has 5 days to match.

@DanielEliesen 3m3 minutes ago
Yo @Broncos we helped you out getting you the #1 seed do us a favour and let us keep @cjandersonb22

It's only fair

Top Bottom