• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

kaiju

Oh great. Another superhero movie released a trailer. Can't wait to hear all about it on Twitter and GAF for the next few days.

*yawn*

I can't keep up. Still haven't seen Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, or Ant-Man.

Deadpool was the shit though.

Fanto we got our QB!!!
lonly_0.jpg

Reading that the Cowboys are indeed moving on from Hayden, so that is where I antcipate Thronton playing.

They have Weddle and Carroll planned to visit. Also have dinner later with Thronton. With the McClain signing, it is nice to know they can just draft the best players without having glaring holes.

Still need a Mincey replacment (Ware?), and hope Dunbar comes back at a reasonable price. Fucking Chip...
Hayden being replaced is a dream come true. Cowboys win free agency.

Drakeon

Well, that's gonna be a shitshow. The last place RG3 should go is to start for a team with Jeff Fisher as HC and who the fuck knows as OC. He'll look just as awful as he did 2 years ago when he was starting for Gruden's Redskins, or worse.

I guess his ego still isn't in check, that's too bad.

Afrikan

Well, that's gonna be a shitshow. The last place RG3 should go is to start for a team with Jeff Fisher as HC and who the fuck knows as OC. He'll look just as awful as he did 2 years ago when he was starting for Gruden's Redskins, or worse.

I guess his ego still isn't in check, that's too bad.

well you never know.

Rams already have a good to great defense... all they need is their offense to score points.

with RG3 + plus all that speed they have on offense... that might just be enough. If they can coach RG3 to play like Kap did during 2012. Don't turn the ball over...run if you don't see anyone open...and slide or get out of bounds.

easier said than done getting that from RG3 but hey, he might have been humbled being on that bench that whole year.

Dolphins making strong push for CJ

KUSA -
When Anderson, a restricted free agent, arrived at the San Francisco airport Wednesday afternoon, he was scheduled to fly to Chicago for a visit with John Fox and the Bears.

Before he boarded his flight, though, the Dolphins called and Anderson was told to not get on the plane headed for Chicago until further notice.

Throughout the day and night, Anderson’s agent Peter Schaffer fielded calls from multiple teams. As Anderson hung out at the airport.

The Dolphins won round one in the Anderson derby late Wednesday night.

Copyright 2016 KUSA

Pretty much. I posted this last year.

Colin Kaepernick last 8 games in 2014
56% 1413yards 7td 5int 76.6 Passer rating 50 rush attempts

Colin Kaepernick first 8 games in 2015
59% 1615yards 6td 5int 78.8 Passer rating 45 rush attempts

And then the uninformed comments from experts to the peanut gallery about how Gabbert was so terribad and why are you playing him. But Kaepernick had bottomed out to where "the worst QB in the league" was not hyperbole. You could see teammates disgust with his play. A move had to be made. And with a guy who was dubbed one of the worst QBs of the decade looking more competent than you, it's a bad sign.

The guy had his butt fumble moment. You don't recover from something like that. I just love how the day after Jed came out and said they're committed to Kap, his agent comes out and publically states he wants a trade....

Maybe the Broncos can work with him under center. They had a stout defense and solid run game to compliment.

SonnyBoy

with RG3 + plus all that speed they have on offense... that might just be enough. If they can coach RG3 to play like Kap did during 2012. Don't turn the ball over...run if you don't see anyone open...and slide or get out of bounds.
He's great at now throwing INT's. But that comes at the cost of him eating the ball a lot and thusly getting beat on a lot. Most of his turnovers come not from INT's but fumbling due to being brutalized.

If he can get the ball out of his hands, he'll be decent for them.

If Griffin doesn't humble himself and work on his fundamentals it doesn't matter what team he goes to.
I think the problem is that, he wasn't simply refining them. He has had to create them and I dont know if you can find the time needed to create new habits at this level.

Drakeon

well you never know.

Rams already have a good to great defense... all they need is their offense to score points.

easier said than done getting that from RG3 but hey, he might have been humbled being on that bench that whole year.

Nah, I remember the shitshow that was RG3 post-rookie year.

If Griffin doesn't humble himself and work on his fundamentals it doesn't matter what team he goes to.

This is basically it. RG3 doesn't get it, if goes and gets himself another starting gig, he's just as likely to fail again. He has to work on actually being able to play the QB position and he seems to think he already knows how to do that. Yet, all the evidence we have is that he still doesn't.

gutshot

I can't keep up. Still haven't seen Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, or Ant-Man.

Deadpool was the shit though.

Yeah, it seems like we get 3-4 a summer now. It's insane. I stopped caring after the second Iron Man. I saw Avengers since everyone raved about it and thought it was awful. Haven't watched an MCU movie since.

Wes

venison crêpe
Emmanuel Sanders
‏@ESanders_10
#BreakingNews Uncle Rico considered real target to fill QB void. Has great experience throwing n or over mountains.

Since 2000, there have only been 4 paths to the Super Bowl

1) Hall of Fame QB Play + Good-Great Defense
2) All Time Defense + Serviceable QB Play
3) Good QB Play + Great Defense + shitload of luck
4) Cheating

Whole lotta teams trying to luck into 3 through FA

Afrikan

Pretty much. I posted this last year.

Colin Kaepernick last 8 games in 2014
56% 1413yards 7td 5int 76.6 Passer rating 50 rush attempts

Colin Kaepernick first 8 games in 2015
59% 1615yards 6td 5int 78.8 Passer rating 45 rush attempts

And then the uninformed comments from experts to the peanut gallery about how Gabbert was so terribad and why are you playing him. But Kaepernick had bottomed out to where "the worst QB in the league" was not hyperbole. You could see teammates disgust with his play. A move had to be made. And with a guy who was dubbed one of the worst QBs of the decade looking more competent than you, it's a bad sign.

having Marcus Martin and Jonathan Martin late in the season blocking for you will cause that...along with a predictable offense. You know, everyone and their momma knowing you'll Hike the ball at the very last second.

then the next year, you add a lineman that almost got Brady retired (Jordan Devey) plus that weakling Marcus Martin again... + Eric fucking Pears. You have that type of Oline against the pass rush we face in the NFC West...and those numbers are expected... especially if you are playing injured for being hit so much.

LevelNth

Banned
having Marcus Martin and Jonathan Martin late in the season blocking for you will cause that...along with a predictable offense. You know, everyone and their momma knowing you'll Hike the ball at the very last second.

then the next year, you add a lineman that almost got Brady retired (Jordan Devey) plus that weakling Marcus Martin again... + Eric fucking Pears. You have that type of Oline against the pass rush we face in the NFC West...and those numbers are expected... especially if you are playing injured for being hit so much.
I really hope teams actually still believe this stuff and ignore the copious missed passes, terrible reads, panicked pocket presence and diminished agility + terribad footwork.

We might actually pull this trade off.

‏@gunnerhal 7s7 seconds ago
Alonso on Dion Jordan (ex-Oregon teammate): I bet he's going to come back and really have a chip on his shoulder.

I forget that Dion is still on the team...although I don't expect him to be on the roster come Sept 1.

Mindlog

Don't worry friend, I'll always be on team Dolphins...no matter how painful.
traicionera!

Bucs GAF the newest Fennelly column is a collection of 'No shit.' hits.
Will Joey Bosa be there when they pick in the first round? Doubtful.

The Bucs need two pass rushers — minimum.

And they need a cornerback. Will Tampa and Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves III be there? Possibly.

I’m sure Licht and Koetter are thinking draft, draft, draft.

How could they not be after last year’s bonanza, the one that landed them Winston, starting offensive linemen Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet and linebacker Kwon Alexander?

We know how the Glazers look at free agency: with horror. Former head coach Lovie Smith and Licht’s many swings and misses didn’t help, though Licht found center Joe Hawley, among others, in late free agency, so that worked out.

I still don’t see how they fill all the needs by draft alone.

I think the Bucs need to mix and match with the draft and free agency.

It’s just a matter of getting it right.

There’s that.

But time’s a wasting. Defensive ends are flying off the free-agent shelf.

I would have taken a chance on free agent defensive end Mario Williams. Too late. Williams signed with Miami.

By the way, the Texans just stole Brock Osweiler out from under the Manning-less Broncos. Denver has no QB. How about seeing what they’d give up for Mike Glennon?

Lions got so much money to spend, and so many needs, I don't get why they aren't really doing much outside of a receiver and a backup safety. They're not gonna get much out of the draft to make up for it. I was hoping they would have gotten Iloka at least.

Wes

venison crêpe
@alexmarvez
.@alexmack55 says "very tough to leave" @Browns. Has a lot of ties in the city. Possibility of CLE drafting Jared Goff almost made him stay

Silver said Kaep's not going to the Jets.

They're gonna have to pay Fitz or they're fucked. The fact that even has to be said is sad. Best year a QB ever had in that city for that team, and they're responding with lowballing.

It's like the rest of the division likes everybody predicting the Pats as champs, as early as possible, every year and being proven right. At some point you gotta think they've all given up

To expand on Gooster's post.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
This is a surprise: #Giants pass-rusher Robert Ayers is heading to visit to the #Jaguars, instead of the #Dolphins. Was with #Bucs today

Browns are a joke letting all those players walk

Broncos getting weaker = yaye for my raiders

Well I think we can compensate for the losses of Malik and Danny. We got some good linebackers in depth. We might draft a replacement for Malik plus we got some good rookies like Sly Williams.

Let us not forget we still have Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray. Our pass rush might be even better.

The NoFlyZone is still the NoFlyZone. CHJ, Bradley Roby, Talib, Stewart, and Ward.
This defense will be fine. Elway got this.

Fitts

Browns are a joke letting all those players walk

Broncos getting weaker = yaye for my raiders

Now that Peyton's done the truce is over and I wanna see the Donkeys get beat into the ground too, but not if it means having to watch Kaep play twice a year.

Top Bottom