• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Striker

I'm not really sold on Floyd, after the last experiment with a 3/4 linebacker.
I'm not sold on him, either. He hasn't shown he's good with contact and only had one ability in rushing the passer: run right by him. For a guy his size, that's startling. But again, I just think there's been a lot of info about him and Reese visiting the program to see him. If they go elsewhere I wouldn't be upset. He's just as much a risk as Jack is with his injury situation.

As for the 3-4 stuff, guys like Adrian Tracy and Clint Sintim never had the athleticism that Floyd has and he's shown he's a better cover 'backer than those two could ever do. They're just different players. Maybe argue a better comparison is Damontre Moore. He had the size for the DE position but he did not have the smarts or stregnth to keep up as a full time starter. That said, [for Floyd] he's a WLB in this defense and you have to wonder if he is even a starter Day 1. In all likelihood he starts out as a 3rd down guy and ST'er.

bionic77

All of this PS4 Neo news is coming fast and furious. Just show me the trade-in offers retailers and I'm there.
I still can't believe they are going to split the userbase like that.

Also I am with the dude olin the GC thread. As a system it did not compare with the PS2 but for value I can't think of anything that beats it. I mean they had so many $99 bundles along with a a ton of cheap games. I never remember gaming being that cheap before or afterwards other than that brief period when Atari killed the market.

Euron

Anyone saying the Giants should take a WR in the first round needs to know that this draft has been criticized for its lack of overall talent in terms of receivers but on the other hand it provides a lot of depth at WR2, which is obviously what we're looking for. My favorite option is Tyler Boyd in the 2nd or 3rd round after filling a different hole in the 1st (or maybe even second).

I really want to change my pick to Elliot but I'm not sure what his interactions with the team have been other than him saying he'd love to play for them and that 3 Headed Dragon thing with Eli and Odell.

Hindl

Get the wooks together HindI we're rolling up on this fool!

We can load up here

Phish_WOOKStore.jpg

MRSA

Banned
Getting old sucks. I have physical therapy on Friday. Why can't this bitch ass orthopedist just MRI my knee already.

I still can't believe they are going to split the userbase like that.

Also I am with the dude olin the GC thread. As a system it did not compare with the PS2 but for value I can't think of anything that beats it. I mean they had so many $99 bundles along with a a ton of cheap games. I never remember gaming being that cheap before or afterwards other than that brief period when Atari killed the market.

Except they aren't?

Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a “Base Mode” which will run on the currently available PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for use on the new console.

The NEO will not supplant the current PS4, but will exist alongside of it and use the same user environment. The PS4 and NEO will use the same PSN store, connect to the same online communities, and offer the same user experience, so expect to see the same cross media bar that you’re used to. Players will be able to retain all of the purchases they made on the PS4.

Sony seems committed to keeping the NEO and the original PS4 player bases connected. As such, there will be no NEO-only games, and Sony will not let developers separate NEO users from original PS4 players while playing on PSN. Likewise, Sony explicitly and repeatedly states that developers cannot offer exclusive gameplay options or special unlockables for NEO players—so don’t expect NEO owners to get a level editor or a special Rocket League car that you won’t have access to on your original PS4.

If anything they are going through pains to make sure it does not fragment their userbase. Whole lot of FUD from the gaming side on this as usual.

MRSA

Banned
Don't you have to go back once the treatment wears off?

Rather go through the trouble of glasses and contacts tbh.

Did you guys get you Force Awakens copies btw? I mailed them to my house.

This one includes a lifetime warranty so I can get a touch up whenever needed. It doesn't correct presbyopia so you'll still need reading glasses.

Hindl

If it's as good as the other Mario sports games I'd play it. Don't think Nintendo would ever make a Mario football game though

bionic77

Except they aren't?

If anything they are going through pains to make sure it does not fragment their userbase. Whole lot of FUD from the gaming side on this as usual.
That makes sense.

Still doesn't seem koesher to me though. Is the plan to just keep releasing minor updates like a PC every 2-3 years now?

Wonder why Nintendo never made a football game before? As others have said strikers was really fun and they generally do a good job on the other sports as well.

Consensus for Giants-Gaf seems to be Floyd - am I incorrect on that? If so, speak now please. If not, I'm gonna throw up the write-up. Especially if you feel strongly that it won't be Reese's pick.

It's pretty late in the day for Giants fans, most have already passed out in their recliners watching reruns of Murder She Wrote

That makes sense.

Still doesn't seem koesher to me though. Is the plan to just keep releasing minor updates like a PC every 2-3 years now?

Wonder why Nintendo never made a football game before? As others have said strikers was really fun and they generally do a good job on the other sports as well.

Soccer/Baseball/Tennis/Golf all have appeal in Japan, Football not so much.

Fox318

I drove to a golf shop to take a look at a New York Jets and New York Yankees golf bag.

Ehhh. Better off getting a regular bag.

Top Bottom