• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
My 2011 MBP isn't showing its age other than shitty battery life now, but the thing is 5 years old. After putting in an SSD last year its even better, I think I should do the right thing and ride this thing out until the trackpad completely goes kaput on me (thing gets possessed every few months).

I spilled beer on my keyboard and most of the backlighting is dead.

Tom Penny

Peyton delivered against the Pats? What game were you watching?

He made 2 good TDs throws early and a handful of other passes, but was otherwise garbage against a middling defense. If you think that performance was great then you need to get together with BLarry to talk about the glory days of Trent Dilfers SB run.

I can't remember a qb who played worse and his team won the SB. And it isn't even close. He was horrible.

I don't know why that bothers you. I would take Jerome Bettis as qb if it meant my team won the championship. And your D would not have been considered an all time great if Peyton was even average. He would have gotten all of the credit. Instead Von Miller is now a household name and the NFL may even allow him to do the fucking sack dance next year!
Its like Ben's Seattle SB win never happened..

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Jest are going to bring in Hoyer. Way to ramp up that pressure on Fitz. #Clownshoes

Yeah, Philly fans are getting raked over the coals for throwing bracelets after their team gave up before the game was over.

Meanwhile St. Louis fans are calling Jason Heyward the n-word on live television and no one gives a shit.

Both fanbases are filled with terrible people. Nice try at deflecting, though.

Just saw the Flyers stuff.

IcWnE1B.png
I guess Philly fans learned about losing with class from Cam Netwton, and not Jordan Spieth
IcWnE1B.png

Philly fans been losing with class looooong before Cecil Newton ever dreamed of having a son he could pimp out to various SEC colleges.

Wes

venison crêpe
Allbright said on Twitter that 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets and Bills have all looked in to cost of moving up to #2.

Cost expected to be significantly less than the Rams paid for #1.

Drew Rosenhaus officially fired himself from being Johnny Manziel's agent.

This has to be the closest thing to rock bottom he can see from this side of a jail cell, right? You have to be pretty damn low in life for Drew to think "nah I can't make this dude money/make commission off him".

Allbright said on Twitter that 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Jets and Bills have all looked in to cost of moving up to #2.

If the deal isn't overwhelming for us I doubt we trade, think we'll trake the Qb.

Also today is a Browns Mini camp, Players talking to media. Lots of tweets coming out

This has to be the closest thing to rock bottom he can see from this side of a jail cell, right? You have to be pretty damn low in life for Drew to think "nah I can't make this dude money/make commission off him".
If anyone's seen any recent pictures of him he looks pretty skinny, lost some weight. No way near in football shape, not that anyone's picking him up...

Johnny is too far gone to make decisions for himself. His career is well over and now he's just shambling across the country getting drunk and snatching tail.

Hindl

Yeah Mary Kay said the same thing about the eagles possibly trading to 2

squicken

Eagles starting OL?

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/04/19/eagles-wake-up-call-leftovers-from-pederson-roseman/

Eagles writers mostly think that LA is going Goff, and Pederson's comments reinforce that

*I found Pederson’s comments on Carson Wentz versus Jared Goff interesting. The new head coach said he thought the prospects were “pretty even” and feels both have potential to be franchise quarterbacks, but twice referenced Goff’s size (6-4, 215) relative to Wentz (6-5, 237) and at one point Paxton Lynch (6-7, 244), and called Wentz “a little better athlete right now.” He talked Wentz up on a number of occasions, but Goff not so much.

This is a time of misdirection and smokescreens and all that, but here’s where my head’s at:

There is a good chance that front offices around the league have a pretty good feel for which quarterback the Rams plan on selecting with the No. 1 overall pick, even if the media is still not firmly on the scent. It’s also true that some people within the NovaCare walls feel that Goff will be L.A.’s pick. Assuming that’s the intel Pederson has received, his comments make all the more sense. If he knew Wentz was going off the board first and the Eagles could possibly end up with Goff, why call Wentz the better athlete and refer to Goff as “undersized” compared to the other two? Wouldn’t you be inclined to talk well of a player that may end up on your roster?

Peter King: Eagles can win 12 games.
The NFL schedule was released on Thursday and the annual exercise of guessing how many wins each team will get began immediately. The Eagles finished in second place in the NFC East last season with a 7-9 record, but one national analyst thinks that the team could be in position for a bounce-back campaign.
"I think if the Eagles have a good draft and they protect (Sam) Bradford and he is what he was drafted to be, the Eagles could win 12," said Peter King of The MMQB on the Eagles Live podcast with Dave Spadaro. "Of course, if that doesn't happen they could also win seven, so that's what this division is."
On the same day that the schedule was released, the Los Angeles Rams pulled off a stunning trade moving up from No. 15 to No. 1 overall. The Eagles sit at No. 8 for the first round which commences on April 28. King said that the Eagles should take the player who is going to help the most this year.
"If I were to pick a player or pick a position group for the Eagles, I would pick the best offensive lineman available or I would pick a deep threat even though you don't want to take a receiver in the first round a year after you take (Nelson) Agholor in the first round," King said. "I still think there's one thing Howie Roseman didn't do that he wished he would have done in the early days of free agency and that is to get a field-stretcher on offense because that's what Sam Bradford right now still needs."
That being said, King had two prospects whom he would avoid at No. 8 - running back Ezekiel Elliott and wide receiver Laquon Treadwell. King admitted that he's simply not a fan of taking a running back that high considering the success of late-round and undrafted players such as Seattle’s Thomas Rawls. With regard to Treadwell, King said that he has his "doubts." Analysts have pointed to Treadwell's speed, he ran a 4.65 in the 40-yard dash at his Pro Day, as a potential issue in the NFL.

Mindlog

If it gets to two Syrinx was probably going to select Stanley here since Bosa and Hargreaves are off the board. A solid OT is always welcome especially one that can clearly help Martin. However, we really need to start investing picks on the D side of the ball.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
On a slightly more serious note, if anyone wants to setup a poll when draft day hits feel free to post some ideas.

I'm thinking of running a game. Best score wins. One point per correct answer.

1. Who will be the first qb drafted.
2. Which team will draft the second qb.
3. How many qb's will be drafted in the first round.
4. How many draft day trades will be made in the first round.
5. How many names will Goodell butcher.

I need some more ideas, though. Feel free to chime in.

Will JFF crash the Draft and yell about how he's the chosen one?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Don't forget "which high profile pick will be stuck waiting the longest for their name to be called."

The intial draft day excitement :") what a rush
https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer

The LA Times is doing a mock draft using local beat writers to make picks. So far it is Wentz, Goff, Ramsey. kave's girl Mary Kay made the Cleveland pick

e: smh

CgaxV1YWQAADtNl.jpg
Yeah this is the pic I saw the other day. He's definitely lost some weight, and added some tattoos. He got a 420 one on his hand......and Josh he's not coming back :/ isnt Drew both their agents? You would think Drew would talk to Josh about what perception this might give the NFL

bionic77

Ben played 4 playoffs games for the Bettis Bowl.

In the first 3 games he was hot fiyah and did it on the road each time against legit teams.

He choked in the SB but luckily the Hawks did not know how to take advantage.

And as I said to Slay I don't give a fuck that he choked. The win is forever!

squicken

The intial draft day excitement :") what a rush

Yeah this is the pic I saw the other day. He's definitely lost some weight, and added some tattoos. He got a 420 one on his hand......and Josh he's not coming back :/ isnt Drew both their agents? You would think Drew would talk to Josh about what perception this might give the NFL

His weight loss is striking. And yeah someone has to separate Gordon from JFF. JFF is on his way to depths that Gordon doesn't need to be part of. I'm not sure how much Flash ever liked football, though. He was just very good at it even when barely trying at it

Wes

venison crêpe
If the deal isn't overwhelming for us I doubt we trade, think we'll trake the Qb.

Also today is a Browns Mini camp, Players talking to media. Lots of tweets coming out.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind either QB, or a very good trade. Quite partial to the idea of Goff now. Sit him for a year or two behind RG3, then he'll still only be 23, same age Wentz is now.

Favourite player tweet thus far is Irving about moving back to Centre and just being able to focus purely on that. Deserves a chance.

squicken

The Rockets are angry and disinterested—an unfathomable combination because usually one precludes the other. They seem to hate being at work, so they don’t put in any effort, but they also hate their coworkers, so they get angry at them nonetheless.

I really thought I couldn't hate a team more than the Steve Francis/Kelvin Cato Rockets, but congrats to Howard and Hardin!

Top Bottom