• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Generate

Banned
I wonder if the last player drafted actually appreciates being called "Mr irrelevant". They would probably rather go undrafted.

I love it so much. The souls games and Witcher are the only non sports games that cam hold my attention anymore
It's everything I wanted a sequel to Dark Souls to be and it allows me to wipe my memory of Dark Souls 2 which just never clicked with me at all.

Bring on Bloodborne 2 next.:)

Such a great game. Lived up to Dark Souls 1, probably better IMO.

I liked it more, yes. I can't decide if I dig it more than Bloodborne or not. Both are just so damned good.:)

Wes

venison crêpe
The MoBo story is great. That was really brilliant to watch. Hope he has a successful career in some form.

I like our draft. WR heavy, sure, but we had a tonne of picks. Hopefully one or two of these guys can stick for us.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago
Elway said he talked to Ed McCaffrey to try to get Max McCaffrey to sign. Said it was unfortunate they couldn't bring him in.

Signed with the Raiders

To be fair. There aren't many players who played 16 years.

That's...the point

If you told me I got a reliable 15 year starter at any position in the first round, that's a good pick.

Little out of the box, but you can't say that Janikowski wasn't good value for the Raiders.

jbug617

Banned
To be fair. There aren't many players who played 16 years.

th

What's the scoop on Max McCaffrey?

Legit sneaky fast (like not just "oh he's white and hard to tackle" fast, actually fast. Dude ran a 4.36 40 at his pro day)

Will go in traffic and make the tough catches.

He honestly should have been drafted and if Duke actually focused more on him in the offense, he probably would have been able to put up better looking numbers in college.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
2016 NFL draft: Michigan QB Jake Rudock picked by Lions in 6th round

The Lions return entrenched starter Matthew Stafford at the position, and have him under contract for two more years. And if GM Bob Quinn's public comments are any indication, he could be extended at some point in the next year as well.

Quinn is very much committed to Stafford long term -- but he also has been open about his desire to draft a young quarterback to develop behind the 28-year-old. Detroit hadn't drafted a quarterback since taking Stafford first overall in 2009.

"It's really good football business to acquire a young quarterback every year, or every other year," he said.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss..._jak.html#incart_most-commented_lions_article

"Proud of Jake Rudock! Detroit got a Winner and a good man. The Lions are on it!"

-Jim Harbaugh

that-s-my-quarterback-o.gif

Detroit drafted Michigan Center, Graham Glasgow, with our 3rd round compensatory pick the NFL gave us with Suh leaving town as well.

MRSA

Banned
Legit sneaky fast (like not just "oh he's white and hard to tackle" fast, actually fast. Dude ran a 4.36 40 at his pro day)

Will go in traffic and make the tough catches.

He honestly should have been drafted and if Duke actually focused more on him in the offense, he probably would have been able to put up better looking numbers in college.

Is he shifty? I wanted Braverman

Godslay

Banned
Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 21m21 minutes ago
Elway said he talked to Ed McCaffrey to try to get Max McCaffrey to sign. Said it was unfortunate they couldn't bring him in.

Signed with the Raiders

Yeah that's too bad. At least in Oakland he's got a shot at making the roster. He would have been buried in Denver.

We'll have to settle for Christian I guess...

rando14

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
I'm told #Oregon QB Vernon Adams will be in Renton next week for a rookie minicamp tryout with the #Seahawks.

YES PLS GOD

PLS

I don't think it matters if you hit on your players. That's been a bigger issue. Reese values his picks and doesn't like to manuever. Plenty of GM's do that. How many times has Colbert/Steelers traded down for example? (4 times since 2000)

Belichik's been trading down for years and look at his success rate.

Trading down is overrated. The first three rounds are where the money's made. People love to kiss Belichick's ass because he gets tons of fourth and fifth round picks every year but the chance to hit gold with those picks is slim at best (and that's before you even consider how shit Belichcick's been at it relative to how many picks he's gotten.)

For Every Tom Brady and Antonio Brown there are hundreds of washouts. You struck gold if one of those picks starts half a season.

Bread

Banned
Trading down is overrated. The first three rounds are where the money's made. People love to kiss Belichick's ass because he gets tons of fourth and fifth round picks every year but the chance to hit gold with those picks is slim at best (and that's before you even consider how shit Belichcick's been at it relative to how many picks he's gotten.)

For Every Tom Brady and Antonio Brown there are hundreds of washouts. You struck gold if one of those picks starts half a season.
It seems like the point of trading down is to get more chances at hitting so I don't think it's fair to say he's shit at it relative to the amount of picks. His strategy has worked, according to most of the metrics.

It seems like the point of trading down is to get more chances at hitting so I don't think it's fair to say he's shit at it relative to the amount of picks. His strategy has worked, according to most of the metrics.

And what strategy is that? I'm legit asking you. Has Belichick received more starters than the average from constantly trading for lower round picks? If you have a source that details this i'd love to read it. I've honestly searched myself (there was I time when I fell in love with the strategy before realizing what low yields 4th round and down nets you) though I can't say Belichick has managed to put a better product on the field by doing this. Of course I could be wrong.

edit: Since 2005 the noteworthy players in the 4th on Belichick has drafted (11 seasons):

James Sanders
Matt Cassell
Matt Slater
Julian Edelman
Aaron Hernandez
Marcus Cannon

Get the guy you want. If you have to trade up or down, rock on.

Top Bottom