• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bread

Banned
e7b.gif

Line_HTX

People get accused of being alts all the time when they aren't, usually something triggers a more thorough investigation. And since we're on the subject, looking into it a bit more it doesn't seem like there are any snes or JNA alts in here either from what I can tell, some of the more common names thrown around here. But I'm not as good as some of the other mods in looking into that yet.

Vindication finally. This can be put to rest at last.

Godslay

Banned
I'll pass word along.

In any case, if there are any more questions or concerns PM a mod or send a mail to the support alias. Let us return to the discussion about drafting kickers.

I guess I don't understand. Are you just a middle man between us and a higher tier mod(s)? I mean if we have all these issues with this thread and you have to go to bat for us supposedly, why don't they just come in lay down the law? Instead of the constant back and forth and guesswork we have to do, just to know if we are/aren't following the rules that day?

cdyhybrid

Vindication finally. This can be put to rest at last.

Nah, we just don't have proof to ban you yet, JNA.

People get accused of being alts all the time when they aren't, usually something triggers a more thorough investigation. And since we're on the subject, looking into it a bit more it doesn't seem like there are any snes or JNA alts in here either from what I can tell, some of the more common names thrown around here. But I'm not as good as some of the other mods in looking into that yet.

I'll pass word along.

In any case, if there are any more questions or concerns PM a mod or send a mail to the support alias. Let us return to the discussion about drafting kickers.

Just to be safe, can you make sure zychi is permed? He's definitely 100% an alt of ari.

Slo

I guess I don't understand. Are you just a middle man between us and a higher tier mod(s)? I mean if we have all these issues with this thread and you have to go to bat for us supposedly, why don't they just come in lay down the law? Instead of the constant back and forth and guesswork we have to do, just to know if we are/aren't following the rules that day?

It's like buying a used car. We make an offer to Xia, he goes into the back room and "talks to his manager," and then he comes out and says "you get the clear coat for free, but we have to perm MRSA."

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Xia isn't a used car salesman. He's fully representing the administration and only treading carefully here specifically for the sake of everyone in this thread, not because of a lack of authority. Disrespecting him in response is probably not the call.

Xia isn't a used car salesman. He's fully representing the administration and only treading carefully here specifically for the sake of everyone in this thread, not because of a lack of authority. Disrespecting him in response is probably not the call.

It's OK if we disrespect everyone else though right? They're all twats so they deserve it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope there's some consideration for MRSA considering he's been a pretty good poster here even as an alt.

I totally understand jakncoke because he was driving off a cliff regardless.

I dunno that's my two cents. Just disappointing because with every crackdown NFL GAF keeps getting smaller if nothing else. I understand modding is an art and not an exact science but when all your friends that you've known for years and years start disappearing, the place feels like it's lost a little something.

Agreed on both points. Chan is Chan.

I'm thinking of doing a write up on the Bengals draft. They're one team that has never been represented here for whatever reason and they always seem to draft well.

For example Marvin Jones, the Top WR Free agent, signed by the Lions was a 5th round pick out of Cal a few years back. Vontaze Burfict was picked up as an UDFA with "character concerns" even though he was a projected 1st-2nd rounder.

Round 1: William Jackson III, DB, Houston
Round 2: Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
Round 3: Nick Vigil, ILB, Utah State
Round 4: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Round 5: Christian Weterman, Guard, Arizona
Round 6: Cody Core, WR, Mississippi
Round 7: Clayton Fejedelam, Safety, Illinois

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-...gals-draft-picks-analysis-for-every-selection

Tyler Boyd and Andrew Billings were both projected first rounders that dropped to them in the 2nd and 4th rounds. Good picks giving Dalton a #2 option opposite of AJ Green. Billings is only 20 but gets to play and learn under Geno Atkins.

Worst QB draft class of all time. Drew Stanton probably ended up being the best QB drafted that year. Drew fucking Stanton.

And he was picked in the 2nd round by Matt Millen.

Godslay

Banned

We're just confused as to the alt policy and the moderation lately in general, it seems hit or miss lately. Probably just vague more than anything.

I mean we have open alts, who've met the executioner several times over, living in the light. While others get executed on a moment's notice. Seems a little uneven in application?

Additionally, it has felt like everyone has been walking on eggshells as of late. We've had more mods popping in and pegging us than we ever had in the past. I mean, it would just be nice to have clarity. If the mods want to nuke the thread or clean it up, then fine. Let us know what rules we have to follow, so we can adhere or move on like suggested.

I don't think that's too much to ask for a thread we've all enjoyed for several years now.

Slo

Every time I see DM, all I can think of is Tampa trading up in the 2nd round to draft a kicker.

I'm sorry, DM. It's going to take a long time to live that one down.

If you're gonna make that move, they must have only been one player away.

Did they forfeit the rest of their picks? Just pack up the war room and head back to Tampa?

Every time I see DM, all I can think of is Tampa trading up in the 2nd round to draft a kicker.

I'm sorry, DM. It's going to take a long time to live that one down.
Fox and Jets-GAF is grateful.. It makes the Hackenberg pick seem sound in comparison.

That is unless the Jets sign Folk like that rumor being floated.

JABEE

If you're gonna make that move, they must have only been one player away.

Did they forfeit the rest of their picks? Just pack up the war room and head back to Tampa?

Aguayo adds 5 wins to that team. No doubt.

The new kicker rules, man.

Top Bottom