• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

I can no longer stand idly by while all this DM disrespek runs rampant.

giphy.gif

cashman

Banned
Additionally, it has felt like everyone has been walking on eggshells as of late. We've had more mods popping in and pegging us than we ever had in the past. I mean, it would just be nice to have clarity. If the mods want to nuke the thread or clean it up, then fine. Let us know what rules we have to follow, so we can adhere or move on like suggested.

I don't think that's too much to ask for a thread we've all enjoyed for several years now.
This is how I feel too. I don't really get why this thread has been getting such heavy moderation over the past 6 months.

cdyhybrid

Don't bad mouth JNA. Line is just pretending to be a Texans fan.

Rando/CDY explain to me who do I look forward to!

Everyone.

The yellow cells are draft picks, so they'd presumably be the most likely to make the final roster, along with one of the QBs if TJack doesn't come back and/or they don't sign anyone else.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fuck I'm sorry bro. Lets hug. Oh and here's dumb ass Mel Kiper's opinion.

*prays for FMT*

Why do we have to automatically draft a WR just to "replace" Calvin Johnson? We still have Golden Tate who is a legitimate #1 WR and added Marvin Jones in free agency who was considered to be the #1 FA WR.

We drafted Taylor Decker who was Kiper's 16th best player in the draft...at #16. Then we had one of the steals of the draft by getting A'Shawn Robinson his 20th ranked played at #48.

At least by reading this I learned Joe Dahl, our 5th rounder from Washington State, also played Tackle in college but we get a B- because we didn't address the Megatron retirement.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
We're just confused as to the alt policy and the moderation lately in general, it seems hit or miss lately. Probably just vague more than anything.

I mean we have open alts, who've met the executioner several times over, living in the light. While others get executed on a moment's notice. Seems a little uneven in application?

Looks like that occurred before my time. But in general there is a zero tolerance policy for having two active accounts at once. If someone is banned, they will probably try to re-register, and sometimes we let it slide if they seem to have reformed their behavior. But if someone actually goes around to admit they're an alt then they'll be banned because it is technically against the rules. This results in some inconsistencies, but it's the way things have gone.

As for the Konka discrepancy, that appears to have resolved itself.

Additionally, it has felt like everyone has been walking on eggshells as of late. We've had more mods popping in and pegging us than we ever had in the past. I mean, it would just be nice to have clarity. If the mods want to nuke the thread or clean it up, then fine. Let us know what rules we have to follow, so we can adhere or move on like suggested.

I don't think that's too much to ask for a thread we've all enjoyed for several years now.

The guidelines I set out in the previous OT haven't changed and I thought were pretty clear. Where's the confusion there exactly? Send a PM please.

That goes for any further questions regarding rules or moderation please.

Keith Law tweeted to Evilore to contact him. I believe Evilore told the mods and we were warned
https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/699746673552130050

Scrolling thru his twitter, did the Chiefs draft someone with a domestic incident?

Edit: Guess so
The Kansas City Chiefs, who pride themselves on filling their football team with players of character, are under fire after electing to draft Tyreek Hill, an ex-Oklahoma State University wide receiver who pleaded guilty in 2014 to choking and punching his pregnant girlfriend.

Damn, after what happened with Jovan Belcher, that is something.

I would just like to say that I think the mods around here do a fantastic job and I have never had a problem with the way this forum and specifically, this thread, are moderated. If you guys ever need an informant, hit me up.

Bread

Banned
RIP konky :'(

Chan sent me a message from beyond the grave, he said it wanted to be his final message to all of his close friends here.
"Pats fans are the best" - Chang

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I have no idea what's going on but I'm scared.

Gaze into the eyes of the Quarterback who is about to have a reign of dominance in the league and help continue the offensive legacy of the Greatest Show on Turf helped lay out for all other fast paced, high flying offenses.

stafford.jpg

It's surprisingly calming
especially when you
know he's the Quarterback of your team

Narag

RIP konky :'(

Chan sent me a message from beyond the grave, he said it wanted to be his final message to all of his close friends here.
"Pats fans are the best" - Chang

That's how I'll remember him. Cheering for Brady while eating some enchiladas.

The Main thing I took away from draft coverage this year is that ESPN sucks now, maybe it's always sucked idk. I usually watch day 1 for Gruden, but even that was kinda shit this year. I mainly hate that after day 1 ESPN just slacks so much. They miss so many picks with commericals and don't even make a effort to cover half of them.

cdyhybrid

The Main thing I took away from draft coverage this year is that ESPN sucks now, maybe it's always sucked idk. I usually watch day 1 for Gruden, but even that was kinda shit this year. I mainly hate that after day 1 ESPN just slacks so much. They miss so many picks with commericals and don't even make a effort to cover half of them.

ESPN has sucked for a long time. They don't deserve Gruden.

Top Bottom