• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MechDX

The Main thing I took away from draft coverage this year is that ESPN sucks now, maybe it's always sucked idk. I usually watch day 1 for Gruden, but even that was kinda shit this year. I mainly hate that after day 1 ESPN just slacks so much. They miss so many picks with commericals and don't even make a effort to cover half of them.

I had ESPN on in the background while I stayed up with the picks via Twitter, here and BRB

Let's talk about the Rams. So it's gonna be me, Chris, Bead and maybe Kas going. MRSA is no longer coming with us.

The fort was a safe haven until the Rams left St. Louis, how can you get behind that evil knowing what it's doing to your friends?

Gaze into the eyes of the Quarterback who is about to have a reign of dominance in the league and help continue the offensive legacy of the Greatest Show on Turf helped lay out for all other fast paced, high flying offenses.

stafford.jpg

It's surprisingly calming
especially when you
know he's the Quarterback of your team

This doesn't help, now I'm going to have nightmares of being devoured whole by that Stay Puft looking monstrosity.

ESPN has sucked for a long time. They don't deserve Gruden.

I had ESPN on in the background while I stayed up with the picks via Twitter, here and BRB
I had to switch to NFL network day 2. First time actually watching them live. They actually made a effort to coverage picks, and had some good highlight packages for the players. ESPN was like amateur hour

Also I think it's funny that Mchsay and Kiper are the ESPN drafts experts, but they don't even let Mcshay on TV for the round 1 picks.
All ESPN cares about are headlines. It's the TMZ of the sports world.
Yeah directly after the draft they spent most of the time on the Tunsil stuff, and I really didn't care about it at that point. Just wanted a draft recap and day 2 outlook

I had to switch to NFL network day 2. First time actually watching them live. They actually made a effort to coverage picks, and had some good highlight packages for the players. ESPN was like amateur hour

All ESPN cares about are headlines. It's the TMZ of the sports world.

squicken

I've also never understood the issue people have with moderation, for the most part. Stay away from personal insults is like 90% of staying clean

As far as Thrones,
I don't get why this episode is anything special, either. Seems it is still mostly stuff that was obviously going to happen. Did anyone think Snow was dead? But two episodes of teasing it and the big end is him opening his eyes. Dany is back stuck with a Khal, same as S1. That doesn't speak well to what it is to come, if they are recycling plot and dragging out obvious reveals

Fantomex

Hello fellow Rams fan! What were your thoughts on our draft? I can't help but feel like Goff is going to be terrible :(

Hello friend! Welcome to the greatest, friendliest, NFL thread on GAF. I think the only way you can look at our draft is one way, we got our QB and that's about it. We took some chances on guys with character issues or with technique problems. But that's gonna happen in the 4th round where we were selecting. I liked Higbee from Western Kentucky, he creates a lot of separation, kinda like Jordan Cameron when he was in Cleveland. He just got into a bar brawl and might be looking at being convicted and suspended some time next year. I liked the Cooper pick. Guy plays like Steve Smith. Undersized but fights for yards and has some elusiveness. Other than that our draft was non existent.

As for Goff I think he's gonna be great. I think he's gonna have a tough 1st year, just like Aikman did his first season. But by year 2 or 3 he should have some weapons to throw to besides Tavon Austin and he will really blossom. He has things that are extremely tough to teach, pocket presence, awareness, and accuracy.

Bread

Banned
I remember all those nice things you said he said that time he was in party with you and your friend too.

To Dr. Chang. He was a gentlemen of fortune, he was. rip
he had an amazing ability to make people love him

can't believe he's really gone, never to be seen again.

Ananas

Banned
Hello friend! Welcome to the greatest, friendliest, NFL thread on GAF. I think the only way you can look at our draft is one way, we got out QB and that's about it. We took some chances on guys with character issues or with technique problems. But that's gonna happen in the 4th round where we were selecting. I liked Higbee from Western Kentucky, he creates a lot of separation, kinda like Jordan Cameron when he was in Cleveland. He just got into a bar brawl and might be looking at being convicted and suspended some time next year. I liked the Cooper pick. Guy plays like Steve Smith. Undersized but fights for jars and has some elusiveness. Other than that our draft was non existent.

I can't help but agree with your evaluation. I am extremely excited for the season ahead of us though!

I've also never understood the issue people have with moderation, for the most part. Stay away from personal insults is like 90% of staying clean

As far as Thrones,
I don't get why this episode is anything special, either. Seems it is still mostly stuff that was obviously going to happen. Did anyone think Snow was dead? But two episodes of teasing it and the big end is him opening his eyes. Dany is back stuck with a Khal, same as S1. That doesn't speak well to what it is to come, if they are recycling plot and dragging out obvious reveals

Thrones
being apart of the Walking Dead Thread, ppl on Gaf like when action happens. If they don't happen everyone calls the ep shit. Tonight had some actions

That was one of the best episodes of GOT.

I honestly don't get it. I didn't think it was that much better than last weeks (which I enjoyed).

Yet GAF acts like one is shit and the other is GOAT.
I like GoT. I liked tonight's episode. That being said, the way they handled that thing, with the "oh great googley moogley" hokus pokus, could have been done in far more epic fashion.

Tbh it was more of a bloodbath in here than in GoT.

Also I was checking out draft grades and saw one where the Steelers got a B+. But seriously how does someone grade drafts? The Jets were given a B+ for their Hackenberg pick, and that's just insane.

Fantomex

I can't help but agree with your evaluation. I am extremely excited for the season ahead of us though!

Me too friend. I think me and you are the only Ramily (lol) here. There was a guy in the draft thread but he doesn't post here. He's probably a crappy Pats fan but just wanted some #1 Pick attention

As far as Thrones,

I would tell you my issues with moderation, but talking about moderation violates the first rule of fight club.

I should probably catch up with Game of Thrones though.

I like GoT. I liked tonight's episode. That being said, the way they handled that thing, with the "oh great googley moogley" hokus pokus, could have been done in far more epic fashion.

Tbh it was more of a bloodbath in here than in GoT.

Also I was checking out draft grades and saw one where the Steelers got a B+. But seriously how does someone grade drafts? The Jets were given a B+ for their Hackenberg pick, and that's just insane.

You have to be willing to arbitrarily spout conjecture and present it as analysis. So basically most sports journalists.

squicken

I think you grade trades. Or taking a kicker in the 2nd round. Or trading up to take a kicker in the second round.

I also think you can knock the Giants a bit for losing out on two guys they wanted b/c the rest of the league knew their board. But then, I do like Eli Apple's mom

Annie Apple ‏@SurvivinAmerica
Praying for all the thirsty girls sliding in new NFL rookies DMs with heavy booty & cleavage action pics. Only Jesus can quench your thirst

squicken

Floy and Squicken, you guys have until Friday to accept my E-vite into the Cody Kessler Fan club.

Pettine is gone. I wish nothing but the best for your team. Hope you guys win the AFCN. But I see more Barkley than Palmer in Kessler. He just doesn't have the arm

Is this like the pm we were supposed to get from Dutch that he never sent to us?
Naw. This is like when a friend sends you a invite to his secret tree house base, and you don't show for the first meeting.
Pettine is gone. I wish nothing but the best for your team. Hope you guys win the AFCN. But I see more Barkley than Palmer in Kessler. He just doesn't have the arm
I'm gonna cover Codys eyes so he can't read this post. I'm gonna pretend like this post didn't happen, you have until Friday to accept my E-vite.

I find this ironic coming from a Russel Wilson fan.
My thing is I'm not sure he has the frame for it. I mean you can list his size, but actually look at him. He's no Cam Newton, even look at Russell's build. I'm just afraid they'll try and do Power plays on reg like that.....but I would think Eagles would know better

Talon

Draft grading is probably my most hated part of all of sports.

But, seriously, we're entering year four of Kas claiming Stafford would lead the greatest show on turf, and they've whimpered into one playoff appearance.

My thing is I'm not sure he has the frame for it. I'm mean you can list his size, but actually look at him. He's no Cam Newton, even look at Russell's build. I'm just afraid they'll try and do Power plays on reg like that.....but I would think Eagles would know better

I mean, look what the Eagles did with McNabb under Reid. Dude could run with the best of them, probably outclassed Russel by a mile, but they never let him. Pederson is Reid 2.0. I'm not really worried about Wentz running by design. The reason I like him as a QB and think he is such a good pick with such potential is that like guys like Wilson, Rodgers or McNabb are able to utilize their mobility to navigate a crowded pocket and escape from sacks. Wentz feet show a hint of that ability. All of the film I have seen on him and the thing that impressed me the most was his feet.

Now, as for his build, it's sort of hard to say. I know you say things about this size, but he's 6'6" and 230lbs? I think his frame can support another 10-15lbs to bulk up and give him the sort of build you are talking about, but it's not really that unusual for guys coming out of college to need time to fill out their build. I don't expect him to be Cam Newton, even though he can probably support that build, but I also don't think the offense will be geared around that sort. I have to do what a lot of people do and go back to Big Ben as a parallel for him in this regard.

squicken

Draft grading is probably my most hated part of all of sports.

But, seriously, we're entering year four of Kas claiming Stafford would lead the greatest show on turf, and they've whimpered into one playoff appearance.

In fairness to kas and Stafford, he isn't the one giving up 6 TDs to Matt Flynn, or defending the sideline on hail mary throws. If Harbs had Stafford the 49ers would have won the SB every year

Top Bottom