• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

He's done as a football player so it's really irrelevant. But her allegation is basically that he kidnapped her twice, and hit her several times. Shouldn't that be more than a misdemeanor?

BigAT

ChpTOEyWkAA8_-s.jpg:large

Remember when a team used a first round pick on him?

bionic77

Welcome back!

The Steelers reached in the 1st, got what we all hope to be career Pro Bowlers in the 2nd and 3rd.

I can't remember who the Pats picked in the 1st.

Legends died, other alt-legends were perm'd, Dutch got abused in his own draft thread for defending a Sandy Vagina, and the legal system (those without the flu) backed up Goodell's greatest contribution to modern football by reinstating Brady's suspension.
Hmmm.

I could have contributed to the Brady suspension thread.

It was weird IRL how no one else was dancing in the streets.

Farooq

Banned
That would be cool to see.

The only problem I see with it, is that those Denver defenses back then weren't that bad. I'd even say they were underrated.

In 97' they were 6th in terms of points allowed over the season and only gave up 18 ppg in the post-season, and in 98' they were 8th only giving up 10.6 ppg in the post-season.

Partially due to the style the played, but they held their own and are largely forgotten.

If Dallas can make a jump defensively, with a resurgent running game, and healthy Romo? I'll buy in.

Great points. It was a lazy comparison anyway. I mean Elway was a generational QB that lead his team to 3 prior SB games before TD.

Can the Dallas defense make the jump? Well, they will be an improvement over the 2014 version on paper. Better FS, Lee will be two years removed from the ACL, and a better pass rush (when the DEs get back). That's not saying much though, the 2014 defense was below average.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I am down to play overwatch with you friends

Overwatch, Battleborn, Paragon, Plants vs. Zombies... I'm starting to get confused with all these, what look like, identical MOBA/FPSes.

I may try Overwatch just because it's Blizzard and I've heard it's sort of like TF2.

Kidnapping is only a misdemeanor?

Kidnapping's a felony, but Dallas only saw it as a misdemeanor assault. Violence happened there (in Dallas), taking her against her will happened in Fort Worth, don't know why Fort Worth police didn't pursue a felony charge. He could spend a year in jail

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You are just setting us up now. This is too easy.

I typed Matthew Stafford in Goggle news and that was the first article that came up mjshrug.coli

He's actually looking quite good and fit in recent conferences/meetings with the press

JABEE

I typed Matthew Stafford in Goggle news and that was the first article that came up mjshrug.coli

He's actually looking quite good and fit in recent press conferences/meetings with the press

You that as if Stafford wasn't in tip top shape before.

Godslay

Banned
Great points. It was a lazy comparison anyway. I mean Elway was a generational QB that lead his team to 3 prior SB games before TD.

Can the Dallas defense make the jump? Well, they will be an improvement over the 2014 version on paper. Better FS, Lee will be two years removed from the ACL, and a better pass rush (when the DEs get back). That's not saying much though, the 2014 defense was below average.

If that OL lives up to the hype, Zeke could be a real game breaker like TD was.

In turn it will help your D. I don't think it's too outlandish tbh. They'll just need solid D if the other parts are there.

In turn it will help your D. I don't think it's too outlandish tbh. They'll just need solid D if the other parts are there.

That's what happened two years ago when the D was even worse, they stayed off the field while the offense went to work with Murray and Romo playing lights out. So if Zeke can take the load off of Romo and he can play like two years ago they can absolutely make a run this year.

squicken

Denver was fined twice twice and lost a 3rd round pick twice for cheating the cap during the Elway/Shanny SB era. Jerry should try that, too ;)

Godslay

Banned
That's what happened two years ago when the D was even worse, they stayed off the field while the offense went to work with Murray and Romo playing lights out. So if Zeke can take the load off of Romo and he can play like two years ago they can absolutely make a run this year.

An offense that can grind teams out with a ground game and keep a good defense fresh is proven championship football. Not just for the Broncos, but in general.

Denver was fined twice twice and lost a 3rd round pick twice for cheating the cap during the Elway/Shanny SB era. Jerry should try that, too ;)

We all know that's not the whole story though. I know you know better.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Cowboys, as much as I hate to say it, should be pretty solid just based on that run game/blocking alone if Elliot lives up to that #4 pick. Certainly enough to win the NFC East.

Still though if Romo gets hurt you can only go so far in the NFC. Kellen Moore can only take you so far.

Still not sure who comes out on top in the NFC East.

And for all the talk the Lions get about having to replace Megatron, the Seahawks have not gotten anywhere near the questions regarding how they'll "replace" Marshawn Lynch.

How do the Seahawks replace Marshawn Lynch? The Seahawks offense really lived and died on the production of the running game to help take pressure off of Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks have that stout defense though so I see the NFC West as still Seahawks vs. Cardinals for the title and playoff seed with the edge going to the Seahawks alone just based on the Quarterbacks of each team. Carson Palmer's window was last year IMO.

Hindl

Cowboys, as much as I hate to say it, should be pretty solid just based on that run game/blocking alone if Elliot lives up to that #4 pick. Certainly enough to win the NFC East.

Still though if Romo gets hurt you can only go so far in the NFC. You can only go so far with Kellen Moore as your backup.

And for all the talk the Lions get about having to replace Megatron, the Seahawks have not gotten anywhere near the questions regarding how they'll "replace" Marshawn Lynch.

How do the Seahawks replace Marshawn Lynch? The Seahawks offense really lived and died on the production of the running game to help take pressure off of Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks have that stout defense though so I see the NFC West as still Seahawks vs. Cardinals for the title and playoff seed with the edge going to the Seahawks alone just based on the Quarterbacks of each team. Carson Palmer's window was last year IMO.

You realize Lynch was injured for most of last year and only barely got over 400 yards? And Thomas Rawls did a fantastic job as an UDFA in his stead before getting injured at the end of the season? The Seahawks need a better OL but they have a fine RB after Marshawn

MechDX

Oh we talking about running backs? We got this awesome speed guy from somewhere in Florida. Name is Lamont Milner or something. Heard he us pretty good.

bionic77

Holy shitballs.

I just logged on via the desktop and saw that FMT is a father?!?

Congrats FMT. I insist that I don't want to know the specifics of how the kid was conceived. I am not old enough to hear stories like that!

I am sure you will make a great father. Just remember to teach the baby right (Steelers) from wrong (Patriots)!

Godslay

Banned

Still though if Romo gets hurt you can only go so far in the NFC. You can only go so far with Kellen Moore as your backup.

Yeah, if they have a good D with a healthy Romo and a great Zeke? Should be a gimme.

Yet, their D always just seems flimsy and bailed out by the O.

So lately we seem to get an NFCE toss up. Division with seemingly good QBs but rosters that have been lackluster or haven't delivered. Except the Eli world saving years of course.

The question is, can we stop Aaron Rodgers with 1:30 left in the 4th quarter in Lambeau Field?

Because that's the endgame I see if we make a run similar to 2014. That's our best case scenario right now. In that game, we had one turnover on offense that swung momentum and we lost. You need a defense that can make a play, make a stop against the best. And right now, just like in 2014, elite QBs lick their chops when they play us.

Sure, we might have an exciting season like 2014 but that isn't enough. I want Romo to get an Owl. If we were sitting with Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey right now, I'd be telling you that we could win that in the next 2-3 years. I can't say that with our current defense.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You realize Lynch was injured for most of last year and only barely got over 400 yards? And Thomas Rawls did a fantastic job as an UDFA in his stead before getting injured at the end of the season? The Seahawks need a better OL but they have a fine RB after Marshawn

If :kas watched football he'd know that Lynch wasn't even the best RB on the team last year.

I'm well aware that Lynch was hurt most of last year but Thomas Rawls is no Marshawn Lynch. You're still taking away a special running back, physically and production wise. Marshawn was a beast and a running back like him is harder to replace than a Wide Receiver.

Having a slow, grinding offense that eats a lot of clock also means that you never get out to big leads. You're a few mistakes away from losing the game at all times.

Sanjuro

Holy shitballs.

I just logged on via the desktop and saw that FMT is a father?!?

Congrats FMT. I insist that I don't want to know the specifics of how the kid was conceived. I am not old enough to hear stories like that!

I am sure you will make a great father. Just remember to teach the baby right (Steelers) from wrong (Patriots)!

He is going to teach him how to be inappropriate on Halloween for sure.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Having a slow, grinding offense that eats a lot of clock also means that you never get out to big leads. You're a few mistakes away from losing the game at all times.

Yep, and when a team like the Lions come out of the gates and drop 24 points quick in the first half will a Kellen Moore or Drew Stanton led team get said team back in the game?

We'll just run dime or nickle packages with extra secondary and unleash our defensive line.

That's the one thing I want to see out of the Lions when the season starts. No more starting slow in the first half and waiting till the second half to get our offense going.

Tom Penny

I'm well aware that Lynch was hurt most of last year but Thomas Rawls is no Marshawn Lynch. You're still taking away a special running back, physically and production wise. Marshawn was a beast and a running back like him is harder to replace than a Wide Receiver.

Lynch is so hard to replace that they easily replaced him last year..

Top Bottom