• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milchjon

Wienku, if you admit to Patriots fandom, we might accept you in Germany.

In other Patriots news, I'm gonna watch Captain Murica now.

You guys drafted a RB at #4 in the NFL draft. I am not sure there are any L's left for the rest of us.

Please, what you gave up to get the QB from North Dakota State is one of the biggest L of the entire offseason, second only behind hiring the Chief's B-Team to run your offense.

Please, what you gave up to get the QB from North Dakota State is one of the biggest L of the entire offseason, second only behind hiring the Chief's B-Team to run your offense.
A few fcs QBs have done well in the NFL but I do agree that both our teams are having bad offseasons.

MechDX

A few fcs QBs have done well in the NFL but I do agree that both our teams are having bad offseasons.

I don't know....

Paying a QB 25 million in free agency and having him throw a hissy fit before he even takes the field seems like a top 10 off season blunder in league history

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
a7bc4ee2e43297641c1fc095e144564b.jpg

Pepiope

I don't know....

Paying a QB 25 million in free agency and having him throw a hissy fit before he even takes the field seems like a top 10 off season blunder in league history
He had to see it coming. Howie's one mistake this off-season. I get his thought process as he didn't know he was going to fleece Miami for Kiko and Maxwell, but still...

Though, if Wentz works out no one will care and everyone will be praising Howie and Doug.

RBH

You want to interpret a joke post about karma for cheating (which is also part of said joke) as actually celebrating an injury, that's your prerogative. I just find it hilarious that you're calling me the sensitive one when you're dumpster diving for joke posts about a game that happened three years ago. :camby: yourself breh.

This is what happens when we let our children listen to Drake, SMH. Much like the Falcons, they can dish it out but can't take it.
You said that you couldn't remember making a joke about said injury, so I provided evidence of said post. It's called backing up your argument, not a difficult concept to grasp.

And still don't really see the humor in your "joke", especially when being made in the context of a player getting a season-ending injury.

And Drake fucking sucks btw

*waves hello to BG*

The worst part about the Cowboy's off-season is our D-Line finding Rolando McClain's stash of weed and failing their drug tests.

Other than that I don't have serious complaints. Yeah I wanted Ramsey but I really like their other picks. I don't really think we are a super bowl contender this year. At least I can say that we'll be exciting to watch on offense. If Romo gets seriously hurt again I will probably flush my own head down the toilet

cdyhybrid

You said that you couldn't remember making a joke about said injury, so I provided evidence of said post. It's called backing up your argument, not a difficult concept to grasp.

And still don't really see the humor in your "joke", especially when being made in the context of a player getting a season-ending injury.

And Drake fucking sucks btw

*waves hello to BG*
Nah, this is where our disconnect is. Joking about something and celebrating something are two different things. You said I celebrated it - nah. I made a joke about it.

Participating in the Bradford injury pool doesn't mean I actually want him to get hurt.

I am really curious to see how Romo does after missing an entire year at age 36. It looks like it is setting up for the racists to run away with the division but football can be weird sometimes.

Farooq

Banned
The worst part about the Cowboy's off-season is our D-Line finding Rolando McClain's stash of weed and failing their drug tests.

Other than that I don't have serious complaints. Yeah I wanted Ramsey but I really like their other picks. I don't really think we are a super bowl contender this year. At least I can say that we'll be exciting to watch on offense. If Romo gets seriously hurt again I will probably flush my own head down the toilet

Yo, Zeke was a straight Garrett pick. Really short term thinking (guess who will be on the hot seat if this team is shit again).

Sometimes I feel like Will McClay should lock Jerry and the coaches in a closet until the draft is over.

So many opportunities to grab value squandered by not having balls. Could have moved down and then grabbed Zeke. Could have moved down and then grabbed Smith. Reported trades that were going to happen if they weren't chicken shit. Those extra 4ths and 5ths add up. They need all the picks they can get with the way this team drafts in the later rounds.

Yo, Zeke was a straight Garrett pick. Really short term thinking (guess who will be on the hot seat if this team is shit again).

Sometimes I feel like Will McClay should lock Jerry and the coaches in a closet until the draft is over.

So many opportunities to grab value squandered by not having balls. Could have moved down and then grabbed Zeke. Could have moved down and then grabbed Smith. Reported trades that were going to happen if they weren't chicken shit. Those extra 4ths and 5ths add up. They need all the picks they can get with the way this team drafts in the later rounds.

Yeah I wonder if they could have traded with the Ravens, they really wanted Ramsey. I think after failing to get Lynch Jerry got spooked and just wanted to guarantee they got a guy they really felt good about, so they took Smith when they probably could have gotten him later.

Farooq

Banned
Yeah I wonder if they could have traded with the Ravens, they really wanted Ramsey. I think after failing to get Lynch Jerry got spooked and just wanted to guarantee they got a guy they really felt good about, so they took Smith when they probably could have gotten him later.

They could have traded with the Ravens. Ravens offered a 4th, Cowboys wanted a 3rd. I can't remember the other team that wanted to trade in the second round. Missing out on these picks sucks, I mean look at the prospects picked in the 4th after the Ravens pick. I can find 6 prospects that visited with Cowboys that I would love to have. Wasted opportunities.

They could have traded with the Ravens. Ravens offered a 4th, Cowboys wanted a 3rd. I can't remember the other team that wanted to trade in the second round. Missing out on these picks sucks, I mean look at the prospects picked in the 4th after the Ravens pick. I can find 6 prospects that visited with Cowboys that I would love to have. Wasted opportunities.

I hadn't read that. A pretty blatant screw up on the Cowboy's part.

Farooq

Banned
I hadn't read that. A pretty blatant screw up on the Cowboy's part.

Stephen Jones, one observer noted, picked up the phone and called Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome. “Hey Oz,” Stephen Jones said. “We probably will pick here, but …” Newsome told Jones that to move up from 6 to 4 in the first round he’d give Baltimore’s fourth-rounder, 104 overall. “We need a three to do it,” Stephen Jones told him. “If you change your mind, call me.”

Ozzie never called back. From MMQB. Offers insight into the draft room. Jerry wanted a three so he could package it with their second to move up for Lynch. I don't know man, this team sometimes...

Ozzie never called back. From MMQB. Offers insight into the draft room. Jerry wanted a three so he could package it with their second to move up for Lynch. I don't know man, this team sometimes...

You wait until the last second and call Ozzie back and take the 4th. You literally have nothing to lose, and a 4th to gain. Even if you're obsessed with getting Lynch, having an extra 4th to deal is better than nothing.

That's all obvious of course. I hope Stephen learns and continues to push back against his father's influence as he slowly goes senile.

Top Bottom