• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigAT

This would explain a lot about his decision making.

ExoT0Zx.png

cdyhybrid

I'm well aware that Lynch was hurt most of last year but Thomas Rawls is no Marshawn Lynch. You're still taking away a special running back, physically and production wise. Marshawn was a beast and a running back like him is harder to replace than a Wide Receiver.
Rawls is the replacement. Similar running style, similar skillset. Had similar production to prime Marshawn before he got hurt, with a trash OL.

Will he have the similar consistency/clutch play/longevity? We'll see, but there's no reason to believe that our running game will drop off providing he plays like he did last season.

We also drafted 3 RBs to provide some depth and different skillsets behind him, so if those guys can contribute in backup roles, we'll be just fine.

I'm much more concerned about SLB, the OL, and the corner opposite Sherman. We have guys on the roster, but need to see them produce.

Rawls is the replacement. Similar running style, similar skillset. Had similar production to prime Marshawn before he got hurt, with a trash OL.

Will he have the similar consistency/clutch play/longevity? We'll see, but there's no reason to believe that our running game will drop off providing he plays like he did last season.

We also drafted 3 RBs to provide some depth and different skillsets behind him, so if those guys can contribute in backup roles, we'll be just fine.

I'm much more concerned about SLB, the OL, and the corner opposite Sherman. We have guys on the roster, but need to see them produce.
When was the last time any position on a football field was replaced with no drop off?

Duxxy3

I actually think you'll be fine with just Prosise and Collins. Nice committee.

Godslay

Banned
Having a slow, grinding offense that eats a lot of clock also means that you never get out to big leads. You're a few mistakes away from losing the game at all times.

That's why you pair it with a good defense.

I'll take a strong running game matched with a strong D every single time over a high flying offense with a mediocre D.

I mean, I just watched a historically great O paired with a mediocre D get dismantled in a SB and a historic D paired with a shit O win the SB in the span of 3 years.

Never again will I play the fool and trust O to win it for a team unless they can play D as well.

That's why you pair it with a good defense.

I'll take a strong running game matched with a strong D every single time over a high flying offense with a mediocre D.

I mean, I just watched a historically great O paired with a mediocre D get dismantled in a SB and a historic D paired with a shit O win the SB in the span of 3 years.

Never again will I play the fool and trust O to win it for a team unless they can play D as well.

And that is why a lot of Cowboy fans were a bit dismayed with the Zeke pick. We already had a good running game, and with Romo a good passing game too. Marginally upgrading the running game isn't going to help as much as strengthening the defense in any way possible.

Godslay

Banned
And that is why a lot of Cowboy fans were a bit dismayed with the Zeke pick. We already had a good running game, and with Romo a good passing game too. Marginally upgrading the running game isn't going to help as much as strengthening the defense in any way possible.

A great RB helps the defense as well, as counter as that sounds. I'm guessing that they think that with the existing offense a player like Zeke makes it an elite unit versus a high defensive pick that would make them less mediocre?

Besides the Cowboys spent 5 of 9 picks on D, so they did partially restock the cupboards.

I mean you can win with that, I just trust one over the other.

Holy shitballs.

I just logged on via the desktop and saw that FMT is a father?!?

Congrats FMT. I insist that I don't want to know the specifics of how the kid was conceived. I am not old enough to hear stories like that!

I am sure you will make a great father. Just remember to teach the baby right (Steelers) from wrong (Patriots)!

thanks brah. my wife is a pats/brady fan but i will make sure that it doesn't happen!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
TJ Jones earns more love as Lions' breakout player in 2016

ALLEN PARK -- Jim Caldwell has said he expects big things from TJ Jones this season. It appears his quarterback feels the same.

Matthew Stafford singled out the third-year receiver when asked during a recent Q&A session at Ford Field which player is headed for a breakout season, according to the team's website.

Jones was a sixth-round pick out of Notre Dame in 2014, but did not play his rookie year due to nerve pain in his arm. It was a lost season for him. But rather than slide out of the rotational picture, like Kyle Van Noy has after suffering an injury that season, Jones has been climbing.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss..._lions_wr_tj_j.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Loving the confidence TJ Jones has and the confidence the team is showing in him.

If we're running 4 Reciever sets:

1A.) Golden Tate
1B.) Marvin Jones
2.) Eric Ebron
3.) Jeremy Kerley

I also think we'll be using Theo Riddick in the slot like the Patriots use Julian Edelman.

I don't think Corey Fuller makes the roster come August. I'm sure he'll get picked up elsewhere but he's been a disappointing WR whether it's dropping catches or just never being able to get separation from the defender guarding him.

Jeremy Kerley hasn't earned a roster spot either but I think he will sans an injury and like the article states TJ Jones will be battling with Undrafted rookies like Jay Lee from Baylor for that 4-6th WR spot on the roster.

As much as I think Eric Ebron will be a great weapon in the offense he seems like the type of player, combined with his style of play, won't be able to play 16 games a season making depth even more important.

Speaking of Eric Ebron, [url="http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/05/04/detroit-lions-eric-ebron-donald-trump/83942106/]he's ready to move to Canada if Trump wins[/url]

Top Bottom