• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

I am really curious to see how Romo does after missing an entire year at age 36. It looks like it is setting up for the racists to run away with the division but football can be weird sometimes.

Unless Wentz is the real deal, and/Romo stays healthy, I see the Skins having a nice run of division titles. They have the best roster, and even though I think Cousins got exposed last year vs good teams, he's a solid QB for what they do there

e: Thanks for the link, mech. Brock with Fuller/Nuk/Brax is gonna be fun to watch for years to come!

Joei

a7bc4ee2e43297641c1fc095e144564b.jpg

azseZiD.jpg

Interesting roundtable with some select offensive linemen:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25577288/in-the-line-of-fire

Chance Warmack, Kyle Long, Weston Richburg, Bobby Massie

This particular line from Richburg kinda stood out for me about linemen jelling and reps:

"Is technique taught in the NFL?

Richburg: There isn't much teaching going on at all. It's kind of sink or swim. That's why I am here."

That's a pretty big indictment right there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I am really curious to see how Romo does after missing an entire year at age 36. It looks like it is setting up for the racists to run away with the division but football can be weird sometimes.

I'm glad someone else is seeing what I'm seeing with Romo.

At this point he's injury prone and, frankly, old for the NFL. That's a nasty combination and I wouldn't be shocked if he was out of the league in two years even.

At this point he's injury prone and, frankly, old for the NFL. That's a nasty combination and I wouldn't be shocked if he was out of the league in two years even.

He needs to eat more avocado icecream.

He's got things going for him as well. He's really smart, has the best O-Line in football, a top 5 WR, and now a dynamic 3rd down back.

I can totally see why people doubt him. He's a guy who has been doubted his whole career.

Brees is up there too, though he hasn't been as injury prone. Still, in the next 2-3 years we'll see the end of Sandy Vagina, Brees and Romo, and then in the 2-3 years after that Ben, Eli and Rivers will all be gone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Rivers goes in next couple of years; he's talked about retiring (I think, Bread please confirm) after the last couple of seasons.

ESPN is gonna be 24x7x365 Russell Wilson TV at that point.

Racist ain't winning shit, they had a nice lucky year with Eagles being coached by a moron, Giants always injured, and Cowboys injured...they won this shitty division at 9-7..

Farooq

Banned
He's got things going for him as well. He's really smart, has the best O-Line in football, a top 5 WR, and now a dynamic 3rd down back.

I can totally see why people doubt him. He's a guy who has been doubted his whole career.

Dude is a miriacle. It is going to be so sweet when goes out a champion. Hopefully Zeke is to Romo what TD was to Elway.

I think Eli could carry that Giants team to a 9-7 record next year pretty much by himself.

They just got a lot of bad breaks late in games last season. If Cowboys fall apart again, I'd put my money there.

Just like my brother Chris, I like Romo. Easily the easiest to root for QB in the NFC East. Would like to see him do well, problem is that Jerrah is a cunt.

bionic77

What did I miss?

From bionic land we all got the flu and it is the worst. Could not take off so I hopefully gave it to the attorneys that annoy me.

From Lakers land the wheels are now in motion for future success.

Steelers draft was interesting. Hope some of those corners and safeties contribute. We still need a pass rush though. Can't depend on Deebo forever...

Hindl

Brees is up there too, though he hasn't been as injury prone. Still, in the next 2-3 years we'll see the end of Sandy Vagina, Brees and Romo, and then in the 2-3 years after that Ben, Eli and Rivers will all be gone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Rivers goes in next couple of years; he's talked about retiring (I think, Bread please confirm) after the last couple of seasons.

ESPN is gonna be 24x7x365 Russell Wilson TV at that point.

Yeah, I don't mean to turn the conversation to the Eagles again, but a few beat writers touched on this. It's why I came around on the trade for Wentz. A lot of the old guard of the NFL will be retiring in the next 4-6 years. Then suddenly all of these recently dominant teams will be looking for new QBs. Teams like the Bucs, Jags, and Titans could be the new dominant teams in the NFL with their young franchise QBs that should hit their prime right as teams like the Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. have their QBs retire.

I think Eli could carry that Giants team to a 9-7 record next year pretty much by himself.

They just got a lot of bad breaks late in games last season. If Cowboys fall apart again, I'd put my money there.

The Giants O was fine last year. That defense was just historically bad. With their draft and FA I'm expecting them to improve a bit too.

Godslay

Banned
Dude is a miriacle. It is going to be so sweet when goes out a champion. Hopefully Zeke is to Romo what TD was to Elway.

That would be cool to see.

The only problem I see with it, is that those Denver defenses back then weren't that bad. I'd even say they were underrated.

In 97' they were 6th in terms of points allowed over the season and only gave up 18 ppg in the post-season, and in 98' they were 8th only giving up 10.6 ppg in the post-season.

Partially due to the style the played, but they held their own and are largely forgotten.

If Dallas can make a jump defensively, with a resurgent running game, and healthy Romo? I'll buy in.

squicken

Giants are like 2 games under 500 since the 2009 season. Eli has had a great career. Great Giant. Slayer of the evil Pats. Hero

But he's not his brother. Peyton carried garbo teams at the end of his Colts run to 14-15 win seasons. The Giants defense is going to be awful again, and Eli and ODB can't do it alone.

I agree with the notion that Rivers will be the one, aside from Romo, to fade first. His arm is awful, and just like with Peyton, intelligence and anticipation have their limits

What did I miss?

From bionic land we all got the flu and it is the worst. Could not take off so I hopefully gave it to the attorneys that annoy me.

Steelers draft was interesting. Hope some of those corners and safeties contribute. We still need a pass rush though. Can't depend on Deebo forever...
Justice happened Bionic.

Prince :(

And the Bradford Saga continues..

Welcome back you scholar and gentleman.

We replace you with slo.
Slo didn't even try Chuck.. And he couldn't come close.

What did I miss?

1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

Seahawks waive Drew Nowak.

And 4 other guys too! Why don't you mention them? Only mention the white guy? RACIST!

MechDX

Unless Wentz is the real deal, and/Romo stays healthy, I see the Skins having a nice run of division titles. They have the best roster, and even though I think Cousins got exposed last year vs good teams, he's a solid QB for what they do there

e: Thanks for the link, mech. Brock with Fuller/Nuk/Brax is gonna be fun to watch for years to come!

Feels weird man.....

You forgot Strong and Lamar Miller. Brock really has no excuses. Hell they even revamped the o line in the draft and free agency

Eli Apple's mother is a treasure.

“Eli was offered Rolex watches and diamonds to wear on draft day,” Annie Apple wrote. “I told him, ‘Dude, you’re an unemployed college dropout. You will not be on TV with a Rolex.’ So we decided if he needed to know what time it was, he could just look at his phone. I bought him a portable charger.”

And of course. There is no doubt Eli Apple is a Jersey guy now.

"Upon our arrival, we walked to baggage claim to pick up our luggage. Carson (Wentz, who was on the same flight home to the Philadelphia airport) was followed by a slew of cameras as he walked to a waiting black Cadillac Escalade. Meanwhile, we headed to my brother's waiting minivan to drive back home to New Jersey (but not before picking up Wawa sandwiches). I appreciated the way the New York Giants do business. Having Eli go home and decompress before formally meeting the media in the No. 1 city in the world is smart, bold and effective."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What did I miss?

Brady got suspended for four games. Lots of shout outs to you in the OT thread about it. Pats fans are citing emotional distress per usual.

MRSA/Chanhuk and ButtsAPlenty/Konka are deceased due to a mass purge of known alts forum wide

The Bucs drafted a kicker in the second round and there was lulz for days. Oh and the Jets drafted Hackenberg. Apparently to play professional football! So that should be amusing.

Pepiope has come to terms about Bradford, Kas is still predicting a Lions Super Bowl, and Trump is apparently the Republican candidate for president.

bionic77

Brady got suspended for four games. Lots of shout outs to you in the OT thread about it. Pats fans are citing emotional distress per usual.

MRSA/Chanhuk and ButtsAPlenty/Konka are deceased due to a mass purge of known alts forum wide

The Bucs drafted a kicker in the second round and there was lulz for days. Oh and the Jets drafted Hackenberg. Apparently to play professional football! So that should be amusing.

Pepiope has come to terms about Bradford, Kas is still predicting a Lions Super Bowl, and Trump is apparently the Republican candidate for president.
Fuck Brady.

Damn we ain't going to around for much longer...

I followed the NFL news. Did not know people still talked about Bradford. He will be on the bench and on his way out of the league halfway through the season.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions' Matthew Stafford visits local elementary school to teach good habits and healthy eating

The Detroit Lions today visited Tenniswood Elementary School in Clinton Township.

Matthew Stafford, Roary and others were at the school teaching the students about healthy eating and exercise habits, and Stafford even threw the football around with the students.

Fun seemed to be had by all.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/lions-ma...chool-to-teach-good-habits-and-healthy-eating

Philanthropist during the offseason, franchise QB during the season.

Slo

What did I miss?

All is well, brotha.

What did I miss?

Welcome back!

The Steelers reached in the 1st, got what we all hope to be career Pro Bowlers in the 2nd and 3rd.

I can't remember who the Pats picked in the 1st.

Legends died, other alt-legends were perm'd, Dutch got abused in his own draft thread for defending a Sandy Vagina, and the legal system (those without the flu) backed up Goodell's greatest contribution to modern football by reinstating Brady's suspension.

Top Bottom