• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are good.

Coors-Light.jpg

Enjoy friend,

bionic77

Congrats on the promotion Chris.

Remember don't advertise that you hire strictly based on ass size. Make sure to hire some dudes and flat assed people to avoid that lawsuit.

jmdajr

Betting this CoD 4 bullshit is what is holding up Black Ops being released on X1 BC. Game has been ready to release for a while now. Testers were playing it months ago

New CoD is boring. Whoever thought putting parkour in everything needs to be punched in the dick, hard.

Almost zero(no pun intended) capcom games work on BC. Bastards.

unrelated.

That Industrial fire today..it started at a home...that spread to the warehouse. yay!

Congrats dude

Thanks!

Congrats friend!

Oh I thought this was a happy occasion...

Well I've noticed a tread of people liking shitty beer around here....

You dont have to drink it. I just dumped mine when he wasn't looking.

#FuckDega

Congrats on the promotion Chris.

Remember don't advertise that you hire strictly based on ass size. Make sure to hire some dudes and flat assed people to avoid that lawsuit.

Oh damn...Guess I have to do my first firing.

Congrats Chris friend, now you can afford to buy me craft beers :)

I could always afford it...I just don't want to buy them for you.

Sounds about right for a first run

I think I fucked up by playing thru DS1 twice right before DS3, I've just been burned out. I'm in I
rythill right before Pontiff
, and I think I have some fatigue. It plays great and I'm enjoying it, just not in love with it as DS1 and Bloodborne. I think I need a break then I'll come back and burn through it
Really 30 hours for the first area is reasonable? I couldn't figure out where to go and I was trying not to use a guide so I just kept leveling up killing guys.

Hindl

Well I've noticed a tread of people liking shitty beer around here....

Coors is about the only mass produced beer I can't drink. I can do Coors Banquet, but Coors Light is just awful to me

Really 30 hours for the first area is reasonable? I couldn't figure out where to go and I was trying not to use a guide so I just kept leveling up killing guys.

No just usually your first time through these games you don't know where to go and you usually die a lot so it takes a while. Like the first time I played DS I probably took 35 hours to get slightly past where you are. Then the second time thru I was used to the game and knew the layout, and that same area took me 45 minutes.

You dont have to drink it. I just dumped mine when he wasn't looking.

Good plan

Well in this hypothetical I would already be rich and not need the money. Also it seems like the team can only get back a portion of the money, not all of it.

They might not be able to get back all of the signing bonus, I don't know how that works, but any portion of regular salary would not have to be paid. Either way it would be a huge victory for the team. $5m paid to a signing bonus to hedge your bet in case you couldn't get a new QB? Fine by me!

You guys are so ridiculous with this stuff. Bradford is so much better then Chase, plus if the Eagles go into the year with just Chase and Wentz and Chase gets hurt you have to play Wentz before you were ready to.

bionic77

Well in this hypothetical I would already be rich and not need the money. Also it seems like the team can only get back a portion of the money, not all of it.
You have to be pretty fucking rich to turn down $22 million.

When you are about to retire and are only 30 I would play it out and take the money.

Drakeon

You guys are so ridiculous with this stuff. Bradford is so much better then Chase, plus if the Eagles go into the year with just Chase and Wentz and Chase gets hurt you have to play Wentz before you were ready to.

And the Jaguars claimed Bortles wouldn't play a full year but yet there he was starting in Week 6.

If Bradford is still on the roster, I doubt Wentz does play for much of the season (although I could easily see him get some play around week 12-14 if the Eagles are out of playoff contention).

You have to be pretty fucking rich to turn down $22 million.

When you are about to retire and are only 30 I would play it out and take the money.

Bradford does have the luxury of being the last class to get just insane money. Didn't he get nearly $70 million on his rookie contract?

cdyhybrid

You say he should walk away from $22M and we're the ridiculous ones?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pretty sure Badford would have to forfeit the entirety of the signing bonus. Courts tend to rule in terms of bonus money/time played. Happens quite a bit.

In this hypothetical you are also like 30 years old and pretty much throwing in the towel on any future earning potential for the rest of your life, so you'd probably want to get every last dollar you could.

bionic77

And the Jaguars claimed Bortles wouldn't play a full year but yet there he was starting in Week 6.

If Bradford is still on the roster, I doubt Wentz does play for much of the season (although I could easily see him get some play around week 12-14 if the Eagles are out of playoff contention).

Bradford does have the luxury of being the last class to get just insane money. Didn't he get nearly $70 million on his rookie contract?
That's a lot of cheese but he probably spent some of that money and a lot went to taxes and some more to his agent.

He is retiring really early. He would be dumb to throw that money away. Hell I would tell him to play for even $10 million.

The only legit reason for him to retire is if he was worried about injury and didn't think the rewards were high enough for his career to risk a catastrophic injury.

If I had even a few million of that $60+ mil Bradford's already made, I'd be set for life. If you're even just a little bit competent with finances or can pay people who are to help you, money's not a major factor in this decision, the factors are "do you want to play for them after they lied to or misled you" and "are you okay knowing you might be unemployed next year anyway"

If I had even a few million of that $60+ mil Bradford's already made, I'd be set for life. If you're even just a little bit competent with finances or can pay people who are to help you, money's not a major factor in this decision, the factors are "do you want to play for them after they lied to or misled you" and "are you okay knowing you might be unemployed next year anyway"

What about you lying and misleading the organization and fans when you said you were a good QB and they should sign you and give you a nice contract before you have proven anything?

bionic77

A few million is not a lot of money if you retire at age 30 unless you plan to live in a trailer park.

Fuck my financial guy tells me I need to save a few million to retire in 30 years!

The only legit reason for him to retire is if he was worried about injury and didn't think the rewards were high enough for his career to risk a catastrophic injury.

If he's retiring it's because he's come to the conclusion (which all of NFL-GAF except for Pep) that 1, no team in the NFL wants him, even the one that signed him; 2, the one that signed him would gladly roll him out there long enough to have a multi-pick game so that the boos would send him reeling in a pool of tears down the tunnel while Philly fans cheer "Wentz! Wentz! Wentz!"

His options suck. Play for a team that would take him back but doesn't want him long-term, where he has to walk into the locker room where everyone thinks he's a little biiiiiiitch. Or retire, basically. He demanded a trade and nobody wants him. Not at his cost.

Now... if you're the Pats or the Cowboys or the Saints and you're looking to find a mediocre backup who can bridge you to the next guy once your current guy dies on the field within the next 2-3 years, then sure... here's a clipboard, Sam. But he's being paid starter money to start for ... nobody.

If he's retiring it's because he's come to the conclusion (which all of NFL-GAF except for Pep) that 1, no team in the NFL wants him, even the one that signed him; 2, the one that signed him would gladly roll him out there long enough to have a multi-pick game so that the boos would send him reeling in a pool of tears down the tunnel while Philly fans cheer "Wentz! Wentz! Wentz!"

His options suck. Play for a team that would take him back but doesn't want him long-term, where he has to walk into the locker room where everyone thinks he's a little biiiiiiitch. Or retire, basically. He demanded a trade and nobody wants him. Not at his cost.

Now... if you're the Pats or the Cowboys or the Saints and you're looking to find a mediocre backup who can bridge you to the next guy once your current guy dies on the field within the next 2-3 years, then sure... here's a clipboard, Sam. But he's being paid starter money to start for ... nobody.
Multiple reports said the broncos offered a 4th for him, even with his $22m price tag. Howie turned it down because they really don't want to have to start Wentz before he is ready.

Top Bottom