• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Colasante

Who's the shortest cornerback who has consistently played well on the outside? Brent Grimes? Does Chris Harris play a lot on the boundaries? Cyrus Jones looked great on the outside at Alabama, but at 5'9 odds are that he'll be strictly in the slot in the NFL.

Happy bday, Chris my American friend.

4 1/2 hours til Civil War for me. #TeamIronMan all day. Fuck Cap, that goody two shoes biiiiiiitch.

Where's BG? He should be emerging from the movie just about now. He needs to report.

Duxxy3

Who's the shortest cornerback who has consistently played well on the outside? Brent Grimes? Does Chris Harris play a lot on the boundaries? Cyrus Jones looked great on the outside at Alabama, but at 5'9 odds are that he'll be strictly in the slot in the NFL.

Can always convert Jones to WR and Mitchell to corner.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
piesmanbama.0.gif

Robinson can do anything defensive coaches have asked of him, playing anywhere from nose to five-technique. He has the rare combination of freakish strength and tremendous athleticism that are the trademarks of Pro Bowl defensive linemen, and his versatility is a prized facet of his game.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...stions-on-ashawn-robinson-with-roll-bama-roll

*Phew*

Yeah I have really enjoyed just about every movie in the MCU...except Iron Man 3. According to GAF, I'm just stupid though for not seeing how subtle and amazing it is though.

As great as all these movies are, they still feel like disposable entertainment. Nothing will ever top the Dark Knight in my mind because no one will top Heath Ledger's Joker in terms of creativity and impact. He took a unique spin on arguably the most famous comic villain and somehow made him even more mysterious and unnerving than Jack Nicholson's version. If the Dark Knight has a weakness, it's that I didn't give a shit about Batman by comparison because the villain was that well done. I remember watching the movie in theaters and my stomach was in a knot and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the Joker would do next.

I haven't experienced anything close to that with any of the MCU movies because the villains have been mostly weak....closest thing to it was the Kingpin in Daredevil which was really well done because at times they made you feel sympathetic towards a real piece of human garbage. Or maybe the "Clairvoyent" in Agents of Shield season 1...that was pretty nuts.

So maybe the problem is that there's not enough time to build up a good villain in the MCU. The only real developed one is Loki. The Joker also has a distinct advantage of not needing to be built up because he has no backstory...so that's kind of like cheating.

TL:DR - Villains in the MCU need work for these movies to be considered "great" and not "really good popcorn flicks that I'll rewatch from time to time"

...All entertainment is disposable.

Fantomex

bionic77

As mentioned Thor 2 was just "ok" by every definition. I liked CA:TFA quite a bit while most seem to like to shit on it.
The first cap movie was garbage.

Never saw Thor 2.

Saw IM3 on an airplane. It was not good but ok for an airplane movie. And still better than Cap1.

Captain America is weird because usually the first movie is the best part of a series or trilogy. Captain America is doing it ass backwards.

MechDX

The first cap movie was garbage.

Never saw Thor 2.

Saw IM3 on an airplane. It was not good but ok for an airplane movie. And still better than Cap1.

Captain America is weird because usually the first movie is the best part of a series or trilogy. Captain America is doing it ass backwards.

Another person who hates America. Need to go make sure your Trump bumper sticker is still on your vehicle.

Milchjon

Haven't kept up with superhero movies, but all the trailers before Civil War besides maybe Suicide Squad looked like utter shit.

Civil war was good. The Russo brothers of the Cleve brought us Arressted development episodes and now this. Truly the Cleve is a great place that inspires
94f.png

thought they introduced the new characters pretty well, I'll take more Spider-Man and Panther
aunt May had me feeling feels!
*sweats

#TeamIronBae
#TeamTeams

Milchjon

Civil war was good. The Russo brothers of the Cleve brought us Arressted development episodes and now this. Truly the Cleve is a great place that inspires
94f.png

thought they introduced the new characters pretty well, I'll take more Spider-Man and Panther
*sweats

#TeamIronBae
#TeamTeams
Like I said, the loudest I laughed was at the CLEVELAND sign.

This is all GAF's fault.

I blame this thread but when Civil War took up an entire frame to say CLEVELAND I snorted.

Marked out for Spider-Man and
Giant-Man
. Rest of the movie was not bad.

wut. that's awful casting

You can't cast a Rosemary Harris type for that Aunt May with Peter looking 15. And Tomei's from Brooklyn so I thought it worked fine for the 10 minutes she was in it.

Malalaw

Winning a match of Overwatch in Overtime twice in the same game is about as intense as it gets. Reaper coming in clutch!

Was pointing out A'Shawn Robinsons athleticism.

I'm really excited to see him in our system. Ziggy Ansah got 14.5 sacks last year despite our pass rush being quite ineffective, imagine what he can do this year with a better d-line. Robinson was never really a pass rusher at Alabama of course but I'm still expecting that we'll be able to close the pocket a lot better than last year.

Man...this conversation and the draft really puts into perspective how bad a GM Mayhew was. You go into an offseason knowing you will likely lose Suh and will let Fairley walk. And your response is to do nothing to replace them on the DL outside of signing some journeymen and trading a third round pick to draft a fourth round DT (who probably won't make the team this year btw). Nor did he add any talented OL depth, btw. Utter madness.

In contrast, Quin came into the job knowing both the o-line and d-line were problems...so he stacked them both with draft picks and some decent FA depth signings. You can actually see a long term plan or blueprint here, whereas Mayhew constantly seemed like he was making it up as he went.

So Dougie Pederson was asked today if Bradford was still his starting qb and he said if he is still on the team at the start of the season then he will be the starter. I believe this is the first time any of the Eagles higher ups have entertained the idea that he might not be on the team when the season starts. I wonder if this means a trade is incoming?

94f.png

*sweats

#TeamIronBae
#TeamTeams
Still
RIP Peggy Carter

Top Bottom