• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milchjon

I have had the flu for the past week.

Could not even take more than a day off from work.

I feel like shit.

Makes me hate you and your kind even more when I remember that all flus are created in New England. This is known. I might have felt a little more human if we had some summer weather in fucking May instead of this rain all the time and be cold as shit bullshit we are getting.

Fuck the Pats. Fuck the flu they give us every year. Actually, fuck everything.

*hug*

*only to give you Pats cooties*

bionic77

Doesn't that make people get the urge to buy pink hats and whine about only winning most of the time?
Don't forget complaining about the justice system and how it is stacked against cheating cunts.

It must be embarrassing to have your star player found guilty of being a dirty cheater by the leagues highest office.

I wouldn't know because this shit only seems to happen to the Pats. My players are clean (on the field).

bionic77

Not a long way from buying pink purses and whining about only winning most of the time. Bionic will feel right at home.
You guys don't know the burden of having money.

You should thank your lucky stars that this is a problem most of you will never have to deal with.

To quote a most intelligent scholar, mo money mo problems.

/bionic puts on his shiny pants.

MechDX

Bucky Brooks (aka Welly) has done a divisional breakdown of "draft grades". Finally hit the AFCS this morning. Of note:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-grades-texans-jaguars-titans-all-in-a-range
BIGGEST SLEEPER: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
Houston Texans, Round 3, No. 85 overall.

The two-time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year -- as a quarterback -- is unquestionably one of the most electrifying playmakers in the 2016 class. But questions surrounding his transition to wide receiver led to a surprising fall down the charts despite his immense talent and potential as an offensive weapon. Miller will give Bill O'Brien a versatile playmaker to deploy in the slot like Julian Edelman, while also adding more speed and quickness to the lineup. Considering his big-play potential in an offense that features one of the NFL's top WR1s (DeAndre Hopkins) and an electric runner (Lamar Miller), the Ohio State product's output and performance could exceed expectations for a mid-round pick.

Just the thought of the bolded got me all
635529812277956276688605342_puppy8.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It makes sense given the source material and it really makes sense for Disney because it is a never ending stream of money, but sarcasm aside, it doesn't seem like it is easy to replicate (though some have tried).

Whoever is in charge made all the right decisions though, starting with getting Downey to launch the whole damn thing.

Yeah I have really enjoyed just about every movie in the MCU...except Iron Man 3. According to GAF, I'm just stupid though for not seeing how subtle and amazing it is though.

As great as all these movies are, they still feel like disposable entertainment. Nothing will ever top the Dark Knight in my mind because no one will top Heath Ledger's Joker in terms of creativity and impact. He took a unique spin on arguably the most famous comic villain and somehow made him even more mysterious and unnerving than Jack Nicholson's version. If the Dark Knight has a weakness, it's that I didn't give a shit about Batman by comparison because the villain was that well done. I remember watching the movie in theaters and my stomach was in a knot and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the Joker would do next.

I haven't experienced anything close to that with any of the MCU movies because the villains have been mostly weak....closest thing to it was the Kingpin in Daredevil which was really well done because at times they made you feel sympathetic towards a real piece of human garbage. Or maybe the "Clairvoyent" in Agents of Shield season 1...that was pretty nuts.

So maybe the problem is that there's not enough time to build up a good villain in the MCU. The only real developed one is Loki. The Joker also has a distinct advantage of not needing to be built up because he has no backstory...so that's kind of like cheating.

TL:DR - Villains in the MCU need work for these movies to be considered "great" and not "really good popcorn flicks that I'll rewatch from time to time"

Damn, New York weather is crap.

Weather has been shit in the northeast all week. Well, actually I like the rain so it's not that shit by my standards but in general it is. However, I was getting excited for perfect temperature spring days and they need to come already.

Brent Celek's new restaurant opens this weekend. I might go! It's korean fusion.

bionic77

Yeah I have really enjoyed just about every movie in the MCU...except Iron Man 3. According to GAF, I'm just stupid though for not seeing how subtle and amazing it is though.

As great as all these movies are, they still feel like disposable entertainment. Nothing will ever top the Dark Knight in my mind because no one will top Heath Ledger's Joker in terms of creativity and impact. He took a unique spin on arguably the most famous comic villain and somehow made him even more mysterious and unnerving than Jack Nicholson's version. If the Dark Knight has a weakness, it's that I didn't give a shit about Batman by comparison because the villain was that well done. I remember watching the movie in theaters and my stomach was in a knot and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the Joker would do next.

I haven't experienced anything close to that with any of the MCU movies because the villains have been mostly weak....closest thing to it was the Kingpin in Daredevil which was really well done because at times they made you feel sympathetic towards a real piece of human garbage. Or maybe the "Clairvoyent" in Agents of Shield season 1...that was pretty nuts.

So maybe the problem is that there's not enough time to build up a good villain in the MCU. The only real developed one is Loki. The Joker also has a distinct advantage of not needing to be built up because he has no backstory...so that's kind of like cheating.

TL:DR - Villains in the MCU need work for these movies to be considered "great" and not "really good popcorn flicks that I'll rewatch from time to time"
I agree with everything you said and I also agree with the bolded, which I don't think was by accident and is part of the genius of whoever is in control of the franchise as a whole.

When you make a movie like Dark Knight nothing is going to be able to follow it. It is just too intense. Instead of doing that and maybe peaking creatively, Disney is much happier to have a 20 year buildup that gives them 2-3 billion dollar movies every year. Even if they don't pull it off in what is sure to be a 2-3 part conclusion to the Infinity War, Disney will have made so much money by then that it almost won't even matter.

I mean with Pixar, Disney movies, Disney live action, Marvel and now Star Wars I don't think any company has ever owned the box office quite like Disney currently owns it. They are putting out hits faster than they can even dream of incorporating them into their parks and all the other crap Disney does to make money. Its definitely a good problem for their stockholders to have.

Fantomex

Damn Mech surpassed Kas in my opinion. Everything is newsworthy to him.

"Osweiller has switched from chicken to pork after seeing a nutritionist"

"Arian Foster sold his house"

"WATT starts in his on ProActiv commercial"

Blah blah blah. We winning the owl

MechDX

Its NFL related news even if it is an opinion piece. This is an NFL thread.

Forgive me for trying to stay on topic.

Tom Penny

Watt is retiring after this season .

Line_HTX

Weather has been shit in the northeast all week. Well, actually I like the rain so it's not that shit by my standards but in general it is. However, I was getting excited for perfect temperature spring days and they need to come already.

Brent Celek's new restaurant opens this weekend. I might go! It's korean fusion.

Brent Celek's Korean restaurant? It better have some great KBBQ or RIOT.

Brent Celek's Korean restaurant? It better have some great KBBQ or RIOT.

It's fusion, so who knows, but his business partner for his other places and his long time chef is Korean, so I think it's mostly going to be korean takes on American classics and one or two authentic dishes. As long as someone will feed me ddukbokki and samgyeopsal I don't care though.

Line_HTX

I like how Texans Duane Brown posted a photo of himself eating a US burger with all American made meat.

He got lucky he kept his receipts and proved he didn't deserve a ten game suspension, Dega! WHOO!

It's fusion, so who knows, but his business partner for his other places and his long time chef is Korean, so I think it's mostly going to be korean takes on American classics and one or two authentic dishes. As long as someone will feed me ddukbokki and samgyeopsal I don't care though.

Ooh, I forgot bibimbap (?) is the best.

I like how Texans Duane Brown posted a photo of himself eating a US burger with all American made meat.

He got lucky he kept his receipts and proved he didn't deserve a ten game suspension, Dega! WHOO!

Ooh, I forgot bibimbap (?) is the best.

Bibimbap is indeed the best. It's probably the most common though.

I'm just sort of surprised how in-tune he seems to be, because he's opening his Korean fusion restaurant toward the beginning of a big wave of it here in Philly. There's like two more slated to open after his.

Top Bottom